Sapient

3.6

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

The process took a weekinterviewed at Sapient in August 2009.

To preface, I am a former employee at Sapient who left on good terms so my interview process may be out of the norm. I was contacted by a recruiter via LinkedIn. I responded within a few days, but did not hear back for a couple of weeks. I probably would have had to wait longer, except I personally reached out to some friends still at the company to give the recruiter a little nudge.

When the recruiter finally contacted me, he set up an interview fairly quickly. The on-site interview consisted of 3, 1-hour segments which included a personality test, a technology "problem" sheet, and finally a presentation in which you solved the previously mentioned problem.

The personality test consisted of questions revolving around the typical "how do you work in a team environment" or "how did you handle failure" questions. The technology test wasn't particularly challenging, but they are working on more a complicated problem for future interviews.

The office culture has not changed a bit since I left which is definitely a good thing. My interviewers were friendly, engaged, and very fond of their employer. There is a game room with foosball, darts, and pool, which I did not have a chance to play in. From my past experience, the personnel there is top notch and full of very bright, young professionals.

My biggest complaint with the process revolves around their contracted HR department. First, the initial lag time when they contacted me (this is an important point) and when they finally got around to scheduling an interview (or even acknowledging I was alive) is unacceptable.

Second, their HR department definitely tried to give me a "hard sell." Their initial slogan was "we're hiring, bet you don't hear that too much these days" or something along that line, and they definitely tried to use that as a negotiating chip. I was told that my salary expectations weren't realistic and that I should be happy with whatever they offered. When I pushed back, they made it seem like it was a huge hassle to go up the food chain to get me what I wanted, and the recruiter then tried to point out that I was "leaving my company for a reason, so take that into consideration."

Except I wasn't the one who made the first move and they had contacted me. At that point I duly reminded her of who had contacted whom first and how I am still perfectly happy at my current employer. Additionally, their base salary would only MATCH what I currently made, which ultimately didn't cover the cost of jumping ship. At that point the conversation became much friendlier and the pressure tactics stopped.

Interview Questions
  • Convert a traditional mail order inventory system into an online shopping cart. Include a data model, sequence diagram, use cases, and test cases.   View Answer

The HR department was one of the reasons why I left the company in the first place (false promises, not following through, etc). The actual consultants at Sapient are top notch. Additionally, the compensation is mediocre at best, and my title would be a step down from what I currently am doing.

Other Interview Reviews for Sapient

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Sapient in August 2012.

Not much tough questions. Basic on my technology and some tough questions on Data warehouse technology. Data modeling questions and Fact dim questions as well . They are primarily asking on Data flow and control flow , Event handler etc. etc.

Interview Questions
    • Data modeling questions and Fact dim questions as well .They are primarily asking on Data flow and control flow , Event handler etc. etc.Not much tough questions. Basic on my technology and some tough questions on Data warehouse technology.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Sapient in March 2011.

Written test followed by atleasst 3-4 rounds of personal interviews

Interview Questions
    • Write a program to search for all files of a given pattern in a given directory   Answer Question
    Good. sapient is one of the goo pay masters

Senior Associate L1 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sapient in March 2010.

Very professional in their approach as far as hiring goes.
    Initial round of interview with HR/Staffing on phone, then a technical interview 1:1
    the interview was very technical and mostly on my resume and the field in which i work for.
    Once selected, for every project there is another interview, so you have to be prepared that you have to clear that interview to get selected in a project.
    People their want to see how good you can communicate, how are your analytical skills and given in a scenario what is your plan of action.
    The workplace is neat and no cubicles, even for managers and senior managers, first looks seems to be sitting in a cafeteria or cyber cafe without any walls.
    In a way good and in a way bad.

Interview Questions
    Negotiate hard as much as you can, sapient pays good. Given the increments are very less these days so its good to get as much as you can first up.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sapient in February 2010.

Telephonic interview, followed by a Design Interview and then a Face to Face technical interview. Followed by a Manager round and then HR negotiation round.

You'll get what you ask for.