Sapient Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2014
Updated Sep 12, 2014

3.4

Associate Technology L1 Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sapient in February 2013.

Technical: Had an interview for like an hour. Questions were basically about resume and some technical skills. Don't try to hard just be confident on your skills. Interviewer will question you over your skills. It was a combination of technical and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember any questions in specific it was all from the resume and your skills   Answer Question

Senior Associate Program Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Sapient in February 2014.

This process started with a recruiter who matched my skill set with an opening at Sapient. First was a phone screen with the recruiter, then a phone screen with senior management Sapient. Followed by an intensive in-person interview. I was aware of Sapient's good reputation and was excited to begin the hiring and interview process.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was during the client role playing exercise when the two "customers" inquired about unconventional IT systems and how they fit into the business plan.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sapient.

A friend referred me. There was a phone screening first. They where basic questions a developer should know. After that they invited me in for 3 interviews. On the first one I was asked about my resume very thoroughly. The second was a case interview where they gave you a problem and you had 1 hour to write your logic on whiteboard. Then someone came back in the room and asked you to go over it. The last one was more informal, and used to see if you would be a good culture fit.

Interview Questions
    • The case interview was very detailed and I didnt have time to finish it.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Sapient.

Very positive, very thorough so you are sure it is a good fit. Phone screening, personality interview, case study, technical interview. Meet with different employees of the company and are given ample time to ask questions throughout the entire process. Office environment is very positive and you can see the culture fit in each individual employee you come in contact with.

Interview Questions
    • Asked questions you wouldnt be able to answer to see how the interviewer reacted   Answer Question

Junior Associate Technology Interview

Interviews consist of several rounds of phone and in-person interviews that culminate in a Super Saturday. This all-day event gathers many of your peers looking for similar positions and provides a good networking opportunity and chance to meet some of the people you might end up working with. There is an individual problem and a group case study but it really serves as an opportunity for you to learn about the company and absorb their culture

Interview Questions
    • When presenting your recommendations for your case study, be sure to know who your pretend audience is   Answer Question

Senior Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online - interviewed at Sapient in July 2013.

I had a IKAM assessment test followed by telephonic and then in person interview.
    In person - first they asked me to do hands on coding - write a stack program with unit testing.
    After technical round they asked me behavioral questions for 1 hour.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral questions like what would you do in conflict situation. How would you handle difficult team members. What values you bring to Sapient. How flexible are you with kind of work/role. How would you sell yourself to Sapient.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Sapient in April 2011.

Very professional and thorough. The folks were knowledgeable and new exactly what the company was about. The teams were cohesive and fun. The process was not long and not repetitive.

Interview Questions
    • Problem solving question to do with words, and numbers   Answer Question

I had a different offer (not better, but different) elsewhere

Junior Information Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Sapient in May 2011.

Lots of fun actually. They flew about 20 people out for their super saturday and then split the day into two halves, the first half involving a series of one-on -one interviews to look at your character, skills, and portfolio, and the second to participate in a group task.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult situation you had to overcome in a team.   Answer Question
    I didnt try to negotiate because it was a good offer.

N/A Interview

had to write an algorithm for a project

Junior Associate Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sapient in April 2013.

Applied through university recruiting. Was contacted by HR for a phone screening, just to see that you're a normal person. I was then set up with a technical interview who was a Senior Associate Technology. Talked about my resume, a few behavioral questions, only lasted 45 minutes.

I was then invited to a "Super Saturday" -- you would come in on a Saturday to meet with Sapient employees ranging from all positions. This has to be my favorite interview just because the environment was great, everyone was really nice, they seemed to really care about who they hire. There was a 4:1 ratio between employees and interviewees so there was a lot of attention directed towards the interviewees. There was a short presentation, which I thought was fairly humorous. A group presentation/interview where you're given a case study and you have to work in a team to come up with a solution. Then there is informal Q/A which consisted of your team and a few employees: ask questions, don't be afraid. Then I had an "Attributes Interview" which is really just a behavioral interview. I loved my interviewer, she seemed genuinely interested in my experiences. Then there was lunch where you pretty much sit wherever you want. Then an individual technical interview. Similar to the group, but you have to work on coding/designing an application fit for the situation/case study. Then there was a tour of the building/surrounding areas. Lastly, there was a closing ceremony where Sapient asks for feedback. Everything was great. Technical interview was a little intimidating, but that's because I'm not the best programmer out there.

Overall, it was a great experience. I learned a lot about the company and really enjoyed meeting the team. When you're interviewing, you get a sense of how the company is, how the people who work there are and whether or not you'd fit in.