Sapient Project Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

3.7

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Sapient in November 2010.

They hire really smart, unselfish people so personality is a big criteria. Its a thorough process so be prepared with your area of expertise. I had a phone interview followed by a panel interview in front of 4 people!

Interview Questions
  • Not sure, it was pretty straight forward just a long process with 2 rounds.   Answer Question
I went through a recruiter and got the compensation I wanted.

Other Interview Reviews for Sapient

Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Sapient in July 2009.

Was contacted by Sapient recruiter re: a project manager position.

Interesting company:
    - good values
    - very client focussed
    - successful and an good business model

Interview setup was a bit disjointed and interviewer was late (had to call him)
    Good behavioral interview by a very professional client manager.
    Given their tight business model, they are and remain price sensitive
    and will naturally hire younger candidates (nothing wrong with that).
    My recommendation:
    - check their salary ranges first
    - price yourself within their target range in the online application they will ask you to
      fill in before the interview
    - then have your interview

The ONLY goal of an interview is to keep the decision yours - not theirs.

Interview Questions
    • Describe the projects you have worked on and the process by which you arrived at the project kick off meeting.   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Sapient in September 2007.

On submission of resume the screening was done by Recruiter over phone. He asked basic questions like kind of projects & clients handled, challanges faced and willingness to travel & relocate. After 1 week I was called for face-to-face interview that included 3 sessions. First 30-45 min session was lated to personality and fitment to Sapient values - client focused delivery, creativity, leadership, openness, relationship and people growth and involved questions pertaining to my real life experiences from professional life on the core values. Second 60 min session was a project mgmt case study where I was given one page long case study to come-up with high level project plan (at week level), staffing plan, budget and identify project risks on a white board. The third 60 min session involved explaining how I came-up with project plan, estimates, staffing and mitigation for risks.

Interview Questions
    • What if clients want you to start project ASAP without signing the contract since contracts take 1-3 weeks for legal reveiw & approval while project needs to be started ASAP. How will you handle the risk of project cancellation.   View Answers (5)
    They low-balled the initial offer and I was able to get a small increase over the initial offer. However I could not get the expected salary since I had followed-up many times during the 3-4 week period after face-to-face interveiw and final offer and Sapient got a clear understanding that I am keen on joining.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Sapient in May 2012.

Two round of telephonic interviews after the intial connect -30min - 1 hr
    one round of interview based on scenarios which i really liked - 2-3 hrs
    followed by another round of face-to-face interview -1-2 hrs
    the recruit team follows up via email on outcome

Interview Questions
    • how agile will fit into a service oriented organisation   View Answer

i got another offer with a different organisation as agile coach

Project Manager Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Sapient in December 2011.

Great experience, very enjoyable. The only issue I had was that some of the interviewers seemed like they were afraid of talented people. HR was very nice though

Interview Questions
    • You had to prepare a project for a potential (imaginary) client on the spot   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sapient in November 2010.

I got a mail from th Sapient HR about a role suitable for me.I replied her back then I got a call from the HR.It was almost like telephonic interview she asked me a lot about Project Management, the fdifferent kind of roles I have worked.
    Then another interview was scheduled where I was given a case study of a client requirement.
    I had one hour to work out in the white board, my understanding of the project and project scope.
    I had to draw up a project plan and a logical architecture diagram. Had to talk about the constraints,assumptions,risks. Basically I had to pitch for a project.
    The interviewer mocked as the client and it was interesting. I enjoyed the whole process

Interview Questions
    • After giving a white presentation on the new project,the interviewer asked me 'I want the project delivered as soon as possible. Can you start the development tomorrow?'   View Answers (3)
    • What do you know about Sapient?   View Answer

Worked for Sapient? Contribute to the Community!