Sapient

3.5

45 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Associate QA L1 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sapient in April 2013.

I got a call for manual qa position. They were looking for 0.5-1yr experienced candidates.
    Interview was as follows:

1. Techinical online objective - will be mixture of basic programming, manual qa questions & SQL programs. Difficulty of questions you get will depend on your luck.
    2. Technical written - 6 screen grabs were given. I had to write test cases. I could write for 4.
    3. Technical f2f - was through Skype. Two interviewers were firing questions. Manual qa and sql questions. Were quite friendly.
    4. Hr attribute round - asked about college project, difficult situations experienced and handled, how would i approach solution for unknown/not clear problem statements etc.
    5. Salary negotiation - hikes based on your current salary. If you have proved your worth at the interview, ask for a good hike! Sapient pays you well, if they think you are a game changer!

Interview Questions
    • I bragged about my college project work and they asked - why didn't you take patent for the work.   View Answer
    I had just 6 months of experience, so couldn't negotiate. But i was offered way more than what i expected.

Senior Associate L2 Technology (CMS Division) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sapient in March 2013.

The interview has quite a few stages but the speed at which they execute it is really commendable (I was interviewed remotely in a different timezone and even then response was great)

Starts with a brief HR round, which is followed by a online test which tests your knowledge of Java and J2EE.

This is followed by a domain specific problem in which you have to model the solution - you are supposed to build data model, server architecture and application architecture.

Next step was a technical interview on Java, Spring, Hibernate etc. which was quite detailed and the interviewer was friendly.

This was followed by two senior folks judging you on people skills and how you handle difficult team situations etc. The interviewers indicated long working hours indirectly in interview itself - by something like we have a tight deadline and we need to deliver something and you don't have all resources, which is a typical situation etc etc.

Lastly HR spoke about offer etc and offer was released

Interview Questions
    • Questions around hibernate caching which I was not well aware of. The exercise to model a CMS system was quite challenging in terms of time - if you have not done such an exercise before.   Answer Question

I had better offer in field of my interest

Associate Infrastructure L2 Interview

Fast. Over within a day.

1 - technical over skype
    2 - managerial over phone
    3 - final hr discussion over phone

Interview Questions
    • All questions related to technologies I had worked on.   Answer Question
    Good, got what I was looking for.

Manager, Technology (Java Architect) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Sapient in September 2012.

1) I was approached through mail, followed up by scheduling team, set for 1:1 discussion.
    2) Reached sapient bangalore office, though invitation mail mentioned about some written test, I was directly given scenario based problem. It consist of a detailed problem statement and I was given 1.5 hr to organize my thoughts and notes.
    3) Then 1:1 round was based on the problem. Think about any typical website development life cycle and discussion touched every technical part of it. Though no particular technical topic was asked in detail, you should be clear about each and every step.

My view on interviewer: Well planned on what to ask and cross check, droved through each section. Though personally i felt that he might be a senior manager rather then an architect.

I enjoyed, it was like a long peer discussion and performed in a friendly environment. Other then 1 question where i couldn't get the interviewer, I don't think I paused anywhere.

This was end of the good journey and further I would narrate the way it happened.

1) Firstly I was asked to stay and attend the next round on same day, I was there for another 1 hr waiting for next round. Then was told that 'Panel is not available and HR will follow up'. Little weird as I was even offered lunch in between.

2) Then I actually got follow up call and was set for another round on same day. But 30 min's before call, call was cancelled citing the same reason. Still it was fine as proactive call was done at every step, though it had wasted my half day.

3) Next day I waited for the call but call never came. I tried reaching them and wrote a mail.
    Next thing, I got a surprise of my life, from so called professional team of sapient - 'Interviewer is reconsidered his opinion and now they have decided not to call me'. :)).

After couple of follow up mails from me, I was communicated with the interviewer's feedback. Nice gesture, but none of the HR / follow up team said a single sorry for their goof up.

My Conclusion: I don't buy the reason that any interviewer will reconsider his decision in that fashion. May be position was not finalized and they were waiting for same. At the same same wanted me to be interested.

