Sandvine Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2015
Updated Apr 10, 2015

2.9

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sandvine (Bangalore (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

Its a one hour interview process went on for 2 rounds.

First one on the products what I worked on & the second was on Scripting which is related on Scripting

Finally HR round on the Salary negotiation

Overall it completed in 1.5 hour

Interview Questions

• They have asked about my experience on various products & asked to explain the product in deep & various message level transactions & some scripting (TCL) related   1 Answer

Director Level Business Development/Alliances Role Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sandvine in February 2015.

Interview

Simply embarrassing for Sandvine. I reached out to the HR person who posted an opportunity on Linkedin she got back me pretty quickly to set up a first interview a couple of days later. When the time arrived, no one called. I emailed the HR person, who emailed me back much later the same day explaining she had been detained in meetings. She asked if we could reschedule - I agreed. I provided a few times I was available over the next few days and didn't hear from the HR person again until after all of those suggested times had passed. When she emailed me again, she apologized once more and asked for new possible times to chat. I again provided a few options - and the same thing happened again; no response until all of the possible times had lapsed. When the HR person emailed me again (once more apologizing and asking me for times to discuss the role), I responded by asking her to suggest a few times to me. I never got a response. Truly amateur experience.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer has to actually show up for the interview to be able to share questions.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sandvine (Bangalore (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

Was not a pleasant experience. Better to check if they can offer you as per your expectation and then go for interview otherwise they can reject you with any junk reason.Its not a great company either.

Interview Questions

• Write a program for pairwise swapping for linked list. Normal and recursive both   1 Answer

Field Services Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sandvine.

Interview

I was contacted within 1 day of sending my CV to Sandvine and we arranged for a telephone 'pre-interview' 2 days following.

The pre-interview with HR was very comfortable and relaxed. The HR person was friendly and very easy to talk to. The call appeared to go very well and when I was asked about my availability to have a second interview within the next 2 days, I was very confident in their interest.

The call to confirm the next interview never came. I waited a week and then dropped an email asking for an update but received no response. I waited another 5 days to send another email and it too was ignored.

Following such a friendly and, what I thought to be a positive interview, I am disappointed in the lack of respect to return an email - even to say that there is no interest.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sandvine in October 2014.

Interview

2 technical rounds , 1 director round and an HR round

Hiring process is very smooth.Very good HRs.

1st round : Questions related to hash map (data strucutres & algorithms)
    2nd round: They check your knowledge of previously done projects.Networking concepts,OS concepts and coding questions (snippets)
    3rd round: Some technical ( they asked me, not always ) and brain teasers.
    4th round:HR round - discussion of compensation

QA Engineer - Fresher Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Sandvine.

Interview

Written Test , 3rounds of technical interview and 1 HR round
    Written test had questions from the networking side and programming
    1st round - Focus on resume and basic programming questions like sorting and some puzzles
    2nd round - General technical discussions on how a network behaves , a cell phone works
    3rd round - Technical questions on networking. Was more focused on L2 and L3

Interview Questions

• Programming Questions asked in the written test were from SQL   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate

Software Engineer Interview

Application

interviewed at Sandvine in August 2014.

Interview

Through college placement cell. Total 3 rounds . 1 written test. 2 Techincal. First round questions were from DSA. Some linked list questions. Basic network and OS. Asked me to explain the complete path a packet follow in the network topology before it reaches the destination. I os about semaphores.

Interview Questions

• Design a memory management algo where the user will allocate memory with in 80-700. Total fragmentation should me minimum.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Some questions were asked on C++ and Java.

Write pgm Jolly jumper
    Singleton class
     Q: What is Singleton class?

A: Singleton class control object creation, limiting the number to one but allowing the flexibility to create more objects if the situation changes.
    Q: What do you mean by Constructor?

A: Constructor gets invoked when a new object is created. Every class has a constructor. If we do not explicitly write a constructor for a class the java compiler builds a default constructor for that class.
    Q: List the three steps for creating an Object for a class?

A: An Object is first declared, then instantiated and then it is initialized.
    Q: What is the default value of byte datatype in Java?

A: Default value of byte datatype is 0.

, The interviewer was tring to show off his knowledge.I didnt accepted offer this is a hire and fire company

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sandvine.

Interview

There were 3 rounds total. First is written covering all the topcs of study. 2nd was 1-1 interview and third was group interview. Questions were neither tough nor easy. The difficult part was to satisfy interviewer with your answers.

Interview Questions

• there were no such unexpected questions but the networking based questions were really tough.   Answer Question

Technical Leader Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sandvine (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

First round was tough..I was able to clear it.
    Second round was high level ..was relatively easy/ but I got nervous in some questions and faltered.