Sandvine

Very Easy Interview

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Quality Assurance Engineer
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Sandvine.

Interview Details – 1st round telephonic by manager & tech lead some basic question about testing & current project. some question on scripting as i was working in automation side. Interview was around 1 hr. they asked complete my profile in detailed in telephonic round. then they
called me for F2F interview. But in F2F one funny thing for me again the same Manager & tech lead came for F2F they don't have any in depth technical question so they again asked me my job profile & some management question. i was completely shocked for this F2F interview bcz same person again taking the interview they don't have any in depth technical question which usually every one expect. anyways after half an hour of interview HR came and she told me i can leave they will update the feedback. after one week also i did'nt get any feedback from HR when i called then they mailed me My profile is not matched with current requirements. it's really very funny in telephonic round it' self i explained them completely about my profile then after F2F they came to know my profile is not matching with their requirement.
HR Experience also very bad they not communicate properly they not sending the mail for interview just on call they scheduled the interview. in my when i requested to send the mail for they told ok i will send the mail today evening but i didn't received any mail. then again i called then i received the mail. HR is not active very lazy.

Interview Question – nothing is difficult it's very easy process :)   View Answer

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Quality Assurance Engineer
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Sandvine in October 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online through university and recieved an invitation to a 1 on 1 interview.
The interview was approximately an hour and it had a combination of behaviour and problem solving questions. Less technical but more puzzle solving type questions. Received an email a week after the interview with the job offer.

Interview Questions

• You have 9 marbles which are all the same weight, except for one which is slightly
    heavier than the others. You also have an old?style balance, which allows you to weigh two piles of marbles to see which one is heavier (or if they are of equal weight). What is the fewest number of weighings that you can make which will tell you which marble is the heavier one ?
      View Answers (3)
  • Write code to find duplicates in a sorted array and delete them.   View Answer
  • What is the difference between a link list and a double link list and what is the difference between a stack and a heap?   View Answer
  • Your friend has a program which he builds automatically each day. He is going away for 10 days and he asks you to look at the build results each day and let him know the day the build fails. He comes back on the 11th day and his boss asks him about the build results. You forget to monitor the build results and when you check on the 11th day, the result is a fail. How would you tell which day the build failed in the least number of tries by looking at the results.   View Answer
  • A pizza delivery guy charges 10 dollar flat fee if he has to drive 10km. He charges 5 dollars extra if he has to drive 20 km or more. If he has to climb up steps to deliver he charges another extra dollar, and if there is a dog, he charges another extra dollar. List all of the different combinations.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Software Engineer - Automation - New Grad Interview

Software Engineer - Automation - New Grad

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sandvine.

Interview Details – 1 phone interview and 1 in person interview. The phone interview is basically focus on behaviors and resume detail. The in person interview is more focus on technical part. The questions are generally simple and basic. It covers a very wide range of knowledge but most are within the areas that listed in job posting. Be prepared for very fundamental question. Answered almost all questions but one during the in-person interview. The question is what is DHCP. I failed to linked the abbr to my actual knowledge and the interviewer is also unable to remember what is the full name of DHCP. At the end, the interviewer told me that my knowledge of networking is at academic level (personally have excellent academic background and nearly 2years experience in software developer area). A week later, my friend inside the company told me that I was been refused and they hire another one who qualification is at average level but has experience.

Interview Question – Tell me everything the computer does from the time you press power button till you connected to google in browser.   View Answer

Test Automation Interview

Test Automation

Interviewed at Sandvine

Interview Details – One phone interview then in person interview. There were several questions all pretty typical. One was describe how a packet would get from your computer to a servers. Another had to do with dealing with binary data.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Sandvine in March 2012.

Interview Details – Interview was scheduled and postponed couple of times. The screening interview happened over skype, general project management questions; like how do you motivate your team, how do track the project etc

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sandvine in September 2011.

Interview Details – There were the sequence of 1:1 interviews with Director, Manager, SW architect. Mainly behavioral questions and I told my stores and the examples of my projects.

Interview Question – What do you know about Tcl?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The offer was good, I accepted as was presented.
Ask more about job and projects - there is a stupid Tcl script everywhere.

Automation Engineer Interview

Automation Engineer
Bangalore (India)

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sandvine in November 2011.

Interview Details – * 1 Level of technical round with Manager
* 1 Level of technical and non-technical round with 2nd Level Manager
* 1 Level of technical and/or non-technical round with HR/Directory

Interview Question – How would you go about the simulation of wireshark trace of 8sec of internet traffic?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Easy to negotiate
The compensation is anyway good.

Sales Engineer Interview

Sales Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sandvine in March 2011.

Interview Details – Started with phone interview with a tech guy. Then did a face to face with same guy. Flew to another city to interview with VP of worldwide sales. He was actually the most technical person in the interview process. Then talked with HR. Then negotiated with hiring manager - VP of US sales. Painful but fairly complete.

Interview Question – Describe a difficult situation and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Since I went through a recruiter, he did much of the offer negotiation until I declined twice. Then the hiring manager took over and made the same offer. This was a bad decision on my part and should have been an indicator of the sales team mentality.

Systems Administrator Interview

Systems Administrator
Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Sandvine in March 2010.

Interview Details – Whole process was really fast, on Monday I was called for first interview and on Wednesday I was again called for interview with manager and director. Everything went great and was told to wait for email offer which i accepted.

Network Support Technician Interview

Network Support Technician
Waterloo, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sandvine in March 2011.

Interview Details – A phone interview was setup with by a recruiter at waterloo. she was very polite and communicated efficiently. interview consisted of both behavioral and technical questions for example what do you know about this company and why do you want to join us, what is your experience with networking etc. Technical part consisted of TCP and UDP protocols and basic UNIX commands

Interview Questions

• what UNIX commands do you use to make a directory,list a directory and view the running process   Answer Question
  • What is the difference between UDP and TCP and list examples of such protocols   Answer Question
  • Describe your home network ad what is the difference btw a blue and green network cable   Answer Question