Sangamo BioSciences Interview Questions

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sangamo BioSciences

Research Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Point Richmond, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sangamo BioSciences (Point Richmond, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed by three people. Two of which were searching for an intern to work on their team, and the other was just in higher up position. The whole process took two hours. The first person started by asking about my resume, my relevant job experiences, what relevant courses I had taken, and was generally gauging whether I would be appropriate for the job. He went into great depth into what project he would be working on. The second interview with the other project coordinator was much more brief and to the point. This one tended to look at whether my resume showed consistent activities (relevant to the position, etc.) or whether I had tried to do too much in college. The last interviewer was also a UC Berkeley professor, he took the time to scan my resume, evaluate why I decided on a particular major, how my school experience was, and to question certain grades received in classes.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about if I was taught about CCR5 receptors on T cells. If I knew how HIV infects cells, and what the ZFNs were targeting in HIV infected T cells. I was asked to explains (since I mentioned that I've done this) how I purified certain proteins and to explain PCR.   1 Answer

Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sangamo BioSciences (Richmond, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Normal interview plus a pop-quiz on biology. Be sure you know basic molecular biology and lab calculations. It wasn't a hard quiz, but it was definitely a surprise! You have to talk about your previous lab experience. Describe the science, etc etc. It's all pretty standard for working in a lab. If you're a recent grad, you should probably have worked in a lab before. If you're from Berkeley, you better have taken the harder genetics course and done well. They'll probably check your transcripts. You'd think, oh a small little biotech, I can get that. But they're surprisingly selective. Your experience should be there. There really isn'y much to "prepare" for in the interview.

Research Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sangamo BioSciences (Richmond, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

Interviewed with 5 different project leaders. Process went smoothly. Afterwards, there was almost no communication. Only one person would talk to me and he kept me waiting for two months and still never gave me a yes or no. I obviously knew it was a no, but he wouldn't even say it! Pretty unprofessional when it came to handling student internships.

Contractor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sangamo BioSciences in May 2011.

Interview

arrangements for interview went smoothly, no issues the day of the interview there was juggling of times and people meeting with focus of the interview changed from contractor to potential employee