Sapient

Average Difficulty
229 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Sapient

Interview Details – Interviews consist of several rounds of phone and in-person interviews that culminate in a Super Saturday. This all-day event gathers many of your peers looking for similar positions and provides a good networking opportunity and chance to meet some of the people you might end up working with. There is an individual problem and a group case study but it really serves as an opportunity for you to learn about the company and absorb their culture

Interview Question – When presenting your recommendations for your case study, be sure to know who your pretend audience is   Answer Question

Senior Developer Interview

Senior Developer
Boston, MA

I applied online - interviewed at Sapient in July 2013.

Interview Details – I had a IKAM assessment test followed by telephonic and then in person interview.
In person - first they asked me to do hands on coding - write a stack program with unit testing.
After technical round they asked me behavioral questions for 1 hour.

Interview Question – Behavioral questions like what would you do in conflict situation. How would you handle difficult team members. What values you bring to Sapient. How flexible are you with kind of work/role. How would you sell yourself to Sapient.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Sapient in April 2011.

Interview Details – Very professional and thorough. The folks were knowledgeable and new exactly what the company was about. The teams were cohesive and fun. The process was not long and not repetitive.

Interview Question – Problem solving question to do with words, and numbers   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had a different offer (not better, but different) elsewhere

Junior Information Architect Interview

Junior Information Architect
New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Sapient in May 2011.

Interview Details – Lots of fun actually. They flew about 20 people out for their super saturday and then split the day into two halves, the first half involving a series of one-on -one interviews to look at your character, skills, and portfolio, and the second to participate in a group task.

Interview Question – Describe a difficult situation you had to overcome in a team.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didnt try to negotiate because it was a good offer.

N/A Interview

N/A

Interviewed at Sapient

Interview Details – had to write an algorithm for a project

Interview Question – Thin outside the box   Answer Question

Arlington, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sapient in April 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through university recruiting. Was contacted by HR for a phone screening, just to see that you're a normal person. I was then set up with a technical interview who was a Senior Associate Technology. Talked about my resume, a few behavioral questions, only lasted 45 minutes.

I was then invited to a "Super Saturday" -- you would come in on a Saturday to meet with Sapient employees ranging from all positions. This has to be my favorite interview just because the environment was great, everyone was really nice, they seemed to really care about who they hire. There was a 4:1 ratio between employees and interviewees so there was a lot of attention directed towards the interviewees. There was a short presentation, which I thought was fairly humorous. A group presentation/interview where you're given a case study and you have to work in a team to come up with a solution. Then there is informal Q/A which consisted of your team and a few employees: ask questions, don't be afraid. Then I had an "Attributes Interview" which is really just a behavioral interview. I loved my interviewer, she seemed genuinely interested in my experiences. Then there was lunch where you pretty much sit wherever you want. Then an individual technical interview. Similar to the group, but you have to work on coding/designing an application fit for the situation/case study. Then there was a tour of the building/surrounding areas. Lastly, there was a closing ceremony where Sapient asks for feedback. Everything was great. Technical interview was a little intimidating, but that's because I'm not the best programmer out there.

Overall, it was a great experience. I learned a lot about the company and really enjoyed meeting the team. When you're interviewing, you get a sense of how the company is, how the people who work there are and whether or not you'd fit in.

Interview Question – Individual Technical Interview   Answer Question

Senior Associate Business Consultant Interview

Senior Associate Business Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Sapient.

Interview Details – Phone screen by company recruiter which led to an interview day where two interviews were conducted for each applicant, one behavioral and one case.

Interview Question – The case was a technology case despite applying for a business consulting role so not really sure i was able to be evaluated correctly but got an offer nonetheless.   Answer Question

Arlington, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Sapient in October 2012.

Interview Details – college recruiting and one-on-one on-campus interview, followed by an invitation to a full one-day interview at the Arlington office. all 30ish college recruits passing the on-campus interview are invited to "Super Saturday", which includes social activities with current employees where they continuously judge your interactions and communications skills. personality is a big importance to getting an offer. Super Saturday also includes an individual case study and a group case study/presentation. intensely long and arduous procedure, but it also gave me a very in-depth taste of the company and its people.

Interview Question – the group case study was the hardest part of the interview. but they expect you to fail. the bigger idea is for the company to see how to interact with a team and answer client questions. my group of four was given an hour to read a case study and plan its design process, and then we were grilled for half an hour by a mock client on its supposed layout and flaws.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was asked for negotiating, but did not negotiate.

Quality Assurance Specialist Interview

Quality Assurance Specialist

Interview Details – the hiring process was simple a aptitude test then a interview and then hr and finally got through

Associate Interview

Associate
Cambridge, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sapient in February 2009.

Interview Details – Campus Hiring Event - on a Saturday. Coding exercise - write code of psuedo code to solve a problem. Review of the code exercise. Behavioral interview looking for very specific examples of attributes, situations and responses. Group interview with observation of how different people were engaging and behaving in a group setting.

Interview Question – No one question - just a lot of probing on fit.   Answer Question