Salary: Based on my first discussion I can say that they pay above average. I was more or less at the same level and was already clarified in the beginning itself.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing - If you have been through complete web project life cycle.   Answer Question

Module Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sapient.

There were 4 rounds... Beginning with a Skills test covering questions on Java, J2EE, Data base etc. This round is really tricky and time based. The next round was "Design round". You have to architecture a solution for the given problem definition. The next stage is a face to face interview. Clearing these rounds will take you to a Senior manager who will assess your candidature further.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions on J2EE are really tough in the Skills test round.   Answer Question

Specialist Platform Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sapient.

The process was very mature and well organized
    1. Recruiter was well organized and imely in terms of mails, alerts, calls
    2. Sapient paid my two way flight, cab pickup and drop (airport to Sapient office)
    3. Interview was well planned and no delays
    4. The Senior specialist who took my first round gave a complex situation and couple of hours to use whiteboarding and design high level solution
    5. Lunch was offered
    6. Coffee and other beverages were offered and candidate was taken care well
    7. NExt rounds were telephonic and the interviewers were polite and focussed on the task
    8. The last one (before HR round) was the behavioural round which was over video conference. Again everything went as planned and on time.
    9. HR round negotiation was good and I asked for joining bonus and the recruiter candidly took it up to the management and got it worked in my favour.

Overall excellent interview process.

Interview Questions
    • The technical solutioning round. The senior specialist was very good in foundations and went in details on component design etc. The discussion was balanced and tricky also.   Answer Question
    I negotiated for a joining bonus. After few days, the company accepted on condition of atleast 1 year employment otherwise I will have to repay

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Sapient in May 2012.

Two round of telephonic interviews after the intial connect -30min - 1 hr
    one round of interview based on scenarios which i really liked - 2-3 hrs
    followed by another round of face-to-face interview -1-2 hrs
    the recruit team follows up via email on outcome

Interview Questions
    • how agile will fit into a service oriented organisation   View Answer

i got another offer with a different organisation as agile coach

Associate QA L2 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sapient in May 2012.

There were 5 rounds in total.
    1. Online QALevel Test,50 Question 2 Hrs(Easy)
    2. Written (Test Case Writing for 6 questions based on web site screenshot given)
    3. Telephonic Interview( General Testing Questions as well as SQL questions)
    4. Skype Interview ( With PM)
    5. Attribute Test
    6.HR round.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly based SQL and Manual Testing questions.. Be clear in SQL basics.   View Answer
    they actually accept if you negotiate well.

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

The process took a dayinterviewed at Sapient in February 2012.

whole day they contacted the interview.Interview process is good they arranged for cab,food,snacks.But HR process is very slow and finally they said due to the business we are able to offer sorry!!!

Manager Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sapient in January 2012.

Got a call from recruiter for "Manager Technical" Position. She was nice and scheduled a phone screen next day.

Phone screen happened on time and I cleared that, Interviewer was interested to see whether I know all the technologies I mentioned in the profile or not. In between, he asked few logical and technical questions as well related to the project and his requirement.

Direct Interview was scheduled a week later and they took care all my travel. As there is a delay in flight, I reached there office 30 minutes late within that time I got 3-4 calls from HR and she was restless. Once I reached there, she was not even interested to check whether I had any breakfast or not, She just gave the case study papers and asked me to prepare the design in 1 hr. After that, I haven't seen her at all. After an 1 hour, a gentleman came and asked whether I completed or not. I asked for another 30 minutes and completed it before he came next time. This person was little helpful because he seems to be interested in me. We discussed quite a bit about my design, He identified flaws as I put more calls in synchronous mode where as he wanted a lot of asynchronous calls. He explained me the need for async call which was convincing. We had quite a good discussion, I learned a little from that guy. Anyhow, final conclusion was I got rejected because I doesn't have that much exposure off the shelf e-commerce products and most of tools I know were open source based and they are looking for few specific servers and how to workaround with them.

So, if anyone is looking for a opening in sapient nitro be prepared with some off the shelf e-commerce products because most of their work revolves around them.

Interview Questions
    • 1. Need for Async calls
      2. How would you integrate your product with existing Identity Management Systems
      3. What are the various Content Management systems you worked on