Sanford C. Bernstein Junior Research Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

3 interviews

3.3

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Sanford C. Bernstein in June 2012.

Got called in after submitting resume online. First had interview screening, then called back for several interviews with senior management. Mainly trying to assess commitment to equity research and general ability to tackle basic financial concepts.

Other Interview Reviews for Sanford C. Bernstein

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Sanford C. Bernstein in January 2010.

Met with HR for a 30-min interview about past work experience, why I'm interested in research, etc. She asked for my high school SAT scores which I thought was interesting. Interview ended with a case question: how many ipods were sold in 2009?

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Sanford C. Bernstein in March 2009.

After interviewing one-on-one with the recruiting firm for this position, a month later I was emailed by the internal HR representative for an interview that same week. The interview consisted of fit and case questions with the HR rep and another research associate. The fit questions were standard "why Bernstein? Why equity research? What are your best/worst qualities. The case questions were basic market sizing (e.g. "how many x widgets were sold in the US in 2008?").

Interview Questions
    • How many pairs of jeans did the Gap Corporation sell in 2008?   Answer Question
    • What were Anheuser-Busch's beer revenues in 2008?   Answer Question

Worked for Sanford C. Bernstein? Contribute to the Community!