Sanmina-SCI

Updated Dec 13, 2014

2.3

Buyer/Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Sanmina-SCI in June 2012.

It was an easy process. They ask a few questions.

Interview Questions
    yes there are room to negotiate.

Field Support Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, NH

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sanmina-SCI in March 2010.

Hiring interview went well, they were in need of a person that could just walk in and take over the processes on migration 2 sites Manchester and Derry NH sites to convert then from XP to AD, over 400 systems needed to be done.

Interview Questions
    Start next Monday, have a one hour introduction to the manufacturing environment, and solve desktop problems in the afternoon. No training just turn over of job duty.

Production Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sanmina-SCI in February 2010.

I was selected to become an employee for SCI at their first initial job interview and had only one orientation and there I successfully obtained a military standard certified soldering certificate.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sanmina-SCI in June 2009.

Contact for the interview was made by phone and scheduled for the next day, Interview was with the HR Director and lasted about an hour. The VP of HR came in and added a few words about the company and growth opportunities within the HR Dept. There was an immediate need for this position to be filled therefore, within an hour after my interview, I was contacted by phone with a verbal offer of employment and salary. I verbally accepted the offer and upon checking my email, I found an offer letter which I accepted. I started with the company a week later. My orientation was extremely long. It was about a 4 hour process which went into lunch time. There were about 10-15 people in the orientation which included professional and unprofessional employee's some who were not grasping everything being communicated.

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sanmina-SCI in April 2009.

Not very orgranized interviewers. The culture seemed stuffed but it was expected; typical of a CM culture. Questions asked were very simple, not much substance. The hiring manager seemed unsure and atually relied on one if his Engineers to make the final decision for him. One Engineer actually spent time talking about other people instead of focusing on the interviewee.

Senior Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sanmina-SCI in January 2009.

Typical EE interview, asking about amount of experience with detail aspects of the job opening as well as unfamiliar details in the resume of general interest to the interviewers.
    Not so typical, but common, lack of "test" (solve this problem...) questions.
    Reasonable amount of specific details about near-term work projects if I take the job.

Interview Questions
    • Based on other interviews in this military-contract town, I expected stupid "name a situation where you had to..." psycho-conflict questions (I had one interview that consisted of these entirely), but there weren't any.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. "We'll pay you less for now because, even though you have all the qualifications and experience in the needed subject matter, you don't have the right military products background." It took about 7 months to demonstrate I was on top of it all anyway; sadly, the salary is still the same low-ball because they haven't had raises in 5 years...

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online – interviewed at Sanmina-SCI.

hiring managers give a 1 hr lecture . they look for many skills same time expected you to know everything.very unprofessional and they look for cheap workers. keep advertising same jobs for months

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sanmina-SCI.

Easy, basic questions. Just need good communication skills.

Interview Questions
    Average salary structure. Cannot expect much.

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sanmina-SCI.

Telephonic Interview
    Direct Interview
    HR Interview

No Negotiations in my case

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riau (Indonesia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riau (Indonesia)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sanmina-SCI in November 2011.

call by phone to have schedule for interview, interview with user, interview with human resources, pass or fail