Sapient Interview Questions in Bangalore, India

3.5

43 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Associate Technology Level II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online - interviewed at Sapient.

5 rounds were conducted. First round was to take up an online test from HackerRank.com to write a java program for problem statements. Next round was a webex, a problem statement was shared for which object model, a complete coding for a module and a future enhancement CR with its implementation steps. Next round was a skype interview with a technical architect involving deep technical questions. Forth round was a managerial round over phone. Questions were assessing the depth of managerial skills and team handling. finally HR round to assess intent of joining and other general HR questions. I liked the webex second round the most, since it exactly portrayed what I was doing in projects, to design and implement. The first round of HackerRank programs was good challenging.

Interview Questions
    • I liked one question as follows: In a SOAP based web service, the service operation is never mentioned as part of SOAP request. How does the web service engine know to hit the right operation? I didnt know the answer until I researched to find out.   View Answer
    I inquired about joining bonus which they came forward and offered.

Manager Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Sapient in July 2014.

Got a direct call from the HR, followed by a call from panel to access my skills. They arranged for a weekend interview for which they arranged cab as well. At the Sapient Office, Bangalore, there was a written test in which it was asked to draw the architecture of a given requirement. After which there was another technical round and followed by a managerial round. Manager Technology post is an architect level post so be prepared on the same. Note to mention that I had a long wait for a technical and managerial rounds after the written test.

Interview Questions
    Not much on negotiation since my current package was less and they gave a good hike on the same.

Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Sapient in December 2013.

it was good. they asked questions about all the areas in a short period of time.

Associate Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Sapient in October 2013.

1.Written Test by AMCAT. 4 rounds. English, Quant, Logical and Coding. Coding section had questions on C++, C, Data Structures, Time and Space Complexity.

2. Technical Interview : Asked about projects. I was from non-CS background so was asked to write a program in C. Then he asked me to explain few concepts of OOPS since I told him i only knew the concepts and not the syntax. Next up, Puzzles. Pretty easy and common ones. Related to probablity, making 1 solid cube from smaller cubes, find the missing number

3. Attributes Interview : A new concept. The company doesnt have a HR round. Infact they dont have a concept of HR. This round is a stress interview round. Your temperament and composure will be tested. Also your communication skills. Be cool, smart and honest.

Interview Questions
    • You have 54 cubes. If you cant make a single solid cube, whats the minimum number of cubes you will take out.   View Answers (2)
    There wasnt any.

Senior Associate Technology Level II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sapient in October 2013.

1. Telephonic round on data structures and design
    2. Written assignment to test design skills
    3. F2F interview touches on data structures, design patterns, algorithms, theading..
    4. F2F with senior manager testing requirement gathering (lift design), multi threading problems...
    5. Internal: Once you get though client round (DB, Threading...)

Interview Questions
    As per formula - 30-40% can't go beyond.

Associate Technology L1 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Sapient in September 2013.

1st Round: Online Test (Quant, Programming, Vocab, Logical Reasoning)

2nd Round: Telephonic (Technical Questions. Data Structures, Data Base and Algos)

3rd Round: f2f (Puzzles, Logical Reasoning)

4th round: f2f (Programming abilities, Write Test Cases for a few screen grabs, Data Structures, DBMS and Oops concepts)

5th round: f2f (HR round)

Interview Questions
    • Write Test cases for screen Grabs and the puzzles were hard.   Answer Question

Associate Technology L2 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Sapient.

One and a half hour of technical written test. Very specific to domain knowledge. After that more than hour of technical interview related to domain technical question. Then HR round.

Associate Technology L2 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sapient.

1. Online Written test
    2. Technical Round
    3. HR

Senior Associate QA L1 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sapient in April 2013.

I got a call for manual qa position. They were looking for 0.5-1yr experienced candidates.
    Interview was as follows:

1. Techinical online objective - will be mixture of basic programming, manual qa questions & SQL programs. Difficulty of questions you get will depend on your luck.
    2. Technical written - 6 screen grabs were given. I had to write test cases. I could write for 4.
    3. Technical f2f - was through Skype. Two interviewers were firing questions. Manual qa and sql questions. Were quite friendly.
    4. Hr attribute round - asked about college project, difficult situations experienced and handled, how would i approach solution for unknown/not clear problem statements etc.
    5. Salary negotiation - hikes based on your current salary. If you have proved your worth at the interview, ask for a good hike! Sapient pays you well, if they think you are a game changer!

Interview Questions
    • I bragged about my college project work and they asked - why didn't you take patent for the work.   View Answer
    I had just 6 months of experience, so couldn't negotiate. But i was offered way more than what i expected.

Senior Associate L2 Technology (CMS Division) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Sapient in March 2013.

The interview has quite a few stages but the speed at which they execute it is really commendable (I was interviewed remotely in a different timezone and even then response was great)

Starts with a brief HR round, which is followed by a online test which tests your knowledge of Java and J2EE.

This is followed by a domain specific problem in which you have to model the solution - you are supposed to build data model, server architecture and application architecture.

Next step was a technical interview on Java, Spring, Hibernate etc. which was quite detailed and the interviewer was friendly.

This was followed by two senior folks judging you on people skills and how you handle difficult team situations etc. The interviewers indicated long working hours indirectly in interview itself - by something like we have a tight deadline and we need to deliver something and you don't have all resources, which is a typical situation etc etc.

Lastly HR spoke about offer etc and offer was released

Interview Questions
    • Questions around hibernate caching which I was not well aware of. The exercise to model a CMS system was quite challenging in terms of time - if you have not done such an exercise before.   Answer Question

I had better offer in field of my interest

Worked for Sapient? Contribute to the Community!