Sapient Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2015

3.3

Junior Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Sapient (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

The overall process seemed disorganized. My original recruiter suddenly stopped contacting me after telling me she was setting up a phone interview for the upcoming week. I later found out she left the company and another recruiter contacted me. I had a phone interview, which started 30 minutes later than scheduled but went well and the CD told me he really liked my work. I was then handed off to another recruiter who set up an in-person interview, which I drove 3.5 hours to (I am moving and finding a job in the new area).

The interview process lasted 2 hours and I met with four people. This was the best part of the interview process and they seemed like a fun group. 3 of the 4 were very personable though one actually didn't make eye contact to me while we talked. The questions were typical and conversational, just walking through my work, talking about the company and what I bring to the table. I received positive feedback from each person I met with, all telling me I have a very strong portfolio, innovative ideas, and would fit in well there. So obviously, I thought the interview went really well. I was told I would hear back the next week.

I never heard back, so I emailed my recruiter who told me the hiring process just got taken over by another employee. After not hearing from that employee in the time frame given, I emailed her. She called me soon after and only quickly said they "would like to pass." After spending almost 3 hours interviewing and 7 hours commuting to and from the interview, and receiving seemingly positive feedback from each person I met with, it would have been nice to have a little more reasoning or constructive criticism than that.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sapient.

Interview

I applied via the easy Linked In feature with just my resume and was promptly contacted by a recruiter. I had a general screening call with the recruiter which consisted of questions like--tell me about yourself; why are you looking for new opportunities; what are your salary expectations, etc.

The second step is a phone case study which takes about an hour. The interviewer reads the case study and asks a few questions to gauge your thought process. Very standard--missing information, no right or wrong answers.

After passing that round, I was brought in for an in-person interview which the recruiter prepared me for-- 1 hour behavioral, 1 hour to work out a case study, and 1 hour of debriefing the case study, answering questions, and some general behavioral and business/market questions. The behavioral interview was standard questions you can find on any website and is with 1 staff member. The hour of case study is done on your own. You are given a standard case study with lots of unnecessary info, missing info, and questions and are asked to white board a powerpoint presentation which you will then present to the next interviewer. If you have been in enough consulting projects, the case study resembles any client engagement methodology. The next interviewer comes in when the hour is up and asks you to present, asks some clarifying questions, then you just chat. Sometimes, a second interviewer comes in for either the behavioral or case study portion; this is an interviewer in training.

My recruiter was awesome and always available. After a couple of months of follow-ups, it looked like they found a position for me and I received an offer. All in all, I'd say this is more structured than other interviews, but not necessarily harder.

Interview Questions

• All was very standard. This is a very Agile firm, so definitely know what it is and why it's beneficial over traditional approaches.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I considered the full benefits package including 401k contributions, bonuses, healthcare expenses, employee paid parking, no expensing of cell phone bills and lunches, etc. That definitely tagged on quite a bit. Timing of bonuses and salary actions wasn't clear until starting; you generally don't get a raise a few months in, regardless of what anyone says during hiring. My negotiation was very straightforward; I received an offer, gave a counter, and received an updated offer.

Associate Office Services Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sapient.

Interview

Phone screen with a recruiter, phone interview with supervisor, in person interview with current OS person, hiring, leadership, and two executive assistants. Was offered the position the following week and started negotiations.

Interview Questions

• What specific things would I bring to make a client's experience more memorable?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sapient.

Interview

They brag about how hard the interview process is--they are looking for rock stars, and require that everyone come in and be given a problem to solve and then write it on a white board and brief it to a group of employees and managers. If just one person doesn't like your haircut, you're done, and have wasted a lot of time and energy.

Interview Questions

• They will critique your briefing on the board and try to get you flustered with difficult questions--lots of ego on the part of the review board.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was quick and painless because they needed my skill set.

Consultant Interview

Interview

I was invited to an all day interview event.... On a Saturday. There were a number of other candidates invited and we spent the day working in teams to create solutions to hypothetical problems. It went well and I was told I would hear back in a week from them. Weeks later no response. I sent emails to all the contacts I had and never received even a response. Terrible way to treat someone who spent 8 hours on a Saturday showing interest your company.

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sapient.

Interview

Reached out to the recruiter through Linkedin. A time was setup for a phone call. the recruiter never called and never replied to any followup emails. I guess their time is valuable and everybody else's isnt.

Interview Questions

• I wonder if the person can speak as I never got to talk   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sapient in October 2014.

Interview

On Campus Interview one written test full of aptitude and basics of coding nothing very difficult but time must be managed very efficiently.Two rounds. First was a technical round. About 10 puzzles asked and a coding question. Second round is a behavioral round where all projects were discussed. Nothing unexpected but the interviewer did not give a lot of time to think.

Project Manager Interview

Interview

This review is for Sapient Government Services.

After applying I was contacted enthusiastically by a recruiter for a phone interview. I gave the recruiter my availability but he called at a time I was unavailable. Then he took a while to get back to me to confirm a date and time. Still optimistic, I had to painstakingly reschedule my day to make the time work and when the time came for the interview, he didn't show up! I sent him an email to check his status and make sure we were still ok to meet (meetings can sometimes go overtime) but got an out of office notice and then didn't hear back the rest of the day. After finally being able to chase him down a week later to talk, he informed me that the funding for the position had been pulled and then proceeded to interview me for another position and then I never heard back from him. This time I didn't bother to follow up.

Job hunting is a pain for both sides (and I've been on both sides) but I have never met someone so unprofessional during any recruitment process! There are so many ways the recruiter could have handled the situation of a position being pulled. Scheduling a meeting with a prospective candidate and then not showing up and disappearing for a while after wasn't the best way to do it. Needless to say, I wasn't interested in the organization after the experience.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unusual here. Just basic questions about work history.   Answer Question

QA Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sapient (Boston, MA) in September 2014.

Interview

This was a phone interview for a 6 months contract position as QA Manager for one of Sapient's clients. The interview lasted over an hour and the interviewer was asking very detailed technical questions and requesting specific examples.

Interview Questions

• Give him an example of a sql code that includes joint tables and links.   1 Answer

Senior Associate Technology Level I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sapient (New York, NY).

Interview

Wasn't too hard. Met with a few people and the "interview" part that tested html & javascript was to create a webpage from a static image. When I went for the interview I didn't lookup the company enough and one of the people interviewing me was slightly disappointed. After coming in and doing the face to face I ended up talking to Naresh who's the head of the software department.

Interview Questions

• The hardest was to try to complete in the time given. Make sure you do the JS part. Talked to Naresh about AngularJS   Answer Question

Negotiation

I don't remember. Probably could have asked for more.