Sara Lee Interview Questions

2.9

Supply Chain Interview

Contacted by HR recruiter one month after applying on the company website. Interviewed by six managers from three cross functional departments Managers were very nice and interview process was very lengthy.

Interview Questions
    • Describe in detail how you would help a coworker that was having difficulty in completing a project.   Answer Question

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Superior, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Superior, WI

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sara Lee.

Easiet interview I ever had. Just want you to have reliable transportation and maybe some experience in customer service. There was no behavior questions.They want you to have a car and show up everyday. If you can convince them that you're not a lazy person you'll get hired. Good luck!

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. They just need someone reliable.   Answer Question
    No negotiations.

Senior Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sara Lee in October 2011.

I haven't completed the process yet. I have had 1 screening phone interview with the recruiter which I passed. I had 1 phone interview with the manager which I am awaiting results on. I was given a 2 week time frame for which she said they would contact me to let me know if I will be moving forward with an onsite interview. The onsite interview will consist of a case study, interview with another manager and interview with the director.

Procurement Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sara Lee in September 2011.

The phone interview was brief but effective. Panel interview was unfair. Questions did not apply to position. One person was late and disrupted the process. The Excel test was riduculous and nobody I have ever worked with in purchasing would pass this test.

Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sara Lee in June 2011.

just the normal behavioral

Multicultural Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sara Lee in April 2011.

I got my information in the HR department though a direct recommendation of a colleague who knew the hiring manager and I was expecting him to call, not HR. Any way, sometimes can be a requirement of HR to be the first to talk to me. The interview went for about 45 minutes and it was to focused on small details of the resume instead of requirements of the job and questions about how I was qualified to take over them. It was a very different interview from all the others. I unfortunately did not had a specific job description and that is always hard, since you can not prepared as you should. If that happens to you with Sara Lee or any other company try to insist on a description. I think helps both sides.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about interacting with different departments of the company while managing the multicultural strategy of several brands and their owners at the same time?   View Answer

Contracts Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sara Lee in April 2011.

I was phone-screened by the recruiter and then phone interviewed by the hiring manager. Interview was on a conversational level. The changes going on at the company was discussed. The current company goals were discussed. My background and qualifications were discussed. The position for which I was applying was a temporary position - approx 7 month position - and the interviewer was very interested iHavn the level to which I could interpret and manipulate excel formulas and algorythyms. The next step is to interview with the IT procurement lead. This did not happen. The recruiter has been non-responsive to my questions regarding opportunity status. Having only been in the job searching arena for two months I am not sure if this lack of communication is common; it is very annoying and discourteous.

Interview Questions
    • Are you aware of all the change that is occuring here at Sara Lee?   Answer Question
    • Describe an experience you had in the negotiation of contract terms, conditions and pricing.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Sara Lee in November 2010.

I had a phone interview, questions like tell me about yourself, there was allot of questions on P and L analysis, forecasting budgeting, sales and marketing, qtys, products, reporting structures. years of experience, and product lines. Is travel required, why are you leaving your current job, how would you market a product. Whats your currect salary and vacation expectations.

Sales Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sara Lee in June 2010.

Interviewed via phone then flown to Dallas for interview. HR rep didn't seem to know what was happening with the hiring manager and that piece of the process. It was frustrating because the hiring manager made me an offer, then the HR person said she still needed to interview me again which I thought was backward.

Interview Questions
    I was made an offer considerably below my expectations but because of my circumstances, I felt compelled to accept.

Category Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sara Lee in March 2010.

Selling off divisions as I was interviewing for the position within those divisions? Not sure what that says about the company as a whole. I felt the interviewer was trying to catch me in lies about my resume. I took it as a insult and did not return any declined offer.

Call and email