Sara Lee

Sara Lee Interview Questions

2.9

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sara Lee in March 2010.

I received an initial phone interview and I thought all went well. I was told I would be contacted next week since they had more people to interview. I didn't hear back, so I sent two emails to the HR manager. Still no word 2 weeks later.

Business Development Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exton, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exton, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sara Lee in February 2010.

First i had to do a standard Phone interview with human resources. I then needed to do a power point presentation using a pile of IRI data presented to a few people. I interviewed with the manager and the Vp of sales who were both great, followed by a one on one dinner interview.

Interview Questions
    The Sara Lee policies are structured so there is not much room for negotiation.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sara Lee in January 2010.

Long, repetitive questions from each person

Interview Questions
    • Time you made a decision that went against your boss?   View Answer

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sara Lee in January 2010.

The interview panel consisted of the HR Manager and the Production manager. The pannel asked a large number of questions, "Describe a time when you had trouble with an employee, difficult situation, how did you handle it ect". Did not go well, It was late in the day and it was clear the panel was more interested in going home than the process. I was promised notification, however they never called back even after several calls and emails to determine status of process.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had a communication challenge and how did you overcome that challenge?   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sara Lee in November 2009.

I was called for a phone interview. the hr person was nice and very helpful....

Invoice Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sara Lee in October 2009.

the process was very thorough

Continuous Improvement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sara Lee in May 2009.

I received a phone call asking to set up a phone interview. The phone interview consisted of basic questions about my experience with a couple of examples requested. Salary requirements were asked for directly.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time you had to manage a difficult interpersonal situation.   Answer Question

Lead Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sara Lee in March 2009.

SL likes a can do attitude, be inspired, but be prepared to work very hard.
    They want the world from you but not willing to pay for it. Interview process was typical
    they are very particular in what they want and play the who you know game.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sara Lee in January 2009.

Applied for an open position. Received an e-mail from a recruiting coordinator to schedule the interviews -- met with three people in the Department. Interviewed with a peer, pretty standard job-related behavioral-based interview; interviewed with the hiring manager (a VP) -- interview was less behavior-based, more tell me about your experience in certain areas -- more fit oriented. Then interviewed with SVP in charge of the group. This interview was definitely fit-related, why choose an internal role (was in consulting before), why was I interested in Sara Lee.

Not much room for negotiation.

Account Management Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sara Lee.

5 interviews, very good in general and normal handling. no chit chat... just very down to earth.

Interview Questions
    • How to project my skills into the job daily?   View Answer

Because I was on a consulting job that I could not let in the middle and thought the job lacked of international background for me.