Satmetrix

Updated Oct 1, 2014

3.1

Tech Writer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Satmetrix in December 2013.

I applied for a tech writer intern position that was posted on indeed and my graduate school website. I contacted the HR manager directly (by e-mail) to make sure my materials were viewed and then was contacted by a recruiter. In my first conversation the reviewer told me about the role. Next I had a phone conversation with the person who would be my supervisor and finally an in person interview with the person who would be my supervisor and the director. The in person interview lasted 1 hour and at the end I was offered the position, although the salary was non negotiable (I asked). While it was a pleasant interviewing experience, I was interviewing at several places and was given a more compelling offer which allowed greater career growth and more than twice the pay. Everyone was pleasant and friendly throughout the process, and I would interview at the company again for a different position.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked if I would be available for night-time phone conversations to coordinate with their team in India (13 hour time difference).   Answer Question

I received a more compelling offer in a market research position. In addition, the pay was lower than what I was already paid for similar work.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Satmetrix in August 2012.

Basic interview questions by gm and a few team members. Usually ask people to demonstrate salesforce and will try and throw you off with trick questions.

Interview Questions
    • Not that difficult if they like you. If they don't, they will purposely try and screw you up.   Answer Question

Discovered product has had a lot of problems.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Satmetrix in May 2010.

Spoke with several people in the marketing and sales department. The marketing folks seemed very nice and knowledgeable in the jobs. Had to come back several times to meet with different people then was put on the back burner while they spoke to someone else. A trying process. None of the interviews was particularly difficult, but I was applying for a position that I was very qualified for.

Interview Questions
    • How do you justify your marketing programs when sales doesn't make their number?   Answer Question

Two of the sales reps I spoke with made it really obvious that they were looking for a marketing person they could blame their poor sales on. I don't work well in that type of environment. After that conversation I also read some of the employee reviews on Glassdoor and it seems the staff and management teams were out of alignment. Decided to take another position that was offered by a different company. Had Satmetrix made me an offer a week earlier I might have accepted. Glad thet didn't.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Satmetrix in July 2009.

Meetings with VP Sales and CEO. Pretty standard questions. Lunch meetings. Reviewed sales strategy and market developments.

They made an acceptable offer and I accepted straight away.

Implementation Engineer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Satmetrix.

Very good. I was interviewed by one of the best guys in PERL in India. Later on, the master of PERL called me on my mobile from US. At the end of the call, he told me that "Boy, You cleared my round" which I had never heard from any of my interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • What do you want yourself doing after 5 yrs of your stint here in this company?   View Answer
    Simple. I got the best in the industry.

Customer Accounts Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Satmetrix in February 2012.

2 stage process (telephone based, followed by panel presntation and interview)

Reasonable. Collaborative

Performance Testing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Satmetrix in June 2011.

Straightforward typical interview. Standard QA questions were asked. Was interviewed by Practice Head as it is a growing company. Many questions related to current problems faced within organization and what solution can be given.

Interview Questions
    • give examples of performance tuning that you had done or assited with in earlier jobs   View Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thiruvananthapuram (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thiruvananthapuram (India)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Satmetrix in January 2008.

General technical questions

There was no need to negotiate