Sapient Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 23, 2014
231 interviews

3.4

Quality Assurance Specialist Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Sapient.

the hiring process was simple a aptitude test then a interview and then hr and finally got through

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cambridge, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sapient in February 2009.

Campus Hiring Event - on a Saturday. Coding exercise - write code of psuedo code to solve a problem. Review of the code exercise. Behavioral interview looking for very specific examples of attributes, situations and responses. Group interview with observation of how different people were engaging and behaving in a group setting.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Sapient in November 2010.

They hire really smart, unselfish people so personality is a big criteria. Its a thorough process so be prepared with your area of expertise. I had a phone interview followed by a panel interview in front of 4 people!

Interview Questions
    • Not sure, it was pretty straight forward just a long process with 2 rounds.   Answer Question
    I went through a recruiter and got the compensation I wanted.

Software Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sapient in January 2013.

The interview process was with an initial phone screen and was asked to go for a face to face interview.
    A case study was presented which was 4 pages. An hour is given to read the case study and come up with the design and write it on a white board. Abilities to write sql queries, coding is also asked. If the interview is for senior lead position, then the case study will have question like you are given 1 junior developer and 2 senior developers, how will you allocate the task, describe your project plan.

I had only 1 interviewer come and ask me questions on my approach and why I had that approach.

The case study is not difficult, it is lengthy.

Interview Questions

First when I got the interview the location was to my driving distance, then they told me that the location was changed.

Consultant Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Sapient.

The hiring process started with a phone screening. That was followed by a written test (technical). The test was challenging and subjective in nature. The test was followed by 2 rounds of interviews. The interviews focused mainly on the test answers and was very professionally conducted.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was about the salary . They wanted to talk numbers before anything else.   Answer Question

Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Sapient in July 2008.

Contacted by hr. Number of phone interviews.

Interview Questions
    I went back amd asked for more money after first offer. And i got it.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Sapient in September 2011.

2 Phone Interviews
    1 Technical Case Study
     3 in person interviews in office

Interview Questions
    They gave me an offer, I asked for more and they gave it to me

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Sapient.

There was a intro on campus interview that was brief and painless with no substantive questions followed by an invitation to an onsite interview day. It occurred on a Saturday and had 2 rounds: Group and Individual exercises.

Interview Questions
    • Write pseudo-code for a method and then create a full database schema for the proposed senario.   View Answer

Associate Technology L1 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sapient.

I was put in through the referral system. I got a phone call and e-mail from a recruiter within a day. I was screened intitally via the recruiter - and then a scheduled phone interview happened next. Once I got the "ok" from the phone interview - I was scheduled within a day to come in to the office for another interview. This interview consisted of three parts - each an hour long. The first part was the basic "getting to know you" section - where you can brag about yourself. They see how you would fit in with their teams and the company's culture. The second part is a case study that you read alone and prepare for a presentation by using the whiteboards. The third part is presenting your case study and having a discussion about it. Within a few days I heard back that the interview went great - and we were just waiting to hear from the client Sapient wanted me to work with. They had to officially approve me. Once this was complete - an official offer came in. I had a few days to sign and return my offer letter - which was all digital. I started two weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • You get an hour to prepare for a case study - and delivering your ideas on a white board. After the hour is up - you present your case to a manager. The case study was not "difficult" but rather lengthy. I did not have enough time to finish everything I would have liked to. Be prepared to get your most valid points out before diving into the details - and read the entire case study before starting. Some important information lies at the end of the case study document.   View Answer
    I negotiated a signing bonus.

Manager, Business Consulting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sapient in August 2012.

Saw a post on a job board for a Manager, Business Consulting position. Went to the company website and applied directly which took 5 minutes. A few hours later received an email from HR and set up a phone screen. The phone screen was pretty basic (why are you interested in Sapient, what are you looking for in your next position, why leave your current position, salary requirements).

After a successful talk with HR, had a one hour phone interview with a Manager and Senior Associate the following day. The interview started with a few behavioral questions ("Tell me about a time when you..."), then moved into a case. I was surprised to be doing a case as I wasn't told that it would be part of the phone interview. The case was really painless...it was more like an ideation session (i.e. "What could be the cause of 'x' business not doing well?") than a typical consulting case. After completing the case, I was asked to summarize my thoughts in a one page slide and send it to the interviewers (something else that caught me off guard). The next business day I received a call and was scheduled for an interview in their office later in the week.

The first in-person interview was an hour long fit interview. It was pretty painless...less "Tell me about a time when..." and more questioning along the lines of getting to know my work style and who I was as a person. I was given plenty of time to ask questions. It was actually refreshing. Next, they placed me in a room with white boards for walls and gave me an hour to go over a case and prepare for a presentation to the "client". I felt like the hour was enough time to address the guiding questions they give you. The interviewer walked in and immediately began playing the character of the client. I had done this type of interview before, but this experience was the least positive. At times I felt like I was being attacked as I was constantly interrupted and asked to explain every single word I said. I have been consulting for years and have never had a client (even the most difficult ones) act anywhere near as hostile as the interviewer. I was also asked several questions about things that did not appear in the case...perhaps a check to see how I acted under pressure. The interviewer gave immediate feedback, asked a couple questions, then gave me time to ask questions.

The next day I was told that I would be receiving an offer...not at the Manager level, but at the Senior Associate level.

Interview Questions
    • During the case presentation, I was asked how much it would cost to implement the solution. There was no information in the case that addressed this and I felt like the interviewer was trying to lead me down a treacherous path if I had attempted to come up with a number...be prepared for the unexpected.   Answer Question

Offer was very low considering my education and prior work experience. I attempted to negotiate but the offer they came back with was BARELY better than the original. Also, Sapient prides itself on being feedback-oriented. That is great, but when you are constantly telling a perspective employee all the things that they can't do and nit-picking on what they may have messed up on during the interview in order to justify your low offer, it can really rub someone the wrong way!