Sauer-Danfoss Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated May 11, 2014
7 interviews

3.1

Engineer Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sauer-Danfoss in April 2014.

Over the phone interview with recruiter and then separately with the hiring mngr. Invited for in-person interview. Met with 8 different people from different functions. In-person was 6-hour (all-day) process with several would-be counterparts. Out to lunch with some of the team.

Interview Questions
    • Named two alloys and asked which would vibrate more readily.   Answer Question

Lower salary of two offers.

Advanced Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Ames, IA
    Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Sauer-Danfoss in February 2013.

Had a telephone interview with the recruiter who contacted me, followed by a telephone interview with the engineering manager, followed by a visit to the Danfoss Power Solutions facility in Ames, IA.

Was not offered job, they are still looking to hire as of April 18, 2014. Was surprised on not being offered - they got back immediately in a week, through the recruiter. Was not given clear reasons, except something vague and evasive along the lines of 'you are not adding anything particularly new to the team'.

Interview Questions
    • Difficult technical Q : Was asked to predict what would happen in a load-sensing hydraulic circuit under various conditions.
      Unexpected behavioral Q : what is a quality in you that someone you love the most, cringes at?
        Answer Question

Cell Expert; Quality Control/Assurance; Safety Action/Awareness Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lawrence, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, KS

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Sauer-Danfoss in June 2010.

Manpower temp to hire position; informative and thorough process during the interview

Interview Questions
    • Long term goals? Still trips me up every time.   View Answer

Sales Tool Development Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ames, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ames, IA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Sauer-Danfoss in November 2011.

There were three separate group interviews and 30 minutes each. First with HR, and second with your direct manager and third with the director. Question is basically about your past experience and your thought about the company.

Interview Questions
    • Have you had any experience on Visual Basic?   View Answer
    no negotiation when come to the pay

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Freeport, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freeport, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sauer-Danfoss in July 2009.

I actually went to the company looked around . Talk to the supervisior & let them know what type of experience i have. filled out an application and waited for a responds.

Interview Questions
    • why do u want to be a part of the company?   View Answer

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Kolding (Denmark)
    Anonymous Employee in Kolding (Denmark)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sauer-Danfoss in February 2013.

Pscy test and IQ type test. All very standard, and you can practise this sort of thing on the www. All done via internet. Invite to interview.
    Part 1 was with HR, lasting one hour, straightforward, asked why I wanted to work, how my experienced related to this job.
    Part 2 was with the hiring manager (same day as part 1) - this was really very difficult.

SAP Super-User Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Sauer-Danfoss in November 2008.

Questions centered on my experience in implementing SAP R-3 as they needed assistance in the implementation process.

Interview Questions
    • Explain you background in implementing SAP at your prior employer. Does the amount of traveling involved pose a problem in your personal life?   Answer Question

Worked for Sauer-Danfoss? Contribute to the Community!