Sapient Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2014
Updated Sep 12, 2014

3.4

Project Manager Interview

This review is for Sapient Government Services.

After applying I was contacted enthusiastically by a recruiter for a phone interview. I gave the recruiter my availability but he called at a time I was unavailable. Then he took a while to get back to me to confirm a date and time. Still optimistic, I had to painstakingly reschedule my day to make the time work and when the time came for the interview, he didn't show up! I sent him an email to check his status and make sure we were still ok to meet (meetings can sometimes go overtime) but got an out of office notice and then didn't hear back the rest of the day. After finally being able to chase him down a week later to talk, he informed me that the funding for the position had been pulled and then proceeded to interview me for another position and then I never heard back from him. This time I didn't bother to follow up.

Job hunting is a pain for both sides (and I've been on both sides) but I have never met someone so unprofessional during any recruitment process! There are so many ways the recruiter could have handled the situation of a position being pulled. Scheduling a meeting with a prospective candidate and then not showing up and disappearing for a while after wasn't the best way to do it. Needless to say, I wasn't interested in the organization after the experience.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unusual here. Just basic questions about work history.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Technology Level I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Sapient.

Wasn't too hard. Met with a few people and the "interview" part that tested html & javascript was to create a webpage from a static image. When I went for the interview I didn't lookup the company enough and one of the people interviewing me was slightly disappointed. After coming in and doing the face to face I ended up talking to Naresh who's the head of the software department.

Interview Questions
    • The hardest was to try to complete in the time given. Make sure you do the JS part. Talked to Naresh about AngularJS   Answer Question
    I don't remember. Probably could have asked for more.

Business Analyst Interview

interviewed at Sapient in July 2014.

I had an initial screening with the recruiter and then set up a phone interview with Sapient. I then went in for a 3 hour interview at their Arlington office. They asked basic questions about my resume and then gave me a case study. I had an hour to come with a solution and then I had to present to the "clients."

Interview Questions
    • The questions regarding the case study because there is not enough time.   Answer Question

Manager, Program Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Sapient in July 2014.

Began with an initial phone conversation with the recruiter and review of benefits information. Then, a one hour phone interview was scheduled with one of the Managers in the Program Management practice. Following an internal review, a 3 hour interview was scheduled onsite in Arlington, VA. The first hour was dedicated to a one-on-one interview focused on previous experiences in project management. The second hour was preparing a case study and the final hour was presenting out the case study on whiteboard walls.

Interview Questions
    • There was not enough information and/or time provided to complete the case study in its entirety. Additionally, tasks beyond a PM's job requisites were tested in the case study that would otherwise be completed by someone else on the team. There were long delays between each of the interviews to receive feedback/next steps from the recruiter.   Answer Question

Offered a salary well below current pay and a job title held over a year and a half ago at my current firm. They are looking for and only willing to pay for recent college grads, not experienced hires.

Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Sapient in July 2014.

Applied via website and was contacted by hr within two days. Had a phone interview followed by hiring manager phone interview; final step was talking with 4 other team members. I received a competing offer and HR put together counter offer in 3 hours.

Interview Questions
    Counter offer situation so I proposed acceptable parameters and they met + exceeded them

Ops Interview

Phone interview and live meetings with recruiter and hiring manager and colleagues. Great interaction with teams. I really Enjoyed the experience even though I didn't get the job. Will keep trying.

Scheduling Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Sapient in March 2014.

The company had a position that was posted online at indeed.com. I had applied and a Recruiter named called me the next day. I spoke with her regarding the role and she educated me expectations for this role, she did also let me know that this position was a back fill for someone going on maternity leave. This role would be a back up assistant to an Executive Assistant Role and also the role that I would be originally hired for. Once I spoke with her, I was passed along the E.A. A week later, I was asked to come in to participate in an 3.5 hour interview. Prior to the interview I was asked to complete a personality test.

The interview was with four different people. Two recruiters the E.A that I would be replacing and of course the recruiter.

Once I interviewed, it was almost two weeks later that I had to call the recruiter back in which she stated "Oh Yea, we decided to hire someone else"

Interview Questions
    • Why are should we consider you for this role. Name a time where you were not perfect or, or messed up.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sapient.

A friend referred me. There was a phone screening first. They where basic questions a developer should know. After that they invited me in for 3 interviews. On the first one I was asked about my resume very thoroughly. The second was a case interview where they gave you a problem and you had 1 hour to write your logic on whiteboard. Then someone came back in the room and asked you to go over it. The last one was more informal, and used to see if you would be a good culture fit.

Interview Questions
    • The case interview was very detailed and I didnt have time to finish it.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Program Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Sapient in February 2014.

This process started with a recruiter who matched my skill set with an opening at Sapient. First was a phone screen with the recruiter, then a phone screen with senior management Sapient. Followed by an intensive in-person interview. I was aware of Sapient's good reputation and was excited to begin the hiring and interview process.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was during the client role playing exercise when the two "customers" inquired about unconventional IT systems and how they fit into the business plan.   Answer Question

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Sapient in January 2014.

The interview process was extensive. By the end of the process I had probably interviewed with 10 or 12 people. Each interview was pretty rigorous in terms of its exploring my technical skills, cultural fit and overall desire to work for the company. People told the truth about the company and its culture and I was able to assess that I would be a good fit.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questions were proving the cultural fit with the company.   View Answer

Worked for Sapient? Contribute to the Community!