Sanford Health

www.sanfordhealth.org

Sanford Health Interview Questions

2.4

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sanford Health.

HR is slow to respond. First you have a telephonic interview by HR then one with the supervising managers. May need to come back and re-interview if they have several candidates in mind.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiation. Pay is based on your years of experience. If you do not have experience everyone starts at a low rate. South Dakota is one of the worst paying states for nurses.

Research Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sanford Health.

Standar interview process had a phone interview with HR and met with the manager who asked standard interview questions and reviewed my resume.

negotiated the pay up

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sanford Health.

I applied through their web program. After 3 weeks, I got a call from the RN recruiter to set up interview times ( as I had applied for 2 different units ). Prior to meeting with the specific units, I had to meet with the RN recruiter at a different location to fill out paperwork. Then I drove downtown for my interviews. If I hadn't had all of my college clinical experiences at this facility, I think it would have been very difficult for me to get to where I needed to go as there wasn't anyone around to lead me.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was in regards to how I spend my time outside of work. They unit I was interviewing on apparently was very social and everyone enjoyed going to the bar after work, even it if was only 8 AM. I should have known then that they only way to enjoy this job was to drink. A lot.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate nothing. Even the original start date had to be moved (which meant I had to go 2 more weeks without an income since I had given notice at my previous job).

Environmental Services/Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fargo, ND

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sanford Health in May 2013.

After the submission of the application to work at Sanford, I got a phone call from the HR department up at Sanford, wanting to set up a time for me to have a face to face interview. However, I was not available at that time, I was in school. So, the HR was flexible, and had a phone-interview session with me. It went pretty well. The good part was, they were looking for individuals who are dedicated to work in the perspective of quality than quantity. The culture up at Sanford was lenient and nice! It is a fast-paced workplace. Overall, the phone interview with the HR department went well as expected.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was, what is your philosophy and how would you contribute to Sanford. Something like that got me thinking about the hospital and how I can contribute in order to make the workplace and the patients feel welcomed!   Answer Question

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sanford Health.

Online search engine site through Sanford's website, create online profile and fill out application; after application is filled out email will be received thanking you for applying to Sanford and that they will contact you for an interview if you are considered for the position. If you are not considered, and email might be received anywhere from 1-6 months after applying (personal experience). Usually an interview call will be 2+ weeks after application is received. Initial phone interview with HR, if pass that then set up interview with specific department and some departments then have a "peer interview."

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a supervisor and tell me the outcome.   Answer Question
    Was not able to negotiate entry level RN pay.

CNA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bismarck, ND
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bismarck, ND

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sanford Health in July 2011.

Interviewed by department manager. Very professional and comfortable. Was called back the next day and offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a child was crying and the parent was in the room but was sleeping.   View Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Sanford Health in April 2011.

The hiring process takes forever. They drill you with questions. The lady who interviewed me was a robot.

Interview Questions

I read the comments on Glass Door.

Staff Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fargo, ND

I applied online. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Sanford Health in March 2011.

Interviews were thorough and detailed, they asked for 3 references from previous employers and background checked, which is pretty much standard for any job. I had meetings with executives and also people who would be potentially working with me, people are known for being nice in North Dakota and this was true in my case.

Interview Questions
    They got back to me 1 month after the interview and it took 6 months to start working there

Medical Records Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fargo, ND

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sanford Health in June 2010.

1 interview that went well...hired at the time of an acquisition. Made to believe I would have the same hours but pay raises were dependent upon the companys choice, not on merit.