Sapient

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Sapient

Interview Details – There were 3 rounds. Machine Test, Skype Interview, HR Round.
1. Machine Test - Was given a snapshot of a webpage and was asked to develop it. The page had AJAX, carousels, table sorters, etc. Was quite easy, given the fact that usage of any JS library/plugins were allowed.
2. Skype Interview - was 1:1 interview for an hour. Questions were basic and easy. Topics covered were HTML,CSS, JS, jQuery, AJAX, JSON, etc.
3.HR Round - basic scenario questions.

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Sapient in April 2012.

Interview Details – Staffing Agency contacted me through emails and as soon as I replied to email, I was contacted by one of their representative on phone. After going through the details provided by him about the company and the work profile and interview process, he emailed me a skill test which I had to complete within a specified duration. After submitting, he contacted me and congratulated saying that I am eligible for face to face round. It took him long time to fix F2F interview. Then, after several days of scheduling the interview, I gave interview for 1.5 hrs and was asked to wait for the call for offer letter.

Interview Questions

• Describe 10 different things which you take care of with HTML while creating a website.   View Answer
  • Describe 10 different things which you take care of with javascript / jQuery while creating a website.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I was not aware that it was on contractual basis. I would be working on the payroll for the staffing agency and not the Sapient company.

Munich (Germany)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Sapient in May 2010.

Interview Details – I was highly offended and horrified by the hiring process of this company. They made an appointment for an interview via email and forgot to call me. Then after rescheduling and the first screening, they sounded very interested, and told me they send me over an appointment for a technical screening. That never happened. After I called them 3 times, and got further mails that they will re-schedule.

Then weeks later, I finally got a call where the HR female representative told me they were looking for a senior Interactive Dev. I asked myself why they called me then in the first place and told her, that I am very senior with my 10 years of working experience in Web Development. The german woman then went first stuttering and then became unfriendly and nearly hang up on me. Unbelievable!

If you are looking for an employer that honors integrity, reliability and professionalism I suggest you avoid this employer like avoiding global variables in JavaScript. Worst experience I ever made during a hiring process.

Interview Question – All the BS questions out of the basic HR cookbook. Sounded like she read it off some Template.   Answer Question

Worked for Sapient? Contribute to the Community!