Saudi Aramco

Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Geophyscist Interview

Research Geophyscist
Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Saudi Aramco in October 2012.

Interview Details – explain what you did in the past

Interview Question – basic math of signal processing, numerical solver to wave equation, inversion method, not hard   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – poor salary

Very Easy Interview

Exploration Systems Analyst Interview

Exploration Systems Analyst
Houston, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Saudi Aramco.

Interview Details – Very impressive process. Currently the promise stuff the can not deliver. At least in exploration they are having a hard time hiring people salaries are too low. It is a great place to raise a family. Lots of opportunities to travel,etc. they has been many things lost over the years. Girls sports almost Jon existent. My ears ago, there was swim kin, softball,dance, all driven by western expatriates. No it no longer exists

Interview Question – No question they ask, any qualified western can not answer   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Long. Even years ago it took months. Now it can take up to a year

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at Saudi Aramco

Interview Details – As student intern there were no interview for the internship, I just filled up the application and I attached my documents and the except it.

Interview Question – As student intern there were no interview for the internship, I just filled up the application and I attached my documents and the except it.   Answer Question

Leadership Development Advisor Interview

Leadership Development Advisor
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Saudi Aramco in May 2013.

Interview Details – 3 Interviews before final written offer. One was in person, and the other two were via skype and telephone. Long and arduous process!

Interview Question – What do you bring to the table?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accepted the offer as received. It was better than I had hoped.

Teacher Interview

Teacher
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Saudi Aramco.

Interview Details – There is a significant difference between being employed as a contractor and being employed directly by Aramco. If you have the opportunity be employed directly by Aramco as the benefits and pay are significantly better than working only as a contractor. This does not only include pay but also benefits such as housing, air plane tickets, length of vacation, and many other perks.

Interview Question – There were no inappropriate or unusual questions. Just know the job and what you are expected to do.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Some people negotiate for higher salaries, especially if they are not a direct hire.

Creative Director Interview

Creative Director
Houston, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Saudi Aramco in December 2013.

Interview Details – Interview was conducted in their Houston location in a jammed packed 10x10 small room, with 3 individuals + myself; so 4 of us total. I believe they were interviewing for multiple positions in a very short span of time, my guess 10 interviews per day minimum... almost on a scavenger hunt. I believe I met their CMO out of Dhahran, an American but then there was a weird individual; who almost intimidated me and looked like a Saudi individual but on a higher position (well connected / influenced). I was easily intimidated because they put me in a spot, the Saudi guy made it look like... he is doing me a favor or something. Anyways, interestingly enough they even had a local Graphic Designer (from Houston) in the room for asking questions - how does that make any sense? They were not even sure which position I was called in for. And on top of that I felt I was discriminated by that "Saudi King" in the room.

Interview Question – Saudi King: You have to really convenience me, why you're the best. Really, really, really convenience me, go.   View Answer

Senior Project Engineer Interview

Senior Project Engineer

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Saudi Aramco in December 2013.

Interview Details – Face to face interview is the best thing to do here to get more insight into the job.

Interview Question – Why we should hire you?   View Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Mechanical Engineer
Washington, DC

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Saudi Aramco in May 2013.

Interview Details – There were four interviewers from the PRD and the first thing they asked me to do was to tell them the best of me in one minute. After that, they went through me resume and asked me couple questions about it. They explained to me responsbities of the mechanical engineer at PRD.

Interview Question – The only technical question was to talk about the HVAC systems and how they work in general.   Answer Question

Field Compliance Coordinator II Interview

Field Compliance Coordinator II
Houston, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Saudi Aramco in February 2013.

Interview Details – I have been made offers by Armaco on 2 separate occasions 2 years apart. Accepted the offers both occasions. Did not make it to the orientation the first time, offer w/drawn. 2nd time my passport was in Houston for processing. Offer withdrawn for background. No explanation either time.

Interview Question – Wanted to know about my industrial safety background.   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – After I already accepted the offer and came to Houston for a second time for a physical and sent my passport to the embassy, the offer was withdrawn. No explanation given.

Individual Contributor - Leadership Development Interview

Individual Contributor - Leadership Development
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Saudi Aramco in February 2013.

Interview Details – For full disclosure - I did not get an offer for the position.

I received an email inviting me to an interview in Houston for a leadership development position. Alternate dates were proposed to coordinate with the hiring manager's visit to Houston. I chose a date and waited for confirmation.

2 weeks prior to the interview date the recruiter called to explain there had been a mix up in dates - the hiring manager's schedule had been unclear. Fortunately I was flexible and waited for confirmation.

Days before the interview I received confirmation for hotel accommodations as I was flying from the West Coast. 2 days before the interview I had not gotten a flight schedule but was told it was coming. Got the flight details the day before the flight.

If I were currently employed the poor planning would have been very frustrating.

I arrived early ahead of the interview time and checked in. The interview started an hour later than the scheduled time.

The interview went well I thought and the hiring manager made a request to the recruiting group to schedule my flight for the next day so we could have additional time to talk about the major change and leadership development initiative at Aramco. I did get some red flags, though, including the hiring manager telling me he thought the Saudis were 'lazy'. The project and work was so exciting that I was willing to overlook the comment. I was told that I would hear something in 2 weeks.

Three + weeks passed with no response so I called the recruiter. She told me that the interview was met favorably and that there was a Saudi management approval process. I should expect word within a week. A week and a half passed - I called - and the recruiter said she didn't know why a decision wasn't forthcoming and that other candidates in the same division were moving forward. She said she would send an email to Saudi Arabia. (Not looking good at this point). I hear nothing and call again after a week or so and the recruiter responded that it is difficult getting information from Saudi Arabia. Another week went by and I wrote an email directly to the hiring manager for some indication of status. Within 24 hours, nearly 2 months since the interview, I received an email from the recruiter informing me that my qualifications were not commensurate with the position. That was kind of bizarre but at least I got something.

I was reimbursed for expenses promptly.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Saudi Aramco

Worked for Saudi Aramco? Contribute to the Community!