Santa Cruz Biotechnology

Updated Dec 10, 2014

1.3

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Research Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Santa Cruz Biotechnology in February 2010.

Phone call from the hiring manager. Interviewed 1 on 1. followed after a week with a phone call from the upper management. the process took 2 weeks. I got the offer and accepted it.

Other Interview Reviews for Santa Cruz Biotechnology

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paso Robles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paso Robles, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Santa Cruz Biotechnology in May 2008.

Interview was a piece of cake. I was interviewed by 4 different people (2 HR personals and 2 supervisors). All they asked was what was your favorite class, what I did at my past jobs, am I willing to work long hours, what qualities can you bring to the company. No scientific questions. Even they were stumped when you ask them questions about scientific questions. My buddy asked about a mass spectrometer questions on how they can tell if large/small proteins can get separated. They gave him a blank stare and diverted the question saying it wasn't their department, even though the supervisors have master's, they do not have a clue about anything scientific. No tests are given.

Interview Questions
    • None. They were all easy. Trust me, if your breathing, have working limbs, then your hired. DO NOT TELL THEM THAT YOU ARE GOING TO GRAD SCHOOL OR JUST STAYING FOR A YEAR OR LESS. THEY WILL NOT CONSIDER YOU.   Answer Question
    Negotiated with poor pay.

Research Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Santa Cruz Biotechnology.

They called me and scheduled an interview right after they got my resume. I was interviewed by 5 different people: 4 department leaders and the general manager.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too unexpected, they just ask what your interests are, what you've done, and if you're willing to do the same stuff over   Answer Question