SapientNitro

Updated Dec 10, 2014
Updated Dec 10, 2014

3.3

Interactive Developer Interview

Sapient has a large hiring event referred to as "Super Saturday" That takes place in their Boston office. After a brief presentation about the company itself the 30 candidates who were there when I applied were split into two groups of 15. These groups would alternate between a large group event, and three, hour long interviews. These interviews ranged from personality assessments to simulated work environment challenges. The large group event was aimed at discovering how a campaign could take a randomly selected brand name and have it appeal to a randomly selected audience.

Interview Questions
    • The technical interviews were relatively simple and the only two questions I could see people having trouble with would be: Examine the importance of Javascripts "first class" functions, and: Explain the meaning of "cascading" in reference to cascading style sheets   Answer Question

Manager, Program Management Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at SapientNitro in October 2014.

Met some Sapient representatives at my university's career fair. After meeting with them at the fair, I was selected to do an on-campus interview with the organization. After a very long back and forth e-mail exchange, the recruiter finally called me to give me some information about the next step. The recruiter told me that I would be moving forward with a "Super Saturday" event in the upcoming weeks and said that I would be transported down to my location of preference (different from where they were recruiting) to proceed with the event. About two weeks later, I finally was contacted about what was going to happen, but not until I had to ask the recruiter myself. I was informed that I would have to have ANOTHER behavioral interview of roughly the same scope as my first one before I could be passed on to the Super Saturday event. Obviously I didn't get invited back after the interview.

Overall the process really left me hanging on for a very long time and having to wait that long can really mess with your plans. No one in the process was ever rude or anything, but the fact that getting any kind of response required me to ask repeatedly was a little annoying. Most companies that I've been interviewing for usually give me a single document with all the info I need to know on it from day one, even if I don't get pushed on to the next rounds, I wish Sapient would have done the same.

Interview Questions
    • How was your project structured and how did you define requirements in the beginning? Did your project have a clearly defined scope, or did it change over the course of the project?   Answer Question

User Experience Designer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at SapientNitro.

Met with 4 people over the course of a few hours. Some were more interested in my work, others more interested in gauging whether I'd be a good cultural fit.

Interview Questions
    • I got some specific questions about my portfolio and why I chose to do what I did.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at SapientNitro.

After submitting my application I received a follow up call from HR for an interview. I spoke with a supervisor and then another. They asked about previous experience and asked for examples of success. If possible answer questions with actual past work experience other than school.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are basic and easy to understand. Have a list handy of successful outcomes.   Answer Question
    If they talk about keeping you on, speak with HR and supervisors and get a contract or they will lead you on. Don't pass up other opportunities because you want to work for them. HR is hit and miss, mostly because I don't believe they have enough people in that department for the size of the company. Easy to fall through cracks.

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at SapientNitro.

Too many interviews. Lack of response/willingness to make a decision. no one seems to be leading the process. Expectation of candidates to drop everything in order to accomodate their schedule. Attitude of "you should be so lucky to work with us"

Associate Experience Designer L2 Interview

The Nitro team was very responsive and thoughtful throughout the process. I interviewed with 5 people, separately, when I went in. No one was really intimidating or trying to be. Sessions with each interviewer was very conversational.

Interview Questions
    • (Speaking to a specific project in my portfolio...) What was your approach to connect emotionally to users?   Answer Question
    In my case – I was transferring from the DC office (Sapient Government Services), so my salary and position remained the same.

Senior Associate Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at SapientNitro.

1. Referral through current employee (submitted resume).
    2. Phone interview with SapientNitro recruiter.
    3. Phone interview with a Senior Associate Project Manager.
    4. On-Site Interview with a) Program Manager, b) Director of Mobile Program Management, c) Director of South East Program Management, d) Case Study Exercise

Interview Questions
    • I was provided with a case study (sort of a high-level BRD), and was given one hour to white-board out a project plan, resource plan, risk analysis, etc. I then presented my plan to the Director of Program Management as if I was presenting a proposal to a client. It was a great way to show my thought process and program management style.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

First, I had an initial phone discussion with HR, and then I had in person interview with creative director and two directors of project management. During the office visit. I also needed to do a case study and I only had an hour to prepare and present

Interview Questions
    • case study - you only have an hour; need to understand the case, fill up with the white board, and present.   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at SapientNitro in August 2014.

I received an inquiry a few days after submitting my resume. From there they were mainly concerned with fit and made sure that I understood the role I was moving into at Sapient. I wouldn't characterize any of the interviewers I met with as super tough, but they knew what they were looking for in a new hire and were committed to giving me the support I needed to make the transition.

The interview process was 1 phone interview with HR, 1 phone interview with the hiring manager, and 4 in person/skype meetings with my potential peers.

Interview Questions
    • None really - they're looking for fit, not to trick you   View Answer
    Since it was a counter offer I outlined my requirements and they met it exactly. The whole process took around 10 hours. HR has been fantastic (which is a first for me).

Junior User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at SapientNitro in July 2014.

Very casual. No stock interview questions. More of "This is where we're at, and this is what we need." Office space was welcoming and open in the typical creative agency vein. Employees represented this look and feel as well.