Sapient

Average Difficulty
16 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Arlington, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Sapient in October 2013.

Interview Details – I went through two interviews, one on campus and another at their company building.
The on-campus interview was very short and more oriented towards getting to know you and your background. A month later I was contacted to attend their on-site interview at Super Saturday, which is a day-long interview that consists of meeting people in the company, a group simulation exercise, and an individual coding interview.

Interview Question – The group exercise was more difficult than expected because they asked that we take an hour to plan a solution to a case study and present it to a panel. They judged very harshly, as an actual client would. This part really tests you on your teamwork skills and your communication skills.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Program Management Interview

Senior Associate Program Management
Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Sapient in February 2014.

Interview Details – This process started with a recruiter who matched my skill set with an opening at Sapient. First was a phone screen with the recruiter, then a phone screen with senior management Sapient. Followed by an intensive in-person interview. I was aware of Sapient's good reputation and was excited to begin the hiring and interview process.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question was during the client role playing exercise when the two "customers" inquired about unconventional IT systems and how they fit into the business plan.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Arlington, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sapient.

Interview Details – A friend referred me. There was a phone screening first. They where basic questions a developer should know. After that they invited me in for 3 interviews. On the first one I was asked about my resume very thoroughly. The second was a case interview where they gave you a problem and you had 1 hour to write your logic on whiteboard. Then someone came back in the room and asked you to go over it. The last one was more informal, and used to see if you would be a good culture fit.

Interview Question – The case interview was very detailed and I didnt have time to finish it.   Answer Question

Arlington, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sapient in April 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through university recruiting. Was contacted by HR for a phone screening, just to see that you're a normal person. I was then set up with a technical interview who was a Senior Associate Technology. Talked about my resume, a few behavioral questions, only lasted 45 minutes.

I was then invited to a "Super Saturday" -- you would come in on a Saturday to meet with Sapient employees ranging from all positions. This has to be my favorite interview just because the environment was great, everyone was really nice, they seemed to really care about who they hire. There was a 4:1 ratio between employees and interviewees so there was a lot of attention directed towards the interviewees. There was a short presentation, which I thought was fairly humorous. A group presentation/interview where you're given a case study and you have to work in a team to come up with a solution. Then there is informal Q/A which consisted of your team and a few employees: ask questions, don't be afraid. Then I had an "Attributes Interview" which is really just a behavioral interview. I loved my interviewer, she seemed genuinely interested in my experiences. Then there was lunch where you pretty much sit wherever you want. Then an individual technical interview. Similar to the group, but you have to work on coding/designing an application fit for the situation/case study. Then there was a tour of the building/surrounding areas. Lastly, there was a closing ceremony where Sapient asks for feedback. Everything was great. Technical interview was a little intimidating, but that's because I'm not the best programmer out there.

Overall, it was a great experience. I learned a lot about the company and really enjoyed meeting the team. When you're interviewing, you get a sense of how the company is, how the people who work there are and whether or not you'd fit in.

Interview Question – Individual Technical Interview   Answer Question

Arlington, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Sapient in October 2012.

Interview Details – college recruiting and one-on-one on-campus interview, followed by an invitation to a full one-day interview at the Arlington office. all 30ish college recruits passing the on-campus interview are invited to "Super Saturday", which includes social activities with current employees where they continuously judge your interactions and communications skills. personality is a big importance to getting an offer. Super Saturday also includes an individual case study and a group case study/presentation. intensely long and arduous procedure, but it also gave me a very in-depth taste of the company and its people.

Interview Question – the group case study was the hardest part of the interview. but they expect you to fail. the bigger idea is for the company to see how to interact with a team and answer client questions. my group of four was given an hour to read a case study and plan its design process, and then we were grilled for half an hour by a mock client on its supposed layout and flaws.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was asked for negotiating, but did not negotiate.

Software Consultant Interview

Software Consultant
Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sapient in January 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was with an initial phone screen and was asked to go for a face to face interview.
A case study was presented which was 4 pages. An hour is given to read the case study and come up with the design and write it on a white board. Abilities to write sql queries, coding is also asked. If the interview is for senior lead position, then the case study will have question like you are given 1 junior developer and 2 senior developers, how will you allocate the task, describe your project plan.

I had only 1 interviewer come and ask me questions on my approach and why I had that approach.

The case study is not difficult, it is lengthy.

Interview Question – There was no difficult question.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – First when I got the interview the location was to my driving distance, then they told me that the location was changed.

Associate Consultant Interview

Associate Consultant
Arlington, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Sapient.

