SapientNitro Interview Questions in India

Updated Sep 9, 2014

3.3

81 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Associate Technology L1 Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at SapientNitro.

Very prompt interview process. Got a call from HR associate to discuss job description and expectations. First round was a very unique POC development test. A design mock up was given and i was required to convert it into a solution in best optimized manner. I was given the option to create the POC from home.

Subsequently, a technical round of discussion was scheduled. It was done through skype and lasted for 1.5 hours. Was a good experience. Interviewer was a tech lead and a very skilled person. Questions were mostly regarding fundamentals. Inch deep miles wide.

Last round was more of a behavioral test round, where i was asked about my good and bad experiences in previous companies. How did i react in particular difficult situations. etc.

Last round was HR discussion round for compensation negotiations.

Interview Questions
    • What did i like the least about my project manager from previous organization. Tricky question..!! Isn't it..!! :D   View Answer
    I settled for less. I could have got more. But i didn't go for it all out.
    Focus more on in hand salary rather than annual package.

Associate Technology L2 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at SapientNitro.

There was an walk-in interview on Saturday. My friend referred me for this job. At that time I had experience of 2.5 years in JAVA. The interview process was very simple. There was 3 rounds:

1. Online test (at their campus)
    2. Technical round
    3. HR round

In online test there were mixed questions related to core java, j2ee, jsp, servlet, sql and more..

I was selected in first round then there was a technical round. There were 2 interviewers sitting in a meeting room, they started from my introduction then moved to technical discussion about my last project.

The questions that I remember is about recursion method and spring DI/AOP. It was around 30 minutes technical discussion and I cleared the second round.

Finally there was HR round that was more about my achievements in last company and a question related to a problem statement that if a critical bug is in reported and you are not feeling well today and not able to join office then how will you handle this condition?

This was such a nice interview and all the rounds were simple and more focused. The best thing was that I got the result at the end of the day.

Just join it for good hike and a good opportunities to explore your skill and experience.

Manager Technology Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at SapientNitro.

5 rounds of interview with 2 technical and attribute test and case study
    Got a direct call from the HR, followed by a call from panel to access my skills. They arranged for a weekend interview for which they arranged cab as well. At the Sapient Office, Bangalore, there was a written test in which it was asked to draw the architecture of a given requirement. After which there was another technical round and followed by a managerial round. Manager Technology post is an architect level post so be prepared on the same. Note to mention that I had a long wait for a technical and managerial rounds after the written test.

Associate QA, L2 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at SapientNitro in May 2014.

I was called for an interview by SapientNitro (they got my resume from naukri). The process took about a week. There were 4 rounds
    1) Online test (50 questions - 2 and a half hours)
    2) Case study round (1 hour)
    3)Technical round ( for 1 hour)
    4)Attribute round ( half an hour)

Interview Questions
    • 1) Online test - was based on testing techniques and SQL mostly, they gave queries and we had to choose correct answer (objective)
      2) Case study - was scenario based and to write test cases
      3) Technical - was asked abt testing types like equivalence partitioning etc ... about test estimation and planning, defect life cycle. Be thorough with testing concepts
      4) Attribute round - Was situation based like " how will u handle risk in the project " etc
        Answer Question
    They are not ready to negotiate

Associate Technology L2 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days - interviewed at SapientNitro.

Toughest interview which i ever gave. Quick interview process. Got offer letter with in 3 days of interview. transportation is not good. Admin team is not cooperative. People driven company instead process driven

no negotiation

Visual Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

The process took 2 months - interviewed at SapientNitro in April 2013.

A lengthy process which can start from a month to 2 months depending on their requirements. A portfolio review, followed by a design test to create website design for a brand. Based on your design, you get into a review phase and interview round with the senior art director, if you manage to impress him/her, an HR round- final round for discussing your salary.

Interview Questions
    • Why have you chosen this particular gradation of blue and don't say as its the brand's color ?   Answer Question
    Salary negotiation was horrible, either be ready with another offer so that they would consider what you expect, otherwise it's like "take it or leave it"

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rohtak (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rohtak (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at SapientNitro in August 2014.

First of all there was a test ,conducted by the aspiringminds in the behalf of sapient.
    There was very simple questions...there were four parts English,Arithmetic,Reasoning,and computer.
    It was 2 hours test each part contains the 25 questions..but you need to be accurate.
    Then the sortlisted candidates were called for the interview..
    In the interview question was mainly asked from tree, sorting and some of the puzzles

Interview Questions
    • there was a set of data was given .. and you have to ask which sorting is best and why....   View Answer

Junior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hamīrpur, Himachal Pradesh (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamīrpur, Himachal Pradesh (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at SapientNitro in November 2013.

Campus recruitment : Three stages involved.Clear and move to next approach.An aptitude test.Then a technical interview on skills and puzzles.One to One interview and then Finally H.R. which is one on one too.1 hour of each interview on average.

Interview Questions
    • How to know if there is a loop in the link list.   View Answer

Senior Associate Technology L1 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at SapientNitro in July 2014.

Four rounds of interview conducted. HR was easily approachable throughout. The expect the candidate to be honest all throughout the interview. Be clear on what you have put on your resume.

Design round was quite challenging. But then, if you present your idea well regarding the design, then, you will have good chance for getting selected.

Interview Questions
    • Questions in the attributes round were little unexpected and they analyze more on the initiatives and team management skills that we have applied on the current company.   Answer Question
    Yes, they consider your voice. Feel free to negotiate with the HR person

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jaipur, Rajasthan (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jaipur, Rajasthan (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at SapientNitro.

After Aptitude (which was very simple AMCAT) there were 2 Rounds First was Techical Interview and Next Was Attribute Round (HR).In Techical i was asked questions based on analytical thinking andDBMS Concepts.Some of them i am sharing with you here.

That was all for Techical Round in Attribute Round Questions were basically on New Emerging Technologies in IT field, Questions Related to Ethics like what would you at a particular situations.

Interview Questions
    • 1.) First he introduced himself quite professionally and i was asked to inroduce myself ?

2.) How could you arrange 9 Queens on a chessboard with no additonal piecesand with normal chess rule? (Ans:When i asked him he replied yes it is possible through recursion but i couldn't find a solution yet . :P)

3.) There is a dark room where same number of black and red sockks are kept after picking how many socks one could be sured that he has got a pair of socks ? (ans: N+1)

4.) How you are going to have 8 equal pieces of cake after cutting it through knife in exactly 3 cuts ? (ans:2 Cornes and 1 Planar)

5.) What is Referential Integrity ? (DBMS)

6.) What is Normalisation and describe BCNF ?

7.) What is Constructor Overloading and Constructor Overriding ?

8.) What is Operator Overloading and Operator Overriding ?

9.) difference between printf and echo ?
        Answer Question

Worked for SapientNitro? Contribute to the Community!