Sapient Global Markets

Updated Oct 14, 2014
Updated Oct 14, 2014

3.1

Senior Associate, Business Consulting Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sapient Global Markets in October 2014.

Was refereed by one of my friends for a Business Analyst position. First they asked me to come the very next day of initial call for f2f as some one didn't turn up for the interview and the slot was free!!. I was like WHAT..they were even ready to bypass the phone screen !!.. I told no and will need time to prepare. The initial process went OK.. except for last minute changes on the interview times, as the interviewers had other meetings to 'attend'. The phone interview went well. The person who interviewed me was from India (but in Houston) and was more on a technical front,even though the position was for a functional business analyst. I cleared the interview and was asked to come the for F2F- for 4 hours !! Initial one hour was a behavioral done by one of Sapient's director (again some one from India). It went very well. He was very knowledgeable and know how to do the behavioral round. Next I was given a case study and told that it will be a role play. After an hour I was surprised the see the same guy (who did my first phone screening) coming to assess my case. He didnt know that it was a role play. and it was embarrassment for both of us by our behavior. He again started on asking technical things and I told him I am not here for that, but was able to answer all of his questions.. He wanted a Dennis riche as a business analyst !!..phew.. I knew its not going good. Then the last round was done by a senior director (Non Indian lol) , very nice person to assess my background culture and interests. It went very well..

Interview Questions
    • This Offshore guy was asking me about how database table will talk each other, where I was there for the position of business consultant !!!..   Answer Question

Did not like the culture and people mindset

Director Program Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sapient Global Markets.

Basically you meet with a few people to see if you are a fit, then do a case study. The study is kind of open ended and can suck you in. You will not have enough time to complete it. If you do, you are not thinking about everything correctly.

Interview Questions
    • Case study came with 6 questions about risk, time, build a schedule, ect.   View Answer

Senior Interactive Developer Interview

The interview process was very well co-ordinated. The interview included a 1 hour tech interview along with 2 other interviews that were more of a personality check. I got to see the different floors of the company as well and got a mini-guided tour of the offices. All in all a very pleasant interview experience.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked about how I dealt with a difficult to work with peer in my past experiences.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

interviewed at Sapient Global Markets in March 2014.

one round of HR interview , one round of interview with director, program management. 4 hours interview in office, one case study for an hr and then 3 interviews with directors. one interview was to review the approach to the case study. Interviewers were professional and well-planned process. Prepare well for the functional/technical area where you claim to have most expertise.

Interview Questions
    • What value you can bring in Sapient, how do you plan to improve Sapient process.   Answer Question

Associate Technology Interview

I applied online and got an email from them in 2-3 days time. The first round was just knowing more about what i like and what not. Second round was more HR and technical interview. Then they called me for face to face interview at Houston.

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sapient Global Markets.

Interview consisted of two rounds--first round was a brief, 30-minute on-campus interview consisting of basic questions about my interest in the company, my background, etc. After being accepted to the second round, there was also a psychometric test administered online. The second round was held on a Saturday and lasted for four hours. It began with a brief presentation, followed by three 45-minute rounds, consisting of an in-depth behavioral interview, a 45-minute written case (to be presented on a whiteboard), and a 45-minute presentation of your solution. (Note that the order varies, though the case obviously comes before the presentation.) The last portion was a group exercise solving a non-business problem in front of a panel of directors and managers.

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sapient Global Markets in October 2013.

First Round is mostly behavioral, nothing too complicated

Second Round is in Sapient's office by Boston Back Bay, from 8am-11:30. Total 3 interviews. You are being left in the room and given 45 min to study a case and prepare a presentation, very IT based case. Then you will be evaluated by a senior staff right afterward for another 45 minutes. 2nd interview is with HR, so pretty much the basic stuff. Third interview is a group interview. You and 5 other candidates are given a case together, and you guys need to figure out the answer. It's more of logic game than case. They just want to see how you think and how you behave with others.

Interview Questions
    • How do you think Priceline and Kayak's order management system works?   View Answer

Senior Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sapient Global Markets.

Communication from the internal recruiter was excellent. I was not prepared for the case study interview, but took notes, drew up a project plan and presented well to the interviewer, who role-played as an executive from a target firm. I was very impressed by him and the person who conducted the values interview, less so by the office manager. My experience with the two interviewers and recruiter convinced me that Sapient was an excellent career opportunity. A behavioral test with about 35 questions that each present a choice between two activities is also administered.

Interview Questions
    • "How much do you expect this project to cost and how long will it take?"   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate into a higher job title, but this can be a mixed blessing, since the higher your title, the less likely it is that you will be staffed on a project.

Manager, Business Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sapient Global Markets.

Contacted by HR recruiter for phone screen; additional 1-hour phone screen by hiring director, then 4-hour interview with 4 very personable gentlemen in main office. 1:1's were pleasant experience

Interview Questions
    • 30-minutes only to resolve a white-board "problem" about a complex, bundled business transaction.   View Answer
    Negotiated additional salary, vacation time

Senior Associate L2 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sapient Global Markets.

you will meet with various members of the leadership..this will be the only time you see them. Each one will come in during the 60 minutes you have with them to go through your resume, experiences, and then tell you about the project. All of it really doesn't matter because they don't care about your experience once you are hired in. the best thing to do is ask them if you can get a list of former employees of the company and interview them...ask for the ones that left the office that you will be working out of. please do this or you will seriously be blinded by the salary and the alure of a consulting title and consulting life

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you faced a difficult situation and how you had to deal with it   Answer Question
    Yes, you can negotiate the signing bonus, the terms of leaving, the base pay, title, vacation