Sapient

Average Difficulty
16 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Sapient in November 2011.

Interview Details – A friend of mine, who works there, submitted a referral for me. A month or two passed by and then someone from HR contacted me to setup a phone interview. The phone interview wasn't very long, as it served just as an introduction with HR and to setup the next interview with a manager.

The phone interview with a manager was a general interview. He asked me to go over my resume, some questions about my skills and work experiences, and some behavioral questions too. Some of the questions that struct me were: " Tell me your strengths and weaknesses", "What do you fear the most about your current job" and "Tell me about your biggest failure on the job".

Apparently I passed that interview, because I was called for 1:1 interview in person. This one was for about 3 hours, where I met three executives separately, for an hour each. This was more difficult, as they asked me a lot of specific questions about projects, project management, databases, finance, technology, etc.

I would recommend that the candidates are honest and talk about their skills and experiences with a positive tone. For example, if you don't have an experience in something, indicate your willingness to learn and mention how you learned something in the past. For negative questions, such as "What was your biggest failure", the best tactic is to be honest and talk about something that went wrong in your experience, but finish with the steps you took to fix it. Also, research the company before going to the interview and prepare some good questions to ask them, they appreciate that.

They will send you an interview package email before the 1:1 interview, so make sure you read all the links in there. There are some Harvard and Yale Business Cases I found in there and they were very helpful.

For the company culture, I can only tell you what my perceptions are so far (I haven't started working there yet). The people seem very nice and willing to help out. They are also very smart and experienced, so you have what to learn from them. They work on projects for clients and that's what you are paid to do as well. In the current climate, it sounds like clients are pushing them for efficiency, which means do more in less time with less resources, so you need to be ok with that. I imagine there will a lot of days when you work long hours, and there is a lot of travel. Some of the travel is quick, like a day or two, and sometimes you can be asked to work 4 days a week in a different location (like another city) and then come back and work the 5th day from home or in the home office. It seems like they pay well and there are opportunities for advancement, if the client and your co-workers like you, so it seems like a good arrangement to me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your strengths and weaknesses.   View Answer
  • Tell me what you fear most about your current job.   View Answer
  • Tell me about your biggest failure in your current job.   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sapient in October 2010.

Interview Details – First had a HR phone interview for 1/2 hour, basic questions on why change in job and what is my experience and skills are. Then next day has a 1/2 hour phone technical interview. This was not much technical, just a chat on technologies that I have worked so for in my projects. Then came the one on one the 4 hour interview. The HR will call you give the details what your interview schedule is and whom with. Be prepared to present, code and talk.

Interview Question – Explain your experience on working in team   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I tried negotiating but the hiring manager talked me out.

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Sapient in December 2009.

Interview Details – Initial phone screen with HR. Rapidly progressed to three 1 hour interviews in person at varying professional levels. Process was very straight-forward and open. First interview was to determine personality fit with the Sapient culture. Typical questions here about dealing with difficult coworkers, demonstrating situations in which you went above and beyond to persuade others, etc. Second interview was the determine domain expertise. In this area, Sapient domain knowledge is very deep - so I'd suggest being very sharp on your domain prior to the interview. Final session was the most informal with a senior member of the staff - who answers questions and helps you understand how Sapient may be a good fit for your career. So far, this was the most professional, efficient, and organized interview process I've ever been through.

Interview Question – Do you think the banks are to blame for the financial meltdown?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Slight negotiation before offer was made. Post offer is made, it is advised not to negotiate further.

Mumbai (India)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Sapient in February 2011.

Interview Details – They call by phone to confirm the interview.
Interview consists of 5 rounds.
1. Round1- Coding Exercise/Technical
2. Coding exercise /Technical
3. telephonic call/technical
4. telephonic call/technical
5. Managerial /HR round

Interview Question – About core of the basics   Answer Question

Interviewed at Sapient

Interview Details – First machine round, then technical interview and them HR round.

Interview Question – most of the questions were conceptual. not much digging into the syntax.   Answer Question

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Sapient in September 2010.

Interview Details – Very thorough so be well prepaed. The first 2 rounds were objective and in detail questions. this was followed by a face 2 face interview round. The 4th round was a general discussion with a person from the senior management and lastly the 5 th round was telephonic with HR.

Interview Question – everything asked was to the role.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Ask for maximum salary hike.

Senior Associate

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Sapient.

Interview Details – 1:Technical Test : Tough but percentile is considered
2:Design problem
3:Design discussion
4:Technical Interview
5: Manager Round
6: HR & Salary Negotiations

Interview Question – Noting was unexpected!   Answer Question

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Sapient in August 2011.

Interview Details – HR personnel who contacted me explained the entire interview process in detail. The good thing is that they provide Taxi pick up and drop for interview if you need it. I did have to wait for some time at reception area before being called.Interview process was held on a weekend at gurgaon. Technical interview consists of 2 parts, First they give you a problem statement for which you need to develop a system. While grading they look at design approach, completeness, test cases, basically your thought process in tackling the question. Next part consist of discussion on your design along with other questions.

Interview Question – Though they may list things like spring J2EE in JD, they don't ask anything from it usually, their entire focus is in Core Java, specially multi threading.   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Sapient in March 2008.

Interview Details – process wise company is strong and also the way the company have project pool

Interview Question – where do you see yourself in next five year   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary can be bargained over

Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Sapient in April 2010.

Interview Details – Tech round Written and Personal Interview, next Attributes and then HR takes a whole day

Interview Question – Tech Round Online test is tricky   Answer Question

Worked for Sapient? Contribute to the Community!