Sapient Senior Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

3.6

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Sapient in November 2011.

A friend of mine, who works there, submitted a referral for me. A month or two passed by and then someone from HR contacted me to setup a phone interview. The phone interview wasn't very long, as it served just as an introduction with HR and to setup the next interview with a manager.

The phone interview with a manager was a general interview. He asked me to go over my resume, some questions about my skills and work experiences, and some behavioral questions too. Some of the questions that struct me were: " Tell me your strengths and weaknesses", "What do you fear the most about your current job" and "Tell me about your biggest failure on the job".

Apparently I passed that interview, because I was called for 1:1 interview in person. This one was for about 3 hours, where I met three executives separately, for an hour each. This was more difficult, as they asked me a lot of specific questions about projects, project management, databases, finance, technology, etc.

I would recommend that the candidates are honest and talk about their skills and experiences with a positive tone. For example, if you don't have an experience in something, indicate your willingness to learn and mention how you learned something in the past. For negative questions, such as "What was your biggest failure", the best tactic is to be honest and talk about something that went wrong in your experience, but finish with the steps you took to fix it. Also, research the company before going to the interview and prepare some good questions to ask them, they appreciate that.

They will send you an interview package email before the 1:1 interview, so make sure you read all the links in there. There are some Harvard and Yale Business Cases I found in there and they were very helpful.

For the company culture, I can only tell you what my perceptions are so far (I haven't started working there yet). The people seem very nice and willing to help out. They are also very smart and experienced, so you have what to learn from them. They work on projects for clients and that's what you are paid to do as well. In the current climate, it sounds like clients are pushing them for efficiency, which means do more in less time with less resources, so you need to be ok with that. I imagine there will a lot of days when you work long hours, and there is a lot of travel. Some of the travel is quick, like a day or two, and sometimes you can be asked to work 4 days a week in a different location (like another city) and then come back and work the 5th day from home or in the home office. It seems like they pay well and there are opportunities for advancement, if the client and your co-workers like you, so it seems like a good arrangement to me.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about your strengths and weaknesses.   View Answer
  • Tell me what you fear most about your current job.   View Answer
  • Tell me about your biggest failure in your current job.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Sapient

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sapient in October 2010.

First had a HR phone interview for 1/2 hour, basic questions on why change in job and what is my experience and skills are. Then next day has a 1/2 hour phone technical interview. This was not much technical, just a chat on technologies that I have worked so for in my projects. Then came the one on one the 4 hour interview. The HR will call you give the details what your interview schedule is and whom with. Be prepared to present, code and talk.

Interview Questions
    I tried negotiating but the hiring manager talked me out.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Sapient in December 2009.

Initial phone screen with HR. Rapidly progressed to three 1 hour interviews in person at varying professional levels. Process was very straight-forward and open. First interview was to determine personality fit with the Sapient culture. Typical questions here about dealing with difficult coworkers, demonstrating situations in which you went above and beyond to persuade others, etc. Second interview was the determine domain expertise. In this area, Sapient domain knowledge is very deep - so I'd suggest being very sharp on your domain prior to the interview. Final session was the most informal with a senior member of the staff - who answers questions and helps you understand how Sapient may be a good fit for your career. So far, this was the most professional, efficient, and organized interview process I've ever been through.

Interview Questions
    • Do you think the banks are to blame for the financial meltdown?   Answer Question
    Slight negotiation before offer was made. Post offer is made, it is advised not to negotiate further.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Sapient in February 2011.

They call by phone to confirm the interview.
    Interview consists of 5 rounds.
    1. Round1- Coding Exercise/Technical
    2. Coding exercise /Technical
    3. telephonic call/technical
    4. telephonic call/technical
    5. Managerial /HR round

Senior Associate Interview

First machine round, then technical interview and them HR round.

Interview Questions
    • most of the questions were conceptual. not much digging into the syntax.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Sapient in September 2010.

Very thorough so be well prepaed. The first 2 rounds were objective and in detail questions. this was followed by a face 2 face interview round. The 4th round was a general discussion with a person from the senior management and lastly the 5 th round was telephonic with HR.

Interview Questions
    Ask for maximum salary hike.

Senior Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Sapient.

1:Technical Test : Tough but percentile is considered
    2:Design problem
    3:Design discussion
    4:Technical Interview
    5: Manager Round
    6: HR & Salary Negotiations

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Sapient in August 2011.

HR personnel who contacted me explained the entire interview process in detail. The good thing is that they provide Taxi pick up and drop for interview if you need it. I did have to wait for some time at reception area before being called.Interview process was held on a weekend at gurgaon. Technical interview consists of 2 parts, First they give you a problem statement for which you need to develop a system. While grading they look at design approach, completeness, test cases, basically your thought process in tackling the question. Next part consist of discussion on your design along with other questions.

Interview Questions
    • Though they may list things like spring J2EE in JD, they don't ask anything from it usually, their entire focus is in Core Java, specially multi threading.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Sapient in March 2008.

process wise company is strong and also the way the company have project pool

Interview Questions
    Salary can be bargained over

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Sapient in April 2010.

Tech round Written and Personal Interview, next Attributes and then HR takes a whole day

Interview Questions

Worked for Sapient? Contribute to the Community!