Sava Senior Care Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015
Updated Mar 23, 2015

2.4

Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Sava Senior Care.

Interview

Interviewed with 2 other applicants. Interview was about 30 min. Questions were based on personal decision making based on different scenarios. Basically just provide honest answers to what you would do when presented with different difficult situations. I was confident with my interview, but I found out that the person that got the position was referred and highly recommended by another therapist there.

Interview Questions

• What admirable qualities did I have as a therapist that separated me from other COTAs to make me the best choice to be for the position?   1 Answer

Cook Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sava Senior Care.

Interview

Paper Application at the time, i was asked minimal questions because i knew someone who worked there. Very clique, but this has changed over the years. Took a couple months to get a call back. Since Housekeeping and Kitchen departments have been bought out and run by an outside agency

Interview Questions

• Do you have a problem wearing a certain color uniform   1 Answer

Negotiation

There really wasn't any negotiation, i was asked if the amount was good, i accepted because i was in high school and anything sounded great

Physical Therapist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sava Senior Care.

Interview

They tried to low ball me with hourly rate from the beginning but talked up the benefits, which I was unable to afford. No one seemed too care if the job would be a good fit for me or the building.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a problem supervising multiple assistants?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Confusing

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sava Senior Care (Hamilton, IL).

Interview

The process was very brief with a standard interview with the DON, an on the spot offer, urine test and started work 2 days later. There is a nursing shortage in the rural areas which makes the process shorter.

Interview Questions

• The questions were the standard ones that all companies ask now. More based on why the applicant is interested in the position/company and not on specific skills/knowledge.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The salary was not negotiable and the staff had not received a raise for several years when I started.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sava Senior Care (Atlanta, GA) in September 2014.

Interview

Three interviews- First interview with the Hiring Manager and VP, Second interview was with other department manager and last interview was with the Hiring Manager to see if I understood the position and also to ask final questions.

Offer was rescinded during negotiation. I asked for $10,000 more which I thought they would meet me in the middle), if the waiting period on 401k matching could be waive and for an additional 5 vacation days.

They did not try to negotiate or tell me that it was none negotiable. They just rescinded the job offer. This tells you alot about the company

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sava Senior Care (Forest Hill, MD) in August 2014.

Interview

It was very short and I was hired on the spot, given an orientation, and told that I would be contacted soon after the background check. They took about a week to call back and I was told I could start asap. The interview process was very easy and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• How do you place a Foley catheter?   1 Answer

Area Marketing Liaison Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sava Senior Care.

Interview

Several interviews, in person and over the phone. Testing for personality fit for the role. No communication between interviews so it was a bit of a waiting game. If you do well you get the next interview without much time to prepare.

Interview Questions

• They are very subtle about asking you to try to get direct referrals from individuals who cannot legally give direct referrals but they want to know what you will do to try to get them to direct refer to you anyway.   1 Answer

Unethical business practices.

Therapist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sava Senior Care.

Interview

Interviewed then was contacted by a recruiter for the position. Negotiations began at that time. Once the terms were agreed upon, including a sign-on bonus, my start date was set.

Interview Questions

• I have been with this company for over 3 years. I do not recall the questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiator and I talked and whatever specifications I requested, she took to management and would come back with a counter offer. We eventually came to an agreement.

Resident Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sava Senior Care.

Interview

Interviewed by big scary woman with broken english, asked a lot of basic questions CNAs should know, normal interview questions. Drug test was part of interview. Hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

9.50/hourly. I was a new CNA, and didn't argue with pay, but if it were now, I would have asked for far more. Eventually got fair pay when I switched to pool. Averaging 13-16/hourly.

Senior Human Resources Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Sava Senior Care in May 2014.

Interview

I applied online and after one month I received a call from the recruiter. She was unfocused, distracted and I could easily determine that the person was working from home. The questions were general and basic. Nothing was really focused on my resume/talents. Two days later, the hiring manager called me. This person was banging pots and pans, could not "remember" the questions and was totally distracted. The entire interview lasted a whopping 19 minutes. I would expect a higher level of professionalism from the hiring manager and the recruiter. If this is any indication of the organization, I would not consider Sava Senior Care as an employer of choice.

The recruiter called two days later to state that they were moving forward with other candidates. Thank you!

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult - just difficult for the hiring manager to remember. Geez!   Answer Question