Sapient

Updated Nov 20, 2014
Updated Nov 20, 2014

3.4

Consultant Interview

I was invited to an all day interview event.... On a Saturday. There were a number of other candidates invited and we spent the day working in teams to create solutions to hypothetical problems. It went well and I was told I would hear back in a week from them. Weeks later no response. I sent emails to all the contacts I had and never received even a response. Terrible way to treat someone who spent 8 hours on a Saturday showing interest your company.

Senior Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sapient.

Reached out to the recruiter through Linkedin. A time was setup for a phone call. the recruiter never called and never replied to any followup emails. I guess their time is valuable and everybody else's isnt.

Interview Questions
    • I wonder if the person can speak as I never got to talk   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

This review is for Sapient Government Services.

After applying I was contacted enthusiastically by a recruiter for a phone interview. I gave the recruiter my availability but he called at a time I was unavailable. Then he took a while to get back to me to confirm a date and time. Still optimistic, I had to painstakingly reschedule my day to make the time work and when the time came for the interview, he didn't show up! I sent him an email to check his status and make sure we were still ok to meet (meetings can sometimes go overtime) but got an out of office notice and then didn't hear back the rest of the day. After finally being able to chase him down a week later to talk, he informed me that the funding for the position had been pulled and then proceeded to interview me for another position and then I never heard back from him. This time I didn't bother to follow up.

Job hunting is a pain for both sides (and I've been on both sides) but I have never met someone so unprofessional during any recruitment process! There are so many ways the recruiter could have handled the situation of a position being pulled. Scheduling a meeting with a prospective candidate and then not showing up and disappearing for a while after wasn't the best way to do it. Needless to say, I wasn't interested in the organization after the experience.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unusual here. Just basic questions about work history.   Answer Question

QA Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sapient in September 2014.

This was a phone interview for a 6 months contract position as QA Manager for one of Sapient's clients. The interview lasted over an hour and the interviewer was asking very detailed technical questions and requesting specific examples.

Interview Questions
    • Give him an example of a sql code that includes joint tables and links.   View Answer

Senior Associate Technology Level I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sapient.

Wasn't too hard. Met with a few people and the "interview" part that tested html & javascript was to create a webpage from a static image. When I went for the interview I didn't lookup the company enough and one of the people interviewing me was slightly disappointed. After coming in and doing the face to face I ended up talking to Naresh who's the head of the software department.

Interview Questions
    • The hardest was to try to complete in the time given. Make sure you do the JS part. Talked to Naresh about AngularJS   Answer Question
    I don't remember. Probably could have asked for more.

Human Resources Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Sapient.

Well Organized,Open approach and in depth Hiring Process. Excellent resume shortlisting process. Very friendly and professional Recruiter. At every stage feedback was given and next steps were explain with expected timelines.

Interview Questions
    • No unaccepted questions. Behavioral interview approach to it was more on past experience.   Answer Question
    still in process

Manager, Program Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Sapient in July 2014.

Began with an initial phone conversation with the recruiter and review of benefits information. Then, a one hour phone interview was scheduled with one of the Managers in the Program Management practice. Following an internal review, a 3 hour interview was scheduled onsite in Arlington, VA. The first hour was dedicated to a one-on-one interview focused on previous experiences in project management. The second hour was preparing a case study and the final hour was presenting out the case study on whiteboard walls.

Interview Questions
    • There was not enough information and/or time provided to complete the case study in its entirety. Additionally, tasks beyond a PM's job requisites were tested in the case study that would otherwise be completed by someone else on the team. There were long delays between each of the interviews to receive feedback/next steps from the recruiter.   Answer Question

Offered a salary well below current pay and a job title held over a year and a half ago at my current firm. They are looking for and only willing to pay for recent college grads, not experienced hires.

Business Analyst Interview

interviewed at Sapient in July 2014.

I had an initial screening with the recruiter and then set up a phone interview with Sapient. I then went in for a 3 hour interview at their Arlington office. They asked basic questions about my resume and then gave me a case study. I had an hour to come with a solution and then I had to present to the "clients."

Interview Questions
    • The questions regarding the case study because there is not enough time.   Answer Question

Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sapient in July 2014.

Applied via website and was contacted by hr within two days. Had a phone interview followed by hiring manager phone interview; final step was talking with 4 other team members. I received a competing offer and HR put together counter offer in 3 hours.

Interview Questions
    Counter offer situation so I proposed acceptable parameters and they met + exceeded them

Ops Interview

Phone interview and live meetings with recruiter and hiring manager and colleagues. Great interaction with teams. I really Enjoyed the experience even though I didn't get the job. Will keep trying.