Sanmina-SCI

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Hardware Engineer Interview

Senior Hardware Engineer
Huntsville, AL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Sanmina-SCI in January 2009.

Interview Details – Typical EE interview, asking about amount of experience with detail aspects of the job opening as well as unfamiliar details in the resume of general interest to the interviewers.
Not so typical, but common, lack of "test" (solve this problem...) questions.
Reasonable amount of specific details about near-term work projects if I take the job.

Interview Question – Based on other interviews in this military-contract town, I expected stupid "name a situation where you had to..." psycho-conflict questions (I had one interview that consisted of these entirely), but there weren't any.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. "We'll pay you less for now because, even though you have all the qualifications and experience in the needed subject matter, you don't have the right military products background." It took about 7 months to demonstrate I was on top of it all anyway; sadly, the salary is still the same low-ball because they haven't had raises in 5 years...

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Sanmina-SCI? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sanmina-SCI Senior Hardware Engineer interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Sanmina-SCI employees and interview candidates.