Sanmina-SCI Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2014

2.3

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sanmina-SCI in June 2009.

Contact for the interview was made by phone and scheduled for the next day, Interview was with the HR Director and lasted about an hour. The VP of HR came in and added a few words about the company and growth opportunities within the HR Dept. There was an immediate need for this position to be filled therefore, within an hour after my interview, I was contacted by phone with a verbal offer of employment and salary. I verbally accepted the offer and upon checking my email, I found an offer letter which I accepted. I started with the company a week later. My orientation was extremely long. It was about a 4 hour process which went into lunch time. There were about 10-15 people in the orientation which included professional and unprofessional employee's some who were not grasping everything being communicated.

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sanmina-SCI in April 2009.

Not very orgranized interviewers. The culture seemed stuffed but it was expected; typical of a CM culture. Questions asked were very simple, not much substance. The hiring manager seemed unsure and atually relied on one if his Engineers to make the final decision for him. One Engineer actually spent time talking about other people instead of focusing on the interviewee.

Senior Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sanmina-SCI in January 2009.

Typical EE interview, asking about amount of experience with detail aspects of the job opening as well as unfamiliar details in the resume of general interest to the interviewers.
    Not so typical, but common, lack of "test" (solve this problem...) questions.
    Reasonable amount of specific details about near-term work projects if I take the job.

Interview Questions
    • Based on other interviews in this military-contract town, I expected stupid "name a situation where you had to..." psycho-conflict questions (I had one interview that consisted of these entirely), but there weren't any.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. "We'll pay you less for now because, even though you have all the qualifications and experience in the needed subject matter, you don't have the right military products background." It took about 7 months to demonstrate I was on top of it all anyway; sadly, the salary is still the same low-ball because they haven't had raises in 5 years...

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online – interviewed at Sanmina-SCI.

hiring managers give a 1 hr lecture . they look for many skills same time expected you to know everything.very unprofessional and they look for cheap workers. keep advertising same jobs for months

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sanmina-SCI.

Easy, basic questions. Just need good communication skills.

Interview Questions
    Average salary structure. Cannot expect much.

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sanmina-SCI.

Telephonic Interview
    Direct Interview
    HR Interview

No Negotiations in my case

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riau (Indonesia)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sanmina-SCI in November 2011.

call by phone to have schedule for interview, interview with user, interview with human resources, pass or fail

Senior Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riau (Indonesia)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sanmina-SCI in March 2011.

The interviewer just ask the current position and current salary

Interview Questions
    • What your contribute to our company if you hired   View Answer

Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sanmina-SCI in February 2011.

first hr phone interview, c aptitude written test, oral technical round, salary negotiation. everything went as planned, result was announced at once without any waits.

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sanmina-SCI in October 2010.

A couple of phone interview with the recruiter. Then I was brought in for an in-person interview. I first met with the recruiter, then the hiring manager and one other manager I would be supporting. Then I was asked to recreate a ppt presentation (see how much I could do and how accurate in one hour). Just as a side note, throughout my career, every time I have been brought in for an in-person I have always been made an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you looking to leave my current job/employer?   View Answer
    I gave them my range and they didn't even meet my minimum. I would say to not expect to be paid top dollar.