Sanmina-SCI

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Hardware Engineer Interview

Senior Hardware Engineer
Huntsville, AL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Sanmina-SCI in January 2009.

Interview Details – Typical EE interview, asking about amount of experience with detail aspects of the job opening as well as unfamiliar details in the resume of general interest to the interviewers.
Not so typical, but common, lack of "test" (solve this problem...) questions.
Reasonable amount of specific details about near-term work projects if I take the job.

Interview Question – Based on other interviews in this military-contract town, I expected stupid "name a situation where you had to..." psycho-conflict questions (I had one interview that consisted of these entirely), but there weren't any.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. "We'll pay you less for now because, even though you have all the qualifications and experience in the needed subject matter, you don't have the right military products background." It took about 7 months to demonstrate I was on top of it all anyway; sadly, the salary is still the same low-ball because they haven't had raises in 5 years...

Test Engineer Interview

Test Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sanmina-SCI in April 2009.

Interview Details – Not very orgranized interviewers. The culture seemed stuffed but it was expected; typical of a CM culture. Questions asked were very simple, not much substance. The hiring manager seemed unsure and atually relied on one if his Engineers to make the final decision for him. One Engineer actually spent time talking about other people instead of focusing on the interviewee.

Interview Question – How do debug a board that doesn't power up   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Manufacturing Engineer
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and interviewed at Sanmina-SCI.

Interview Details – hiring managers give a 1 hr lecture . they look for many skills same time expected you to know everything.very unprofessional and they look for cheap workers. keep advertising same jobs for months

Interview Question – expected to 3 person job profile by 1 person   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Firmware Engineer Interview

Firmware Engineer
Chennai (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sanmina-SCI in February 2011.

Interview Details – first hr phone interview, c aptitude written test, oral technical round, salary negotiation. everything went as planned, result was announced at once without any waits.

Interview Question – almost manageable   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Interview

Programmer Analyst
Chennai (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sanmina-SCI in November 2009.

Interview Details – i joined in as a fresher It was easy

Interview Question – being mechaincal engineer why trying to get in to IT field   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Interview

Programmer Analyst
Chennai (India)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sanmina-SCI.

Interview Details – Easy, basic questions. Just need good communication skills.

Interview Question – Nothing like that.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Average salary structure. Cannot expect much.

Associate Engineer Interview

Associate Engineer
Chennai (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Sanmina-SCI.

Interview Details – Telephonic Interview
Direct Interview
HR Interview

Interview Question – Are you ready work round the clock   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiations in my case

Supply Chain Planner Interview

Supply Chain Planner
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Sanmina-SCI in July 2008.

Interview Details – There would be at least one interview with your immediate supervisor. He/she would tell you about the company's working condition, the team you would be recruited into, and the projects you would work on. You would be asked whether you would be willing to join the company after knowing about the requirements and working condition.

Interview Question – What is the most important component in Sanmina-SCI's production at Chai Chee plant?   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Manufacturing Engineer
Riau (Indonesia)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sanmina-SCI in November 2011.

Interview Details – call by phone to have schedule for interview, interview with user, interview with human resources, pass or fail

Interview Question – are you union members?   View Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Sanmina-SCI in October 2010.

Interview Details – A couple of phone interview with the recruiter. Then I was brought in for an in-person interview. I first met with the recruiter, then the hiring manager and one other manager I would be supporting. Then I was asked to recreate a ppt presentation (see how much I could do and how accurate in one hour). Just as a side note, throughout my career, every time I have been brought in for an in-person I have always been made an offer.

Interview Question – Why are you looking to leave my current job/employer?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I gave them my range and they didn't even meet my minimum. I would say to not expect to be paid top dollar.