Sanjel Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2015

2.6

Service Operator I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lupton, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sanjel (Fort Lupton, CO) in September 2014.

Interview

Was very to the point interview no messing around was told about the job and what id be doing and shown around the truck yard and was introduced the the cooridinaters

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Sanjel in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online, received initial email from recruiter about 2 to 3 weeks after that. Email politely requested a phone interview with recruiter to go over the position. Phone interview was relaxed and covered all the basics; education, experience, interest in the position, etc. This was the same recruiter I dealt with for the entire hiring process and we spoke several times as he kept me well updated. Next was a phone interview with the hiring manager for the position I had applied to. Then an in person 1 on 1 interview at Sanjel. All communication was relaxed and straight forward. It definitely helped that I was already familiar with the position and the requirements. Entire process from initial application to offer took about 5 weeks. All in all interviewing with Sanjel was the best of the companies I formally interviewed with, and I was consistently impressed with the level of courtesy, professionalism, and enthusiasm I was shown. It played a major role in my acceptance of the offer I received.

Interview Questions

• No behavioral/scenario/hypothetical questions. All questions were related to the job, how your experience/education prepared you for it, are you prepared for the shifts/hours/environment, how much do you know about Sanjel, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not a lot of room for negotiation, more of a take it or leave it offer.

Kinesiologist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sanjel in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online through the company website, and received a phone call from a Sanjel recruiter around 4 weeks later. I then played phone tag with the recruiter for about a week, before she left me a message telling me that she was scheduling an interview for me the next day, and that I should call her back to let her know if that time worked for me. On the voicemail she also explained that she was a recruiter, and the reason I could never get her on the phone was because she was in and out of meetings all day. She told me that if I confirmed the interview time, she would then send me a confirmation email. I did not receive an email until the next day, 2 hours before the scheduled interview time. Until I received that email I had no clue whether or not I had the interview time. Needless to say, I rushed to get ready and be at the interview on time. The atmosphere and the interview itself were really relaxed. Definitely not the most stressful interview I had been in.

Interview Questions

• Questions were really not too difficult. They were average interview questions.   Answer Question

Technical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Sanjel (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in September 2013.

Interview

hiring process was quick and well managed, telephonic interview was also good. immediately called me for a personal interview and technical interviewhiring process was quick and well managed, telephonic interview was also good. immediately called me for a personal interview and technical interview

Negotiation

the management did not negotiate

Field Engineer Interview

Interview

Typical. Asking normal questions to a college-age candidate looking for a first job. Not familiar with US customs, obviously foreign ideals. Decent interview overall. Would not recommend for or against.

Pumping Services Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sanjel in April 2011.

Interview

Quick and painless, but disorganized. People are very friendly and helpful. Starts with a group session, just information only no questions in here. Then on to a one on one interview with hiring manager. Had an offer the following week. Pre employment testing includes a physical test, e.g. lifting and moving heavy objects.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any, just a general please describe your experience.   Answer Question

Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williston, ND

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Sanjel (Williston, ND) in October 2011.

Interview

The Company was advertised on Craigslist. I contacted the recruiting department and discussed my qualifications and was given an application. There was an urgency on their part and they scheduled an interview in my home area, nearly 1000 miles from the job location. I didn't take the job initially, but I called back one year later and got an interview with who would be my direct supervisor and was hired.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think the head mechanic at your last job didn't like you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The manager told me my salary would be low twenties per hour. That was more than I expected, and when Recruiting sent me the official offer, It was twenty two. So there realy wasn't any negotiation on my part.

Driver, Equipment Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miles City, MT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Sanjel (Miles City, MT) in September 2012.

Interview

Hiring process very meticulous. Had to have every detail done in full, faxed back and forth with Denver Office for 3-4 days. Bounced between people and departments before interview. Communication about status not always clear or precise. Interview was not too hard, no room for negotiation on salary. Found out later that they probably weren't as selective as I was led to believe, so I had little reason to be nervous.

Interview Questions

• Nothing significant. I don't remember any real difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I found no room for negotiations as an entry-level employee.

Equipment Operator Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Sanjel in December 2010.

Interview

It was very disorganized.

Interview Questions

• Are you too old to work for Sanjel?   1 Answer

Frac Driver Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sanjel in January 2012.

Interview

Everything was easy. I had my cdl learners permit and they liked me. I got a drug test right away and was told I am a shoe in so I just waited for a call back with an offer. I had to chase my offer becuase my file was misplaced at the office. My friend who was interviewed at the same time recieved his call a week before i did, which was three days after the innitial interview. I later went through the physical test and passed and at the last minute before I recieved my start date orders which I was told to be on the following Monday, I was told my back ground check was bad and I will get a letter telling me about it. They could not hire me though. Very dissapointing call when I was all packed. I am as squeeky clean as it gets so that back ground check must go back to the over due book at the library when I was ten.

Interview Questions

• What is your most important quality and how will it help our company?   Answer Question