Sandvine

Updated Nov 2, 2014

2.8

Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sandvine in August 2009.

Started off with a basic interview on phone with simple tech questions. The experience was very nice.

Second interview was totally technical. It was also phone based with 2 persons who were really nice and kind. Told before the interview that nobody knows it all so dont panic.

Third was 1:1.

Interview Questions
    • What does a decreasing tcp window size indicate in a packet capture   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sandvine in March 2011.

Started with phone interview with a tech guy. Then did a face to face with same guy. Flew to another city to interview with VP of worldwide sales. He was actually the most technical person in the interview process. Then talked with HR. Then negotiated with hiring manager - VP of US sales. Painful but fairly complete.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult situation and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    Since I went through a recruiter, he did much of the offer negotiation until I declined twice. Then the hiring manager took over and made the same offer. This was a bad decision on my part and should have been an indicator of the sales team mentality.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sandvine in June 2011.

Interview will center around data structures and object oriented questsions. Later networking canceptual part

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Sandvine in June 2012.

phone interview followed by tech f2f , good tech qs l2/l3 switching

quick

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sandvine in October 2013.

For me it was six rounds of interview, one written on three different areas, one more techinal written which includes tcp/ip concepts and c and c++ programming. Followed by couple of technical interviews.

Software Engineer Interview

interviewed at Sandvine in August 2014.

Through college placement cell. Total 3 rounds . 1 written test. 2 Techincal. First round questions were from DSA. Some linked list questions. Basic network and OS. Asked me to explain the complete path a packet follow in the network topology before it reaches the destination. I os about semaphores.

Interview Questions
    • Design a memory management algo where the user will allocate memory with in 80-700. Total fragmentation should me minimum.   Answer Question

QA Engineer - Fresher Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Sandvine.

Written Test , 3rounds of technical interview and 1 HR round
    Written test had questions from the networking side and programming
    1st round - Focus on resume and basic programming questions like sorting and some puzzles
    2nd round - General technical discussions on how a network behaves , a cell phone works
    3rd round - Technical questions on networking. Was more focused on L2 and L3

Interview Questions
    • Programming Questions asked in the written test were from SQL   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sandvine in October 2014.

2 technical rounds , 1 director round and an HR round

Hiring process is very smooth.Very good HRs.

1st round : Questions related to hash map (data strucutres & algorithms)
    2nd round: They check your knowledge of previously done projects.Networking concepts,OS concepts and coding questions (snippets)
    3rd round: Some technical ( they asked me, not always ) and brain teasers.
    4th round:HR round - discussion of compensation

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Sandvine in November 2013.

Guys taking interview was good, but i was fully disappointed with Hr team, because of poor communication, No full details given after selection

Interview Questions
    • all questions were related to tcl , aptitude and technical   Answer Question
    Nothing was negotiated in fixed pay, they were keen to see other offers i had in hand

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sandvine in March 2012.

Interview was scheduled and postponed couple of times. The screening interview happened over skype, general project management questions; like how do you motivate your team, how do track the project etc