Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Santa Cruz Biotechnology
- Research Assistant (9)
- Lab Assistant (4)
- Research Associate (3)
- Chemical Product Specialist (3)
- CISPR Researcher (1)
- Customer Service Representative (1)
- Technical Designer (1)
- Technical Service Representative (1)
- Sales (1)
- Specialist (1)
- Web Specialist (1)
- Associate (1)
Research Associate Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Santa Cruz Biotechnology in February 2010.
Phone call from the hiring manager. Interviewed 1 on 1. followed after a week with a phone call from the upper management. the process took 2 weeks. I got the offer and accepted it.
- Nothing major. Almost are all behavioral questions. Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for Santa Cruz Biotechnology
Research Associate InterviewAccepted OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took a week – interviewed at Santa Cruz Biotechnology (Paso Robles, CA) in May 2008.
Interview was a piece of cake. I was interviewed by 4 different people (2 HR personals and 2 supervisors). All they asked was what was your favorite class, what I did at my past jobs, am I willing to work long hours, what qualities can you bring to the company. No scientific questions. Even they were stumped when you ask them questions about scientific questions. My buddy asked about a mass spectrometer questions on how they can tell if large/small proteins can get separated. They gave him a blank stare and diverted the question saying it wasn't their department, even though the supervisors have master's, they do not have a clue about anything scientific. No tests are given.
- None. They were all easy. Trust me, if your breathing, have working limbs, then your hired. DO NOT TELL THEM THAT YOU ARE GOING TO GRAD SCHOOL OR JUST STAYING FOR A YEAR OR LESS. THEY WILL NOT CONSIDER YOU. Answer Question
Negotiated with poor pay.
Research Associate InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks – interviewed at Santa Cruz Biotechnology.
They called me and scheduled an interview right after they got my resume. I was interviewed by 5 different people: 4 department leaders and the general manager.
- Nothing too unexpected, they just ask what your interests are, what you've done, and if you're willing to do the same stuff over Answer Question