Santa Clara University

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Development Specialist Interview

Sales Development Specialist
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Santa Clara University in March 2013.

Interview Details – I came in for an interview at a time that was convenient for both my employer and myself. After a series of questions I was given two mock calls and was given a rough script in which I had to supplement the conversation. The object was to test my conversation skills

Interview Question – Why are you good at sales?   Answer Question

Marketing Assistant Interview

Marketing Assistant
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Santa Clara University in July 2010.

Interview Details – The actual process of receiving an offer took a lot longer than I anticipated. Once I received an offer, I already had another offer in hand and had accepted. If it hadn't taken as long, I probably would have accepted this offer.

Interview Question – Not many difficult questions. Very straightforward.   Answer Question

Exam Proctor Interview

Exam Proctor
Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Santa Clara University in September 2013.

Interview Details – The faculty support receives applications from more than 50 students, so please be patient if you do not get any response. I only expressed my interest and got interviewed in 2 weeks, then started working when exam came up.

Interview Question – What would you do if one of the students in the exam fainted?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Tenure Track Assistant Professor Interview

Tenure Track Assistant Professor
Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Santa Clara University in April 2012.

Interview Details – 3 days of meeting with faculty, presented a mock lecture and a research powerpoint. Faculty were friendly, but not very concerned with the process, as if there were another preferred candidate. I thought the interview was fair, but a waste of everyone's time. the only exception to this feeling is that I learned valuable interview skills.

Interview Question – How would you balance teaching and research?   View Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Santa Clara University in February 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview with person who would be direct supervisor, and then set up personal interview. I first met with HR representative, who told me all about all the benefits, days off, etc. This struck me as a bit premature and a waste of time, because if I didn't get offered the job, why dangle all the bennies in front of me? Because they pay below market, and that's how they try to lure you in, that's why. It was followed up by a panel interview, with one person after another firing off questions.

Interview Question – How judgmental a person do you feel you are?   Answer Question

Assistant Dean of Financial Aid Interview

Assistant Dean of Financial Aid
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Santa Clara University in August 2008.

Interview Details – I applied at HR and got a call to interview from the hiring manager. She initially interviewed me and then called me back for another interview with would be coworkers.

She called one week later to say I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

Media Services Interview

Media Services
Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Santa Clara University in September 2008.

Interview Details – The interviewing process is easy and relaxed. You do not need to worry about prior experience. Just show that you have a good personality and they give all the training necessary.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There is little negotiating possible. The wages are fixed and increase by about $.50 a year.

Peer Advisor Interview

Peer Advisor
Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Santa Clara University in April 2009.

Interview Details – I initially applied by sending in my resume to the business school. After a week they invited me in for a group interview, where I interviewed with five other people. It was mostly behavior. A few questions were asked, and each person was asked an individual question. A week later, I received an invitation to be a peer advisor.

Interview Question – What would you do to maintain contact with your students?   Answer Question

Worked for Santa Clara University? Contribute to the Community!