Sapient Senior Associate Business Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Feb 1, 2015

4.0

Senior Associate Business Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sapient.

Interview

I applied via the easy Linked In feature with just my resume and was promptly contacted by a recruiter. I had a general screening call with the recruiter which consisted of questions like--tell me about yourself; why are you looking for new opportunities; what are your salary expectations, etc.

The second step is a phone case study which takes about an hour. The interviewer reads the case study and asks a few questions to gauge your thought process. Very standard--missing information, no right or wrong answers.

After passing that round, I was brought in for an in-person interview which the recruiter prepared me for-- 1 hour behavioral, 1 hour to work out a case study, and 1 hour of debriefing the case study, answering questions, and some general behavioral and business/market questions. The behavioral interview was standard questions you can find on any website and is with 1 staff member. The hour of case study is done on your own. You are given a standard case study with lots of unnecessary info, missing info, and questions and are asked to white board a powerpoint presentation which you will then present to the next interviewer. If you have been in enough consulting projects, the case study resembles any client engagement methodology. The next interviewer comes in when the hour is up and asks you to present, asks some clarifying questions, then you just chat. Sometimes, a second interviewer comes in for either the behavioral or case study portion; this is an interviewer in training.

My recruiter was awesome and always available. After a couple of months of follow-ups, it looked like they found a position for me and I received an offer. All in all, I'd say this is more structured than other interviews, but not necessarily harder.

Interview Questions

• All was very standard. This is a very Agile firm, so definitely know what it is and why it's beneficial over traditional approaches.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I considered the full benefits package including 401k contributions, bonuses, healthcare expenses, employee paid parking, no expensing of cell phone bills and lunches, etc. That definitely tagged on quite a bit. Timing of bonuses and salary actions wasn't clear until starting; you generally don't get a raise a few months in, regardless of what anyone says during hiring. My negotiation was very straightforward; I received an offer, gave a counter, and received an updated offer.

Other Interview Reviews for Sapient

Senior Associate Business Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sapient.

Interview

Phone screen by company recruiter which led to an interview day where two interviews were conducted for each applicant, one behavioral and one case.

Interview Questions

• The case was a technology case despite applying for a business consulting role so not really sure i was able to be evaluated correctly but got an offer nonetheless.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Business Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Sapient (Arlington, VA) in September 2009.

Interview

After receiving a glowing (I guess) recommendation from a former colleague who currently works there, a member of the recruiting team phoned me up one day and scheduled a phone interview. I can't remember what all that entailed, but it was pretty high level. After that, I was scheduled to come up for a vis a vis. They did mention that this would be a three hour or so process, which was something that threw me for a loop.

The first part of the face to face had a quick skills assessment which took about a half an hour. Just really to make sure I knew what I was doing and was consistent with what was on my resume.

A 'personality' interview followed which lasted about an hour. This was pretty much run of the mill stuff...Describe challenging situations and how I mitigated that challenge. What are my strengths and weaknesses. Do I like to work alone, or in a group and why. Lots of questions, but appropriate and not a whole lot that threw me off guard.

Then, I was given a business case to present to a group of decision makers. I had an hour to prepare and an hour to present. Very challenging. Essentially, I had to give Sapient's perspective on how to solve a business problem and reduce customer service costs while maintaining superior customer service. Essentially, a big whiteboard exercise. I was given some background including financials and history of the company. There was 6 questions I had to answer as part of the exercise. So as you might guess, I segmented them accordingly on the whiteboard and incorporated into my presentation :-)

Interview Questions

• Perspective on how to leverage a technological solution   1 Answer

Negotiation

In the process but seems to be going well...

Senior Associate Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Sapient (London, England (UK)) in March 2010.

Interview

Very long. Lots of people

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No room to negotiate.