Saudi Aramco Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2015

2.8

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Saudi Aramco.

Interview

Submitted a resume online, heard from the company 3 months later. Had 2 telephone interviews and 1 video-conference interview. The people that I spoke with were friendly and professional. Asked technical questions and reviewed my resume.

Interview Questions

• The interviews went very well. Everybody was very friendly. After 3 interviews they then they sent me an application to fill out that requested the gender and ages of my dependents and my spouse's complete name, birthdate, and social security number. Completely illegal practice. There was an actual line on the application that stated unless every line on the application was filled out then it would be null and void and every line must be filled in order to apply for the job.   1 Answer

Electrical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ponce, PR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Saudi Aramco (Ponce, PR).

Interview

Company came to Puerto Rico to hire Engineers and gave a single interview. After the interview they made a salary offer and told me of the site where I will work. They offered a very nice pay and overseas package that I accepted. Worked for five years and should've stay longer. They have very good work conditions and pay.

Interview Questions

• What did I do in the Petrochemical Plant. The equipment and systems that I worked on and how much did I new about them.   1 Answer
    • Was I familiar with Preventive Maintenance programs.   1 Answer
    • Can you work at high temperature conditions and are you willing to take a medical test.   1 Answer
    • How do you feel about working in far away country for a long time.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offer was so good that there was nothing to negotiate.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Saudi Aramco (Houston, TX).

Interview

Everything was done via email. The recruiting team was top notch. Unfortunately, I was completely dissatisfied with the two men from Saudi Arabia who Interviewed me. They kept mentioning my age (I look younger than I am). It was quite uncomfortable. Lucky for me I was offered the job I wanted (not this one).

Material Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Saudi Aramco (Houston, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

Interviewed twice.

First time the team was very disorganized and I was shifted from room to room while they tried to determine "fit". People who interviewed me had no idea who I was or even a copy of my resume. Saudi just read his phone throughout. No offer from that one - hardly a surprise.

Second interview went very smoothly: focused, good conversation and to the point. I was told right there that an offer would come.

Exploration Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Saudi Aramco (Houston, TX).

Interview

Very impressive process. Currently the promise stuff the can not deliver. At least in exploration they are having a hard time hiring people salaries are too low. It is a great place to raise a family. Lots of opportunities to travel,etc. they has been many things lost over the years. Girls sports almost Jon existent. My ears ago, there was swim kin, softball,dance, all driven by western expatriates. No it no longer exists

Interview Questions

• No question they ask, any qualified western can not answer   1 Answer

Negotiation

Long. Even years ago it took months. Now it can take up to a year

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Saudi Aramco in April 2014.

Interview

You should know how you can add value and explain how they will benefit. Understand the history of the company, have knowledge of the country and its customs. You should also try to network with people who work there. I contacted them and they were quick to connect, but did not continue when I asked them follow-up questions.

Intern Interview

Interview

Interview Questions

• As student intern there were no interview for the internship, I just filled up the application and I attached my documents and the except it.   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Saudi Aramco (Houston, TX).

Interview

There is a significant difference between being employed as a contractor and being employed directly by Aramco. If you have the opportunity be employed directly by Aramco as the benefits and pay are significantly better than working only as a contractor. This does not only include pay but also benefits such as housing, air plane tickets, length of vacation, and many other perks.

Interview Questions

• There were no inappropriate or unusual questions. Just know the job and what you are expected to do.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Some people negotiate for higher salaries, especially if they are not a direct hire.

Creative Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Saudi Aramco (Houston, TX) in December 2013.

Interview

Interview was conducted in their Houston location in a jammed packed 10x10 small room, with 3 individuals + myself; so 4 of us total. I believe they were interviewing for multiple positions in a very short span of time, my guess 10 interviews per day minimum... almost on a scavenger hunt. I believe I met their CMO out of Dhahran, an American but then there was a weird individual; who almost intimidated me and looked like a Saudi individual but on a higher position (well connected / influenced). I was easily intimidated because they put me in a spot, the Saudi guy made it look like... he is doing me a favor or something. Anyways, interestingly enough they even had a local Graphic Designer (from Houston) in the room for asking questions - how does that make any sense? They were not even sure which position I was called in for. And on top of that I felt I was discriminated by that "Saudi King" in the room.

Interview Questions

• Saudi King: You have to really convenience me, why you're the best. Really, really, really convenience me, go.   1 Answer

Senior Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Saudi Aramco in December 2013.

Interview

Face to face interview is the best thing to do here to get more insight into the job.