Satmetrix

Relevance Date Difficulty

Tech Writer Intern Interview

Tech Writer Intern
San Mateo, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Satmetrix in December 2013.

Interview Details – I applied for a tech writer intern position that was posted on indeed and my graduate school website. I contacted the HR manager directly (by e-mail) to make sure my materials were viewed and then was contacted by a recruiter. In my first conversation the reviewer told me about the role. Next I had a phone conversation with the person who would be my supervisor and finally an in person interview with the person who would be my supervisor and the director. The in person interview lasted 1 hour and at the end I was offered the position, although the salary was non negotiable (I asked). While it was a pleasant interviewing experience, I was interviewing at several places and was given a more compelling offer which allowed greater career growth and more than twice the pay. Everyone was pleasant and friendly throughout the process, and I would interview at the company again for a different position.

Interview Question – I was asked if I would be available for night-time phone conversations to coordinate with their team in India (13 hour time difference).   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I received a more compelling offer in a market research position. In addition, the pay was lower than what I was already paid for similar work.

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
San Mateo, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Satmetrix in July 2009.

Interview Details – Meetings with VP Sales and CEO. Pretty standard questions. Lunch meetings. Reviewed sales strategy and market developments.

Negotiation Details – They made an acceptable offer and I accepted straight away.

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
North Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Satmetrix in August 2012.

Interview Details – Basic interview questions by gm and a few team members. Usually ask people to demonstrate salesforce and will try and throw you off with trick questions.

Interview Question – Not that difficult if they like you. If they don't, they will purposely try and screw you up.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Discovered product has had a lot of problems.

Marketing Interview

Marketing
San Mateo, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Satmetrix in May 2010.

Interview Details – Spoke with several people in the marketing and sales department. The marketing folks seemed very nice and knowledgeable in the jobs. Had to come back several times to meet with different people then was put on the back burner while they spoke to someone else. A trying process. None of the interviews was particularly difficult, but I was applying for a position that I was very qualified for.

Interview Question – How do you justify your marketing programs when sales doesn't make their number?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Two of the sales reps I spoke with made it really obvious that they were looking for a marketing person they could blame their poor sales on. I don't work well in that type of environment. After that conversation I also read some of the employee reviews on Glassdoor and it seems the staff and management teams were out of alignment. Decided to take another position that was offered by a different company. Had Satmetrix made me an offer a week earlier I might have accepted. Glad thet didn't.

Customer Accounts Manager Interview

Customer Accounts Manager
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Satmetrix in February 2012.

Interview Details – 2 stage process (telephone based, followed by panel presntation and interview)

Negotiation Details – Reasonable. Collaborative

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Thiruvananthapuram (India)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Satmetrix in January 2008.

Interview Details – General technical questions

Negotiation Details – There was no need to negotiate

Performance Testing Interview

Performance Testing
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Satmetrix in June 2011.

Interview Details – Straightforward typical interview. Standard QA questions were asked. Was interviewed by Practice Head as it is a growing company. Many questions related to current problems faced within organization and what solution can be given.

Interview Question – give examples of performance tuning that you had done or assited with in earlier jobs   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Satmetrix? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Satmetrix interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Satmetrix employees and interview candidates.