Interview Details – There was a intro on campus interview that was brief and painless with no substantive questions followed by an invitation to an onsite interview day. It occurred on a Saturday and had 2 rounds: Group and Individual exercises.

Interview Question – Write pseudo-code for a method and then create a full database schema for the proposed senario.   View Answer

Associate Technology L1 Interview

Associate Technology L1
Arlington, VA

Interview Details – I was put in through the referral system. I got a phone call and e-mail from a recruiter within a day. I was screened intitally via the recruiter - and then a scheduled phone interview happened next. Once I got the "ok" from the phone interview - I was scheduled within a day to come in to the office for another interview. This interview consisted of three parts - each an hour long. The first part was the basic "getting to know you" section - where you can brag about yourself. They see how you would fit in with their teams and the company's culture. The second part is a case study that you read alone and prepare for a presentation by using the whiteboards. The third part is presenting your case study and having a discussion about it. Within a few days I heard back that the interview went great - and we were just waiting to hear from the client Sapient wanted me to work with. They had to officially approve me. Once this was complete - an official offer came in. I had a few days to sign and return my offer letter - which was all digital. I started two weeks later.

Interview Question – You get an hour to prepare for a case study - and delivering your ideas on a white board. After the hour is up - you present your case to a manager. The case study was not "difficult" but rather lengthy. I did not have enough time to finish everything I would have liked to. Be prepared to get your most valid points out before diving into the details - and read the entire case study before starting. Some important information lies at the end of the case study document.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I negotiated a signing bonus.

Manager, Business Consulting Interview

Manager, Business Consulting
Arlington, VA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sapient in August 2012.

Interview Details – Saw a post on a job board for a Manager, Business Consulting position. Went to the company website and applied directly which took 5 minutes. A few hours later received an email from HR and set up a phone screen. The phone screen was pretty basic (why are you interested in Sapient, what are you looking for in your next position, why leave your current position, salary requirements).

After a successful talk with HR, had a one hour phone interview with a Manager and Senior Associate the following day. The interview started with a few behavioral questions ("Tell me about a time when you..."), then moved into a case. I was surprised to be doing a case as I wasn't told that it would be part of the phone interview. The case was really painless...it was more like an ideation session (i.e. "What could be the cause of 'x' business not doing well?") than a typical consulting case. After completing the case, I was asked to summarize my thoughts in a one page slide and send it to the interviewers (something else that caught me off guard). The next business day I received a call and was scheduled for an interview in their office later in the week.

The first in-person interview was an hour long fit interview. It was pretty painless...less "Tell me about a time when..." and more questioning along the lines of getting to know my work style and who I was as a person. I was given plenty of time to ask questions. It was actually refreshing. Next, they placed me in a room with white boards for walls and gave me an hour to go over a case and prepare for a presentation to the "client". I felt like the hour was enough time to address the guiding questions they give you. The interviewer walked in and immediately began playing the character of the client. I had done this type of interview before, but this experience was the least positive. At times I felt like I was being attacked as I was constantly interrupted and asked to explain every single word I said. I have been consulting for years and have never had a client (even the most difficult ones) act anywhere near as hostile as the interviewer. I was also asked several questions about things that did not appear in the case...perhaps a check to see how I acted under pressure. The interviewer gave immediate feedback, asked a couple questions, then gave me time to ask questions.

The next day I was told that I would be receiving an offer...not at the Manager level, but at the Senior Associate level.

Interview Question – During the case presentation, I was asked how much it would cost to implement the solution. There was no information in the case that addressed this and I felt like the interviewer was trying to lead me down a treacherous path if I had attempted to come up with a number...be prepared for the unexpected.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Offer was very low considering my education and prior work experience. I attempted to negotiate but the offer they came back with was BARELY better than the original. Also, Sapient prides itself on being feedback-oriented. That is great, but when you are constantly telling a perspective employee all the things that they can't do and nit-picking on what they may have messed up on during the interview in order to justify your low offer, it can really rub someone the wrong way!

Junior Information Architect Interview

Junior Information Architect
Arlington, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Sapient in November 2011.

Interview Details – I was first contacted by Sapient through my school's Career online service. I was given an 1:1 interview at first. Eventually I was called to interview with them at their location. Everything went great. They focus mainly on your social skills than technical. Honestly I thought I would get the job but did not since I had not been the most "outstanding" in the group interview according to the feedback.

Interview Question – Describe a situation in which you had to overcome conflict.   Answer Question

Worked for Sapient? Contribute to the Community!