Sapient

Updated Dec 17, 2014

3.4

Junior Associate Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sapient in April 2013.

Applied through university recruiting. Was contacted by HR for a phone screening, just to see that you're a normal person. I was then set up with a technical interview who was a Senior Associate Technology. Talked about my resume, a few behavioral questions, only lasted 45 minutes.

I was then invited to a "Super Saturday" -- you would come in on a Saturday to meet with Sapient employees ranging from all positions. This has to be my favorite interview just because the environment was great, everyone was really nice, they seemed to really care about who they hire. There was a 4:1 ratio between employees and interviewees so there was a lot of attention directed towards the interviewees. There was a short presentation, which I thought was fairly humorous. A group presentation/interview where you're given a case study and you have to work in a team to come up with a solution. Then there is informal Q/A which consisted of your team and a few employees: ask questions, don't be afraid. Then I had an "Attributes Interview" which is really just a behavioral interview. I loved my interviewer, she seemed genuinely interested in my experiences. Then there was lunch where you pretty much sit wherever you want. Then an individual technical interview. Similar to the group, but you have to work on coding/designing an application fit for the situation/case study. Then there was a tour of the building/surrounding areas. Lastly, there was a closing ceremony where Sapient asks for feedback. Everything was great. Technical interview was a little intimidating, but that's because I'm not the best programmer out there.

Overall, it was a great experience. I learned a lot about the company and really enjoyed meeting the team. When you're interviewing, you get a sense of how the company is, how the people who work there are and whether or not you'd fit in.

Senior Associate Business Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sapient.

Phone screen by company recruiter which led to an interview day where two interviews were conducted for each applicant, one behavioral and one case.

Interview Questions
    • The case was a technology case despite applying for a business consulting role so not really sure i was able to be evaluated correctly but got an offer nonetheless.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Specialist Interview

the hiring process was simple a aptitude test then a interview and then hr and finally got through

Associate Technology L1 Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sapient in February 2013.

Technical: Had an interview for like an hour. Questions were basically about resume and some technical skills. Don't try to hard just be confident on your skills. Interviewer will question you over your skills. It was a combination of technical and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember any questions in specific it was all from the resume and your skills   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sapient.

The hiring process started with a phone screening. That was followed by a written test (technical). The test was challenging and subjective in nature. The test was followed by 2 rounds of interviews. The interviews focused mainly on the test answers and was very professionally conducted.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was about the salary . They wanted to talk numbers before anything else.   Answer Question

Software Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sapient in January 2013.

The interview process was with an initial phone screen and was asked to go for a face to face interview.
    A case study was presented which was 4 pages. An hour is given to read the case study and come up with the design and write it on a white board. Abilities to write sql queries, coding is also asked. If the interview is for senior lead position, then the case study will have question like you are given 1 junior developer and 2 senior developers, how will you allocate the task, describe your project plan.

I had only 1 interviewer come and ask me questions on my approach and why I had that approach.

The case study is not difficult, it is lengthy.

Interview Questions

First when I got the interview the location was to my driving distance, then they told me that the location was changed.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Sapient.

There was a intro on campus interview that was brief and painless with no substantive questions followed by an invitation to an onsite interview day. It occurred on a Saturday and had 2 rounds: Group and Individual exercises.

Interview Questions
    • Write pseudo-code for a method and then create a full database schema for the proposed senario.   View Answer

Junior Associate Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sapient in October 2012.

college recruiting and one-on-one on-campus interview, followed by an invitation to a full one-day interview at the Arlington office. all 30ish college recruits passing the on-campus interview are invited to "Super Saturday", which includes social activities with current employees where they continuously judge your interactions and communications skills. personality is a big importance to getting an offer. Super Saturday also includes an individual case study and a group case study/presentation. intensely long and arduous procedure, but it also gave me a very in-depth taste of the company and its people.

Interview Questions
    • the group case study was the hardest part of the interview. but they expect you to fail. the bigger idea is for the company to see how to interact with a team and answer client questions. my group of four was given an hour to read a case study and plan its design process, and then we were grilled for half an hour by a mock client on its supposed layout and flaws.   Answer Question
    Was asked for negotiating, but did not negotiate.

Associate Technology L1 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sapient.

I was put in through the referral system. I got a phone call and e-mail from a recruiter within a day. I was screened intitally via the recruiter - and then a scheduled phone interview happened next. Once I got the "ok" from the phone interview - I was scheduled within a day to come in to the office for another interview. This interview consisted of three parts - each an hour long. The first part was the basic "getting to know you" section - where you can brag about yourself. They see how you would fit in with their teams and the company's culture. The second part is a case study that you read alone and prepare for a presentation by using the whiteboards. The third part is presenting your case study and having a discussion about it. Within a few days I heard back that the interview went great - and we were just waiting to hear from the client Sapient wanted me to work with. They had to officially approve me. Once this was complete - an official offer came in. I had a few days to sign and return my offer letter - which was all digital. I started two weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • You get an hour to prepare for a case study - and delivering your ideas on a white board. After the hour is up - you present your case to a manager. The case study was not "difficult" but rather lengthy. I did not have enough time to finish everything I would have liked to. Be prepared to get your most valid points out before diving into the details - and read the entire case study before starting. Some important information lies at the end of the case study document.   View Answer
    I negotiated a signing bonus.

Technical Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sapient.

I am not going to single out the organization Sapient Global, Sapient Nitro or Sapient Government. I will use generic reference of Sapient. Same is true for the Job Position/Title, think about it as Senior Manager/Director or MC level position with the team.

Fast to a level that give cues in finding and retaining the right candidate. HR persons with no authority for simple decisions and expectation settings and answer questions per script.

I was very unimpressed by the top gun I met (VP/above) and thought his tile is VP because in Sales Organization everyone is VP or Director. I asked him more questions (to learn the business, clients, engagement models and technology focuses) than him asking me.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked for a case study and written interview test which I politely declined and was ready to walk away. I was ready for chalk talk and whiteboard discussions but no interviewer came forward for any unscripted discussion.

My initial technical contact person was very professional (and the impression I had that I am going to be in his organization). After hiring, my reporting lines changed three times in couple of weeks. Until last day I was ‘struggling’ to understand the organization structure and reporting lines.

Answer Question
    For base comp I gave Sapient a number (in first HR phone call/email) and that was my bottom-line which they accepted and it did not come up again.
    When it came to reporting lines/structure and organizational title Sapient shy away from sharing any organizational chart to give a context.

I was uncomfortable to proceed (accept) but I did!!