Sanford Health Interview Questions

Updated Jul 17, 2015

2.7

Patient Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fargo, ND

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sanford Health (Fargo, ND) in May 2015.

Interview

Went to the department and was interviewed by a nurse who runs the department. He explained what they do in the dept and showed me around and talked about the procedures they do there. Then we went to his office and he explained the job and asked me questions about my job experience and how I handled certain situations in my past jobs. He asked if I had any questions quite a few times.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current position, explain how I would handle an upset patient. Asked if I had questions.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fargo, ND

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sanford Health (Fargo, ND) in April 2015.

Interview

First Round: Telephone, Second Round: Information Session about the job , mostly behavioral round.Third Round: Technical Program written exam.Fourth Round: Technical Round with panel. Sanford IT team more concentrates on your program skills for the position. The overall experience was good. But lot of days taken to get call for the next level rounds.

Interview Questions

• Project Experience - Mostly questions on your technical experience which you have performed in the project   1 Answer

Quality Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fargo, ND

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Sanford Health (Fargo, ND).

Interview

The interview process was via video messaging/Skype. At first it was difficult getting used to talking into a computer screen, but the technology worked well and the interviewers were very nice and professional. I showed up 20 minutes early for the interview, but I wasn't attended to until the exact time of the scheduled interview. The interview was about 35 minutes long.

Nurse Extern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sioux Falls, SD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sanford Health (Sioux Falls, SD) in November 2014.

Interview

Skype interview. Easy to do, asked good questions. Were good at communicating via email about the whole process. Very friendly and welcoming. Helped me feel relaxed during the process .

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sanford Health.

Interview

HR is slow to respond. First you have a telephonic interview by HR then one with the supervising managers. May need to come back and re-interview if they have several candidates in mind.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. Pay is based on your years of experience. If you do not have experience everyone starts at a low rate. South Dakota is one of the worst paying states for nurses.

Research Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sanford Health.

Interview

Standar interview process had a phone interview with HR and met with the manager who asked standard interview questions and reviewed my resume.

Negotiation

negotiated the pay up

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sanford Health.

Interview

I applied through their web program. After 3 weeks, I got a call from the RN recruiter to set up interview times ( as I had applied for 2 different units ). Prior to meeting with the specific units, I had to meet with the RN recruiter at a different location to fill out paperwork. Then I drove downtown for my interviews. If I hadn't had all of my college clinical experiences at this facility, I think it would have been very difficult for me to get to where I needed to go as there wasn't anyone around to lead me.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question was in regards to how I spend my time outside of work. They unit I was interviewing on apparently was very social and everyone enjoyed going to the bar after work, even it if was only 8 AM. I should have known then that they only way to enjoy this job was to drink. A lot.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate nothing. Even the original start date had to be moved (which meant I had to go 2 more weeks without an income since I had given notice at my previous job).

Environmental Services/Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fargo, ND

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sanford Health (Fargo, ND) in May 2013.

Interview

After the submission of the application to work at Sanford, I got a phone call from the HR department up at Sanford, wanting to set up a time for me to have a face to face interview. However, I was not available at that time, I was in school. So, the HR was flexible, and had a phone-interview session with me. It went pretty well. The good part was, they were looking for individuals who are dedicated to work in the perspective of quality than quantity. The culture up at Sanford was lenient and nice! It is a fast-paced workplace. Overall, the phone interview with the HR department went well as expected.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was, what is your philosophy and how would you contribute to Sanford. Something like that got me thinking about the hospital and how I can contribute in order to make the workplace and the patients feel welcomed!   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sioux Falls, SD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sanford Health (Sioux Falls, SD) in April 2013.

Interview

Short phone interview followed by in person interview at HR. I was applying for an internship in a specific department so they asked me why I was interested in that area and who referred me to apply.

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sanford Health.

Interview

Online search engine site through Sanford's website, create online profile and fill out application; after application is filled out email will be received thanking you for applying to Sanford and that they will contact you for an interview if you are considered for the position. If you are not considered, and email might be received anywhere from 1-6 months after applying (personal experience). Usually an interview call will be 2+ weeks after application is received. Initial phone interview with HR, if pass that then set up interview with specific department and some departments then have a "peer interview."

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a supervisor and tell me the outcome.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was not able to negotiate entry level RN pay.