Santee Cooper

1 candidate interview
Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Engineer Interview

Associate Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Santee Cooper in April 2010.

Interview Details – I was initially introduced to SC at a Clemson University job fair and was offered an interview from there some weeks later. There was no phone interview, but rather an onsite. Interview was very technical pertaining to power plant equipment and past experiences. Unofficial offer was made immediately after the interview with salary negotiated at that time. Outline of all benefits, medical, dental, moving package etc was also done at that time.

Interview Question – All the technical questions were very straightforward and were aimed at determining depth of knowledge. No mind tricks or anything so technical only an equipment designer would know. Probably one of the best interviews I've been on. They did ask me " tell me what's not on your resume" which caught me off guard.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Pay is very strictly banded so I was offered around 80% of midpoint and negotiated another 10%. This is very dependent on the person doing the interviewing. Some of the hiring managers won't budge on pay and leave it at around 80%.

Worked for Santee Cooper? Contribute to the Community!