Saudi Aramco Interview Questions

2.8

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Saudi Aramco in May 2013.

There were four interviewers from the PRD and the first thing they asked me to do was to tell them the best of me in one minute. After that, they went through me resume and asked me couple questions about it. They explained to me responsbities of the mechanical engineer at PRD.

Interview Questions
    • The only technical question was to talk about the HVAC systems and how they work in general.   Answer Question

Leadership Development Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Saudi Aramco in May 2013.

3 Interviews before final written offer. One was in person, and the other two were via skype and telephone. Long and arduous process!

Interview Questions
    I accepted the offer as received. It was better than I had hoped.

Individual Contributor - Leadership Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Saudi Aramco in February 2013.

For full disclosure - I did not get an offer for the position.

I received an email inviting me to an interview in Houston for a leadership development position. Alternate dates were proposed to coordinate with the hiring manager's visit to Houston. I chose a date and waited for confirmation.

2 weeks prior to the interview date the recruiter called to explain there had been a mix up in dates - the hiring manager's schedule had been unclear. Fortunately I was flexible and waited for confirmation.

Days before the interview I received confirmation for hotel accommodations as I was flying from the West Coast. 2 days before the interview I had not gotten a flight schedule but was told it was coming. Got the flight details the day before the flight.

If I were currently employed the poor planning would have been very frustrating.

I arrived early ahead of the interview time and checked in. The interview started an hour later than the scheduled time.

The interview went well I thought and the hiring manager made a request to the recruiting group to schedule my flight for the next day so we could have additional time to talk about the major change and leadership development initiative at Aramco. I did get some red flags, though, including the hiring manager telling me he thought the Saudis were 'lazy'. The project and work was so exciting that I was willing to overlook the comment. I was told that I would hear something in 2 weeks.

Three + weeks passed with no response so I called the recruiter. She told me that the interview was met favorably and that there was a Saudi management approval process. I should expect word within a week. A week and a half passed - I called - and the recruiter said she didn't know why a decision wasn't forthcoming and that other candidates in the same division were moving forward. She said she would send an email to Saudi Arabia. (Not looking good at this point). I hear nothing and call again after a week or so and the recruiter responded that it is difficult getting information from Saudi Arabia. Another week went by and I wrote an email directly to the hiring manager for some indication of status. Within 24 hours, nearly 2 months since the interview, I received an email from the recruiter informing me that my qualifications were not commensurate with the position. That was kind of bizarre but at least I got something.

I was reimbursed for expenses promptly.

Field Compliance Coordinator II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Saudi Aramco in February 2013.

I have been made offers by Armaco on 2 separate occasions 2 years apart. Accepted the offers both occasions. Did not make it to the orientation the first time, offer w/drawn. 2nd time my passport was in Houston for processing. Offer withdrawn for background. No explanation either time.

Interview Questions
    After I already accepted the offer and came to Houston for a second time for a physical and sent my passport to the embassy, the offer was withdrawn. No explanation given.

Industrial Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Saudi Aramco.

Questions were focused on experience with certain equipment, technical and on overseas experiences

Interview Questions
    • Give us an example of a complex process control loop then asked to draw it on flip chart   Answer Question

Research Geophyscist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Saudi Aramco in October 2012.

explain what you did in the past

Interview Questions
    • basic math of signal processing, numerical solver to wave equation, inversion method, not hard   Answer Question
    poor salary

Content Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Saudi Aramco in September 2012.

I was invited for an interview 4 months after applying, which was a first for me, but is common for SA due to the high volume of applicants. The interview was the most engaging, challenging, and positive interviews I've ever had. The panel was knowledgeable and interested.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to read sample of my wiring, which was unusual, but very refreshing. The panel was very receptive.   Answer Question

Project Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Saudi Aramco in August 2010.

It takes a long, long time to go through the process and the background check is very thorough. Sometimes, it seems as if there are lot of hurdles to cross (and there are) but Aramco has a process that works. The interview and information session went well and if they are really interested, you get a call back rather quickly after interview. In my case, I got an offer within a week of the interview. The information session is spot on as they do a great job of describing life in Saudi Arabia. The staff at Aramco Services is very good and they are very pleasant and they do a good job of working for you. If you are going through the process, be patient...it will eventually happen. The waiting is the most agonizing part of the process. Interview is fairly standard and just be sure you know your job and you'll get an offer. They know if you have been doing the job through your answers so apply for something you are good at. Best wishes and hope to see you here after the process!

Interview Questions
    • Describe the EPC process and the interactions.   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate without appearing to be greedy. I had a counteroffer from my employer and Aramco was good about revising my offer.

Project Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Saudi Aramco in January 2008.

submitted the cv and was asked lots of questions about my experience and how ai am going to contibute to the company and the project in specific in houston. what qualifications did i have to join the team and work on the projects. i passed and joined the team in houston..

excellent

Procurement Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Saudi Aramco.

Panel of three interviewers very relaxed and professional environment. Briefed on the roles and responsibilities of the position and the department and then asked questions around your resume and job experience

Interview Questions
    • How is procurement done in your current organistion   View Answer