Sapient

Sapient Interview Questions in New York City, NY

3.2

Senior Associate Technology Level I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sapient.

Wasn't too hard. Met with a few people and the "interview" part that tested html & javascript was to create a webpage from a static image. When I went for the interview I didn't lookup the company enough and one of the people interviewing me was slightly disappointed. After coming in and doing the face to face I ended up talking to Naresh who's the head of the software department.

Interview Questions
    • The hardest was to try to complete in the time given. Make sure you do the JS part. Talked to Naresh about AngularJS   Answer Question
    I don't remember. Probably could have asked for more.

Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sapient in July 2014.

Applied via website and was contacted by hr within two days. Had a phone interview followed by hiring manager phone interview; final step was talking with 4 other team members. I received a competing offer and HR put together counter offer in 3 hours.

Interview Questions
    Counter offer situation so I proposed acceptable parameters and they met + exceeded them

Technical Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sapient.

I am not going to single out the organization Sapient Global, Sapient Nitro or Sapient Government. I will use generic reference of Sapient. Same is true for the Job Position/Title, think about it as Senior Manager/Director or MC level position with the team.

Fast to a level that give cues in finding and retaining the right candidate. HR persons with no authority for simple decisions and expectation settings and answer questions per script.

I was very unimpressed by the top gun I met (VP/above) and thought his tile is VP because in Sales Organization everyone is VP or Director. I asked him more questions (to learn the business, clients, engagement models and technology focuses) than him asking me.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked for a case study and written interview test which I politely declined and was ready to walk away. I was ready for chalk talk and whiteboard discussions but no interviewer came forward for any unscripted discussion.

My initial technical contact person was very professional (and the impression I had that I am going to be in his organization). After hiring, my reporting lines changed three times in couple of weeks. Until last day I was ‘struggling’ to understand the organization structure and reporting lines.

Answer Question
    For base comp I gave Sapient a number (in first HR phone call/email) and that was my bottom-line which they accepted and it did not come up again.
    When it came to reporting lines/structure and organizational title Sapient shy away from sharing any organizational chart to give a context.

I was uncomfortable to proceed (accept) but I did!!

Junior Information Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Sapient in May 2011.

Lots of fun actually. They flew about 20 people out for their super saturday and then split the day into two halves, the first half involving a series of one-on -one interviews to look at your character, skills, and portfolio, and the second to participate in a group task.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult situation you had to overcome in a team.   Answer Question
    I didnt try to negotiate because it was a good offer.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sapient in November 2010.

They hire really smart, unselfish people so personality is a big criteria. Its a thorough process so be prepared with your area of expertise. I had a phone interview followed by a panel interview in front of 4 people!

Interview Questions
    • Not sure, it was pretty straight forward just a long process with 2 rounds.   Answer Question
    I went through a recruiter and got the compensation I wanted.

Junior Associate Program Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sapient in October 2010.

Interviewer asked behavioral questions. A lot of questions were directed towards my resume. Some of the questions were tell me about yourself, what distinguishes you from your peers, what are your strengths, are you a team player. In all the interview was 30 minutes long. HR got back in a week but was declined a 2nd interview

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sapient in October 2010.

The interview process consisted of three meetings. The first was a 1st round phone screen with an HR Recruiter. The 2nd meeting was a white board discussion session done on-site with a Senior Manager on a relevant case study. While I could've done better on this interview, I felt that the time allocated for case study and background discussion was rushed and insufficient. The 3rd meeting was on the same day and with another Sr. Manager, who was a bit more creative. The meeting went fine but the manager did most of the talking and we ran out of time before I had a chance to answer any of his questions. The people were nice, but I thought the on-site meetings logistics could've been coordinate better by HR. Everything felt a bit too rushed and limited.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

The interviewer was very nice. He firstly introduce the company and the position. He asked questions about team work experience, organization skill. He also offered lots of chances to let me ask questions.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sapient in October 2010.

First had a HR phone interview for 1/2 hour, basic questions on why change in job and what is my experience and skills are. Then next day has a 1/2 hour phone technical interview. This was not much technical, just a chat on technologies that I have worked so for in my projects. Then came the one on one the 4 hour interview. The HR will call you give the details what your interview schedule is and whom with. Be prepared to present, code and talk.

Interview Questions
    I tried negotiating but the hiring manager talked me out.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sapient in August 2010.

Generally well structured. The case study test was interesting. Basically it provides a fictitious client and have you prepare a presentation in 1 hour

Interview Questions
    • tell me a time where you have to pass bad news to your team   Answer Question