Sandvine Interview Questions

Updated Jun 6, 2015

2.9

Interview

HR department sent an email about interview appointment, then called and did the screen interview. There are some technical questions being asked during the screen interview. The questions are about basic embedded software programming for networking. The whole process is very professional, and the person in HR is very nice.

Technical Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sandvine (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

First round was tough..I was able to clear it.
    Second round was high level ..was relatively easy/ but I got nervous in some questions and faltered.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sandvine.

Interview

There were 3 rounds total. First is written covering all the topcs of study. 2nd was 1-1 interview and third was group interview. Questions were neither tough nor easy. The difficult part was to satisfy interviewer with your answers.

Interview Questions

• there were no such unexpected questions but the networking based questions were really tough.   Answer Question

Interview

Some questions were asked on C++ and Java.

Write pgm Jolly jumper
    Singleton class
     Q: What is Singleton class?

A: Singleton class control object creation, limiting the number to one but allowing the flexibility to create more objects if the situation changes.
    Q: What do you mean by Constructor?

A: Constructor gets invoked when a new object is created. Every class has a constructor. If we do not explicitly write a constructor for a class the java compiler builds a default constructor for that class.
    Q: List the three steps for creating an Object for a class?

A: An Object is first declared, then instantiated and then it is initialized.
    Q: What is the default value of byte datatype in Java?

A: Default value of byte datatype is 0.

, The interviewer was tring to show off his knowledge.I didnt accepted offer this is a hire and fire company

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sandvine.

Interview

Two levels technical questions, Generally C++, one guy was great and explained me the answers to the question I didn't answer; HR interview and an offer in less than 24 hours

Interview Questions

• Why do you think that you should be sitting as the country head for the com[pany   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sandvine (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in October 2010.

Interview

fairly straight forward HR interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sandvine.

Interview

1 phone interview and 1 in person interview. The phone interview is basically focus on behaviors and resume detail. The in person interview is more focus on technical part. The questions are generally simple and basic. It covers a very wide range of knowledge but most are within the areas that listed in job posting. Be prepared for very fundamental question. Answered almost all questions but one during the in-person interview. The question is what is DHCP. I failed to linked the abbr to my actual knowledge and the interviewer is also unable to remember what is the full name of DHCP. At the end, the interviewer told me that my knowledge of networking is at academic level (personally have excellent academic background and nearly 2years experience in software developer area). A week later, my friend inside the company told me that I was been refused and they hire another one who qualification is at average level but has experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me everything the computer does from the time you press power button till you connected to google in browser.   1 Answer

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Sandvine (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

1st round telephonic by manager & tech lead some basic question about testing & current project. some question on scripting as i was working in automation side. Interview was around 1 hr. they asked complete my profile in detailed in telephonic round. then they
    called me for F2F interview. But in F2F one funny thing for me again the same Manager & tech lead came for F2F they don't have any in depth technical question so they again asked me my job profile & some management question. i was completely shocked for this F2F interview bcz same person again taking the interview they don't have any in depth technical question which usually every one expect. anyways after half an hour of interview HR came and she told me i can leave they will update the feedback. after one week also i did'nt get any feedback from HR when i called then they mailed me My profile is not matched with current requirements. it's really very funny in telephonic round it' self i explained them completely about my profile then after F2F they came to know my profile is not matching with their requirement.
    HR Experience also very bad they not communicate properly they not sending the mail for interview just on call they scheduled the interview. in my when i requested to send the mail for they told ok i will send the mail today evening but i didn't received any mail. then again i called then i received the mail. HR is not active very lazy.

Interview Questions

• nothing is difficult it's very easy process :)   1 Answer

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Sandvine (Bangalore (India)) in January 2012.

Interview

one telephonic followed by face to face; there main focus seems to be on problem solving and automation(tcl is a must, itcl is a plus). They have a unique testing infrastructure/ and a not so common technology so your previous experience counts for little.

prepare tcl/networking concepts L2/L3/L7.

any experience in DPI is also a plus.

Interview Questions

• why you want to come to bangalore   1 Answer

Negotiation

i did not negotiate, accepted the first offer they gave

Test Automation Interview

Interview

One phone interview then in person interview. There were several questions all pretty typical. One was describe how a packet would get from your computer to a servers. Another had to do with dealing with binary data.