1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Senior Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sanmina in October 2009.

Interview

Sent my resume to HR. Second day, the HR person send email to ask salary requirement. The same day, the hiring manager called me and the phone went very well. Setup on-site interview with HR for the second business day. Interviewed with 5 persons and good feelings.

The hiring manager did not ask details about the technology. I think he assumed that my background (from my resume) was very strong. He showed me a lot of thing around the work place. No hard questions. He told me that I was the first interviewee and should be the best.

However, three weeks passed. No offer yet. I think they find another candidate more reasonable. I should be over qualified for this position. The salary I had is much higher what they can offer. I do not believe they think I can stay with them for a long time.

By the way, this is a small branch of Sanmina. It does not look like they have very high educational level person in the building. I have Ph.D. degree and they may not use to me.

Interview Questions

• This is a relative low position. For your background, do you think you want this job?   1 Answer
  • The salary for this position is nowhere close to what you make, do you still consider this position?   Answer Question