Sanmina-SCI

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Senior Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sanmina-SCI in January 2009.

Typical EE interview, asking about amount of experience with detail aspects of the job opening as well as unfamiliar details in the resume of general interest to the interviewers.
Not so typical, but common, lack of "test" (solve this problem...) questions.
Reasonable amount of specific details about near-term work projects if I take the job.

Interview Questions
  • Based on other interviews in this military-contract town, I expected stupid "name a situation where you had to..." psycho-conflict questions (I had one interview that consisted of these entirely), but there weren't any.   Answer Question
No negotiation. "We'll pay you less for now because, even though you have all the qualifications and experience in the needed subject matter, you don't have the right military products background." It took about 7 months to demonstrate I was on top of it all anyway; sadly, the salary is still the same low-ball because they haven't had raises in 5 years...