Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Sappi Fine PaperMore
- No OfferPositive ExperienceEasy InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks – interviewed at Sappi Fine Paper (Westbrook, ME) in September 2011.
Worked primarily through the recruiter to set everything up. There was a long delay between the initial screening and the decision to move forward with the panel interview.
I had a very positive experience on the interview itself. They were very nice and seemed to go out of their way to make me feel comfortable. My impression is that these were down-to-earth, but very smart people. Sappi seems like it would be a good place to work.
- Do you feel, when working with new technology, that you need to study and understand it in great depth before starting actual experiments? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
interviewed at Sappi Fine Paper (Portland, ME) in May 2010.
Multiple interview rounds with cross-functional leaders. People were prepared and had a list of questions to ask. Most people very friendly and open. Seemed to enjoy working for Sappi. Officesetting small and functional - many cubicles but good open work atmosphere. HR very organized and ready to provide orientation/answer benefits questions .Benefits OK .
- What was your biggest project failure and what did you learn from it. Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks – interviewed at Sappi Fine Paper (Westbrook, ME) in May 2010.
1st you submit resume, then you take a skills and mechanical aptitude test, then you wait for the call to see if you passed. Then once you get the call they set up a panel interview, with a few hiring commitees, then once you've passed with the panels, you get called with a drug screen appt and a tentative start date, your first week of work is classromm style orientation, then you go to your respective dept for dept specific training
- what my i feel I needed to improve on or my worst trait in the workplace 1 Answer