Sapient Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2015

3.3

Associate Creative Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sapient (New York, NY).

Interview

I was asked to bring in a portfolio as well as have a portfolio via web. This seemed logical as they are a digital agency. Met with the recruiter then the recruiting coordinator. Process moved fairly quickly and seamlessly. Went to studio and interviewed with creative team. Asked appropriate questions by team for role and felt comfortable.

Interview Questions

Interview

Two-step process: 1) initial phone screen to determine fit, 2) in-person interview consisting of a case study and regular/personality interview. You must stand out in the case study - show creativity in problem solving and persuasive presentation skills.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

This was a major deficiency - lack of clear communication between candidate and hiring managers through HR

Senior Associate Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sapient (Washington, DC) in May 2015.

Interview

There was a phone interview with someone in HR. Then a 3hr in person interview which involved a 'cultural fit'/personality interview (1hr) and a business case interview in which you have 1hr to prep and then spend an hour discussing the case with 'the client' (two staff members who act as the client).

Interview Questions

• They asked about communication style, how you work with others, and thoroughly discussed the business case.   Answer Question

Junior Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sapient (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

The overall process seemed disorganized. My original recruiter suddenly stopped contacting me after telling me she was setting up a phone interview for the upcoming week. I later found out she left the company and another recruiter contacted me. I had a phone interview, which started 30 minutes later than scheduled but went well and the CD told me he really liked my work. I was then handed off to another recruiter who set up an in-person interview, which I drove 3.5 hours to (I am moving and finding a job in the new area). The interview process lasted 2 hours and I met with four people. This was the best part of the interview process and they seemed like a fun group. 3 of the 4 were very personable though one actually didn't make eye contact to me while we talked. The questions were typical and conversational, just walking through my work, talking about the company and what I bring to the table. I received positive feedback from each person I met with, all telling me I have a very strong portfolio, innovative ideas, and would fit in well there. So obviously, I thought the interview went really well. I was told I would hear back the next week. I never heard back, so I emailed my recruiter who told me the hiring process just got taken over by another employee. After not hearing from that employee in the time frame given, I emailed her. She called me soon after and only quickly said they "would like to pass." After spending almost 3 hours interviewing and 7 hours commuting to and from the interview, and receiving seemingly positive feedback from each person I met with, it would have been nice to have a little more reasoning or constructive criticism than that.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sapient.

Interview

I applied via the easy Linked In feature with just my resume and was promptly contacted by a recruiter. I had a general screening call with the recruiter which consisted of questions like--tell me about yourself; why are you looking for new opportunities; what are your salary expectations, etc. The second step is a phone case study which takes about an hour. The interviewer reads the case study and asks a few questions to gauge your thought process. Very standard--missing information, no right or wrong answers. After passing that round, I was brought in for an in-person interview which the recruiter prepared me for-- 1 hour behavioral, 1 hour to work out a case study, and 1 hour of debriefing the case study, answering questions, and some general behavioral and business/market questions. The behavioral interview was standard questions you can find on any website and is with 1 staff member. The hour of case study is done on your own. You are given a standard case study with lots of unnecessary info, missing info, and questions and are asked to white board a powerpoint presentation which you will then present to the next interviewer. If you have been in enough consulting projects, the case study resembles any client engagement methodology. The next interviewer comes in when the hour is up and asks you to present, asks some clarifying questions, then you just chat. Sometimes, a second interviewer comes in for either the behavioral or case study portion; this is an interviewer in training. My recruiter was awesome and always available. After a couple of months of follow-ups, it looked like they found a position for me and I received an offer. All in all, I'd say this is more structured than other interviews, but not necessarily harder.

Interview Questions

• All was very standard. This is a very Agile firm, so definitely know what it is and why it's beneficial over traditional approaches.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I considered the full benefits package including 401k contributions, bonuses, healthcare expenses, employee paid parking, no expensing of cell phone bills and lunches, etc. That definitely tagged on quite a bit. Timing of bonuses and salary actions wasn't clear until starting; you generally don't get a raise a few months in, regardless of what anyone says during hiring. My negotiation was very straightforward; I received an offer, gave a counter, and received an updated offer.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sapient.

Interview

Phone screen with a recruiter, phone interview with supervisor, in person interview with current OS person, hiring, leadership, and two executive assistants. Was offered the position the following week and started negotiations.

Interview Questions

• What specific things would I bring to make a client's experience more memorable?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sapient.

Interview

They brag about how hard the interview process is--they are looking for rock stars, and require that everyone come in and be given a problem to solve and then write it on a white board and brief it to a group of employees and managers. If just one person doesn't like your haircut, you're done, and have wasted a lot of time and energy.

Interview Questions

• They will critique your briefing on the board and try to get you flustered with difficult questions--lots of ego on the part of the review board.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was quick and painless because they needed my skill set.

Senior Associate Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Sapient (Washington, DC) in January 2015.

Interview

Started with a phone screening interview which was 15-20 minutes. Discussed the usual, salary, reason for leaving, what I'm looking for career wise, a little about my background. Next in person interview, which took the better half of a Friday. It was divided into three parts. First a half hour one on one interview discussing my background and experience. Then they gave me a case study assignment. I was the project manager for a fake company with fake clients. The clients were looking for x,y, and z. Come up with a timeline, scope of work, project proposal, goals. I had an hour to prepare on the white board. Then it was followed with 30 minute role playing activity where I met with the fake clients and they asked questions on the project. After the activity there was another 30 minutes where we discussed how I did, what they were looking for, what they liked. And any additional questions on my experience and background. Overall not to bad. The people there are great, and if you know your stuff then you will do just fine.

Interview Questions

• If a client was pushing for a faster turn around time, but you were unable to commit, how would you ease their concerns?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Interview

I was invited to an all day interview event.... On a Saturday. There were a number of other candidates invited and we spent the day working in teams to create solutions to hypothetical problems. It went well and I was told I would hear back in a week from them. Weeks later no response. I sent emails to all the contacts I had and never received even a response. Terrible way to treat someone who spent 8 hours on a Saturday showing interest your company.

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sapient.

Interview

Reached out to the recruiter through Linkedin. A time was setup for a phone call. the recruiter never called and never replied to any followup emails. I guess their time is valuable and everybody else's isnt.

Interview Questions

• I wonder if the person can speak as I never got to talk   Answer Question