SapientNitro Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2015

3.3

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at SapientNitro.

Interview

Phone screening before in-person interview. During the first, in-person interview round, I met with four people - the first two were from Client Services, the second from Strategy, and the third was the MD of Shanghai. All the questions were pretty straight-forward get to you know questions with a few more focused more on my marketing and tech background. I then had a follow-up interview by Skype with their technical lead, as they thought I was better suited for a PM role (I don't have an agency background).

Interview Questions

• Describe a successful marketing campaign from your last role.   Answer Question

Junior Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at SapientNitro (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2015.

Interview

I met with multiple creatives and was asked about my work and given many opportunities to ask questions. I was given valuable insight into their process to see if it would be a good fit for my process. Everyone was great, relatable and knowledgeable. I felt a sense of passion for the work environment.

Interview Questions

• What work interests you?
      What type of job are you looking for?

1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation for the junior level.

Junior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at SapientNitro.

Interview

2 behavioral phone interviews, then an on-site interview that took the whole day. The final interview consisted of a one-on-one technical interview and then a group interview with about 6 other applicants.

Interview Questions

• A long case study question about designing software that could be used by a company primarily involving scheduling. Question itself is difficult and hard to solve in given time. Rest of the 1-1 time was spent talking about past experiences.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at SapientNitro.

Interview

I thought the team members I met were terrific: highly intelligent, motivated, and committed--no question. The issue fundamentally is that I was not interviewed well because of the differences in experience and level.

The process just seemed to stall and while next steps were committed, I haven't heard anything for weeks.

Junior Content Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at SapientNitro (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

Someone within the agency passed my resume along and a recruiter contacted me. I was interested in a position in Atlanta, and the recruiter they put me in contact with was based in Virginia. This recruiter put off my interview for several months. It seemed as if she was having communication issues with the Atlanta office. Then finally a recruiter from Boston got in touch with me and I had a phone interview with the Senior Content Strategy Manager. The interview was great, I just think the recruiters have a hard time communicating with departments outside of their own office.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite class at UGA? Do you have any content strategy experience?   Answer Question

Junior Associate, Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at SapientNitro (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Contacted to attend an on-site interview, called Super Friday, that took the entire day. There were about ten or so other candidates. Some were there for the junior tech role and some were there for the business analyst role. There was a group presentation and an one-on-one technical interview. For the group presentation, you are given a topic and have less than one hour to brainstorm and present.

Interview Questions

• Given about 45 minutes to analyze a case study question that involving scheduling.   Answer Question

Junior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at SapientNitro in March 2015.

Interview

the interview consisted of call from a hiring manager who. berates you with a bunch of questions. I had no time to prepare or any prior knowledge of when was going to take place. The senior hiring manager sounded as though he was reading off a list of predetermined questions and had no expertise in programming.

Interview Questions

• what are the principles of Object oriented programming and give a relevant example of each?   Answer Question
    • The difference between a foriegn key and primary key in database management   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at SapientNitro.

Interview

I submitted my resume at a campus career fair. I was then contacted by the campus recruiter for an initial phone interview, which was conducted by a senior level person from the strategy department. I was then invited to Super Saturday in Boston, which was enjoyable but very exhausting. It included four main parts: group activity, case study presentation, skill-based interview, and personality-based interview. Everyone was friendly, and the day ended with beer and an opportunity to mingle.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at SapientNitro in December 2014.

Interview

Interview process consists of one-on-ones with several members of the team, both supervisory & peer level. You are given a client problem to solve, one hour alone in a room, & a white-board on which to draft your strategy & pitch. At the end of an hour, you have to do a 30 minute role play exercise as part of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• You are given a client problem to solve, one hour alone in a room, & a white-board on which to draft your strategy & pitch. At the end of an hour, you have to do a 30 minute role play exercise as part of the interview process.   Answer Question

The team seemed overworked, frazzled, unhappy with the organization's processes and overall communication structure.

Interview

Sapient has a large hiring event referred to as "Super Saturday" That takes place in their Boston office. After a brief presentation about the company itself the 30 candidates who were there when I applied were split into two groups of 15. These groups would alternate between a large group event, and three, hour long interviews. These interviews ranged from personality assessments to simulated work environment challenges. The large group event was aimed at discovering how a campaign could take a randomly selected brand name and have it appeal to a randomly selected audience.

Interview Questions

• The technical interviews were relatively simple and the only two questions I could see people having trouble with would be: Examine the importance of Javascripts "first class" functions, and: Explain the meaning of "cascading" in reference to cascading style sheets   Answer Question