Sanford C. Bernstein

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Sanford C. Bernstein in June 2012.

Interview Details – Got called in after submitting resume online. First had interview screening, then called back for several interviews with senior management. Mainly trying to assess commitment to equity research and general ability to tackle basic financial concepts.

Interview Question – How do you value a software company?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Sanford C. Bernstein in January 2010.

Interview Details – Met with HR for a 30-min interview about past work experience, why I'm interested in research, etc. She asked for my high school SAT scores which I thought was interesting. Interview ended with a case question: how many ipods were sold in 2009?

Interview Questions

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Sanford C. Bernstein in March 2009.

Interview Details – After interviewing one-on-one with the recruiting firm for this position, a month later I was emailed by the internal HR representative for an interview that same week. The interview consisted of fit and case questions with the HR rep and another research associate. The fit questions were standard "why Bernstein? Why equity research? What are your best/worst qualities. The case questions were basic market sizing (e.g. "how many x widgets were sold in the US in 2008?").

Interview Questions

Worked for Sanford C. Bernstein? Contribute to the Community!