Santa Clara University

2.9

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Interim Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Santa Clara University in March 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter from R&D Technical for an program support. The recruiter submitted my resume to the program and they requested an interview. I met on campus with two program directors and an assistant dean for the programs, and provided previous work samples, resumes, references, and a touch of levity..

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle the many competing events and production deadlines of the program's initiatives, and how do you handle adversity and emergency.   View Answer
    The contracted rate was firm, and I agreed to it. I needed the job so leverage was not an option.

Exam Proctor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Santa Clara University in September 2013.

The faculty support receives applications from more than 50 students, so please be patient if you do not get any response. I only expressed my interest and got interviewed in 2 weeks, then started working when exam came up.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if one of the students in the exam fainted?   Answer Question

Sales Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Santa Clara University in March 2013.

I came in for an interview at a time that was convenient for both my employer and myself. After a series of questions I was given two mock calls and was given a rough script in which I had to supplement the conversation. The object was to test my conversation skills

Tenure Track Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Santa Clara University in April 2012.

3 days of meeting with faculty, presented a mock lecture and a research powerpoint. Faculty were friendly, but not very concerned with the process, as if there were another preferred candidate. I thought the interview was fair, but a waste of everyone's time. the only exception to this feeling is that I learned valuable interview skills.

Interview Questions
    • How would you balance teaching and research?   View Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Santa Clara University in February 2011.

Phone interview with person who would be direct supervisor, and then set up personal interview. I first met with HR representative, who told me all about all the benefits, days off, etc. This struck me as a bit premature and a waste of time, because if I didn't get offered the job, why dangle all the bennies in front of me? Because they pay below market, and that's how they try to lure you in, that's why. It was followed up by a panel interview, with one person after another firing off questions.

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Santa Clara University in July 2010.

The actual process of receiving an offer took a lot longer than I anticipated. Once I received an offer, I already had another offer in hand and had accepted. If it hadn't taken as long, I probably would have accepted this offer.

Peer Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Santa Clara University in April 2009.

I initially applied by sending in my resume to the business school. After a week they invited me in for a group interview, where I interviewed with five other people. It was mostly behavior. A few questions were asked, and each person was asked an individual question. A week later, I received an invitation to be a peer advisor.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do to maintain contact with your students?   Answer Question

Media Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Santa Clara University in September 2008.

The interviewing process is easy and relaxed. You do not need to worry about prior experience. Just show that you have a good personality and they give all the training necessary.

Interview Questions
    There is little negotiating possible. The wages are fixed and increase by about $.50 a year.

Assistant Dean of Financial Aid Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Santa Clara University in August 2008.

I applied at HR and got a call to interview from the hiring manager. She initially interviewed me and then called me back for another interview with would be coworkers.

She called one week later to say I did not get the job.