Sapient Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

3.3

Scheduling Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sapient (Houston, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

The company had a position that was posted online at indeed.com. I had applied and a Recruiter named called me the next day. I spoke with her regarding the role and she educated me expectations for this role, she did also let me know that this position was a back fill for someone going on maternity leave. This role would be a back up assistant to an Executive Assistant Role and also the role that I would be originally hired for. Once I spoke with her, I was passed along the E.A. A week later, I was asked to come in to participate in an 3.5 hour interview. Prior to the interview I was asked to complete a personality test. The interview was with four different people. Two recruiters the E.A that I would be replacing and of course the recruiter. Once I interviewed, it was almost two weeks later that I had to call the recruiter back in which she stated "Oh Yea, we decided to hire someone else"

Interview Questions

• Why are should we consider you for this role. Name a time where you were not perfect or, or messed up.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sapient (Arlington, VA).

Interview

A friend referred me. There was a phone screening first. They where basic questions a developer should know. After that they invited me in for 3 interviews. On the first one I was asked about my resume very thoroughly. The second was a case interview where they gave you a problem and you had 1 hour to write your logic on whiteboard. Then someone came back in the room and asked you to go over it. The last one was more informal, and used to see if you would be a good culture fit.

Interview Questions

• The case interview was very detailed and I didnt have time to finish it.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Program Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sapient (Arlington, VA) in February 2014.

Interview

This process started with a recruiter who matched my skill set with an opening at Sapient. First was a phone screen with the recruiter, then a phone screen with senior management Sapient. Followed by an intensive in-person interview. I was aware of Sapient's good reputation and was excited to begin the hiring and interview process.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question was during the client role playing exercise when the two "customers" inquired about unconventional IT systems and how they fit into the business plan.   Answer Question

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sapient (Boston, MA) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview process was extensive. By the end of the process I had probably interviewed with 10 or 12 people. Each interview was pretty rigorous in terms of its exploring my technical skills, cultural fit and overall desire to work for the company. People told the truth about the company and its culture and I was able to assess that I would be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult questions were proving the cultural fit with the company.   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sapient.

Interview

Very positive, very thorough so you are sure it is a good fit. Phone screening, personality interview, case study, technical interview. Meet with different employees of the company and are given ample time to ask questions throughout the entire process. Office environment is very positive and you can see the culture fit in each individual employee you come in contact with.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions you wouldnt be able to answer to see how the interviewer reacted   Answer Question

Interview

Interviews consist of several rounds of phone and in-person interviews that culminate in a Super Saturday. This all-day event gathers many of your peers looking for similar positions and provides a good networking opportunity and chance to meet some of the people you might end up working with. There is an individual problem and a group case study but it really serves as an opportunity for you to learn about the company and absorb their culture

Interview Questions

• When presenting your recommendations for your case study, be sure to know who your pretend audience is   Answer Question

Junior Associate Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Sapient (Arlington, VA) in October 2013.

Interview

I went through two interviews, one on campus and another at their company building. The on-campus interview was very short and more oriented towards getting to know you and your background. A month later I was contacted to attend their on-site interview at Super Saturday, which is a day-long interview that consists of meeting people in the company, a group simulation exercise, and an individual coding interview.

Interview Questions

• The group exercise was more difficult than expected because they asked that we take an hour to plan a solution to a case study and present it to a panel. They judged very harshly, as an actual client would. This part really tests you on your teamwork skills and your communication skills.   Answer Question

Senior Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sapient (Boston, MA) in July 2013.

Interview

I had a IKAM assessment test followed by telephonic and then in person interview. In person - first they asked me to do hands on coding - write a stack program with unit testing. After technical round they asked me behavioral questions for 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions like what would you do in conflict situation. How would you handle difficult team members. What values you bring to Sapient. How flexible are you with kind of work/role. How would you sell yourself to Sapient.   Answer Question

N/A Interview

Interview

had to write an algorithm for a project

Junior Associate Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sapient (Arlington, VA) in April 2013.

Interview

Applied through university recruiting. Was contacted by HR for a phone screening, just to see that you're a normal person. I was then set up with a technical interview who was a Senior Associate Technology. Talked about my resume, a few behavioral questions, only lasted 45 minutes. I was then invited to a "Super Saturday" -- you would come in on a Saturday to meet with Sapient employees ranging from all positions. This has to be my favorite interview just because the environment was great, everyone was really nice, they seemed to really care about who they hire. There was a 4:1 ratio between employees and interviewees so there was a lot of attention directed towards the interviewees. There was a short presentation, which I thought was fairly humorous. A group presentation/interview where you're given a case study and you have to work in a team to come up with a solution. Then there is informal Q/A which consisted of your team and a few employees: ask questions, don't be afraid. Then I had an "Attributes Interview" which is really just a behavioral interview. I loved my interviewer, she seemed genuinely interested in my experiences. Then there was lunch where you pretty much sit wherever you want. Then an individual technical interview. Similar to the group, but you have to work on coding/designing an application fit for the situation/case study. Then there was a tour of the building/surrounding areas. Lastly, there was a closing ceremony where Sapient asks for feedback. Everything was great. Technical interview was a little intimidating, but that's because I'm not the best programmer out there. Overall, it was a great experience. I learned a lot about the company and really enjoyed meeting the team. When you're interviewing, you get a sense of how the company is, how the people who work there are and whether or not you'd fit in.