Santa Clara Valley Water Interview Questions

Updated Nov 18, 2014

2.5

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Santa Clara Valley Water in August 2014.

Interview

I was first interviewed by a panel of 2 men and a lady. After, the interview I had to write a short essay to a question. In the interview they asked the typical questions, "Tell me about yourself... What are you doing to conserve water...your strengths & witnesses...

Interview Questions

• I personally do not believe it was difficult because I really prepared myself by practicing with the most ask questions and reviewing my notes on essay writing. So, if you are well prepared, you'll be fine.   Answer Question

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Santa Clara Valley Water (San Jose, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

HEALTHY, HAPPY, VIBRANT PEOPLE NEED NOT APPLY. Although the interview was pretty straightforward - about clarifying work experienced tailored to the job - the interview vibe was very strange. Don't smile. Don't be at peace. Don't act friendly. Act like a drone. They did not like the fact that I am a happy, pleasant person. The final handshake was less than a wet noodle. It was more like flour!

Interview Questions

• None. Just be prepared to talk about how your past experience relates to the job description. No trick questions.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Santa Clara Valley Water.

Interview

I got contacted by a recruiter about the position. It was basically a lot of data entry and making a lot of "how-to" videos.

Interview Questions

• Very straightforward. They had a list of questions asking about skills.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Santa Clara Valley Water (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

I received an email from them for a panel/group interview. There were 3 interviewers. The interview was 20 minutes long. They had a list of common interview questions and basically went down the list and told me that I would have at most 20 minutes to answer their questions. I didn't like the format. I felt rush and uncomfortable. I didn't know how many questions were there and it was hard to time myself right without knowing how many questions would be asked.

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Santa Clara Valley Water (San Jose, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

Resume submission, first-cut resume review, board interview w/practical test (explain engineering drawing), several subsequent phone conversations (for job details and scheduling), proof of qualifications, negotiation, physical, then employment (with 6-month probation).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiated for higher step in pre-set salary schedule.

Electrical Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Santa Clara Valley Water.

Interview

Panel interview with unit manager, and two other engineers. The Interviewers were very courteous and gave me a good amount of time to answer any questions they had. It was a standard personality interview asking about my future goals, and other team related questions.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Santa Clara Valley Water in January 2012.

Interview

Panel interview with 3 people. People were nice and friendly. Make sure you express lot of interest in the water industry. Ask a lot of questions at the end. The interview is very informal and laid back. Seems like a nice place to work. I assume that most of the workers are out in the field since the whole office was empty.

Interview Questions

• Are you looking for an office type job or hands on job?   Answer Question