Sava Senior Care

2.5

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sava Senior Care.

The process was very brief with a standard interview with the DON, an on the spot offer, urine test and started work 2 days later. There is a nursing shortage in the rural areas which makes the process shorter.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were the standard ones that all companies ask now. More based on why the applicant is interested in the position/company and not on specific skills/knowledge.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. The salary was not negotiable and the staff had not received a raise for several years when I started.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Sava Senior Care in September 2014.

Three interviews- First interview with the Hiring Manager and VP, Second interview was with other department manager and last interview was with the Hiring Manager to see if I understood the position and also to ask final questions.

Offer was rescinded during negotiation. I asked for $10,000 more which I thought they would meet me in the middle), if the waiting period on 401k matching could be waive and for an additional 5 vacation days.

They did not try to negotiate or tell me that it was none negotiable. They just rescinded the job offer. This tells you alot about the company

Area Marketing Liaison Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sava Senior Care.

Several interviews, in person and over the phone. Testing for personality fit for the role. No communication between interviews so it was a bit of a waiting game. If you do well you get the next interview without much time to prepare.

Interview Questions
    • They are very subtle about asking you to try to get direct referrals from individuals who cannot legally give direct referrals but they want to know what you will do to try to get them to direct refer to you anyway.   View Answer

Unethical business practices.

Therapist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sava Senior Care.

Interviewed then was contacted by a recruiter for the position. Negotiations began at that time. Once the terms were agreed upon, including a sign-on bonus, my start date was set.

Interview Questions
    • I have been with this company for over 3 years. I do not recall the questions.   Answer Question
    The negotiator and I talked and whatever specifications I requested, she took to management and would come back with a counter offer. We eventually came to an agreement.

Resident Assistant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sava Senior Care.

Interviewed by big scary woman with broken english, asked a lot of basic questions CNAs should know, normal interview questions. Drug test was part of interview. Hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    9.50/hourly. I was a new CNA, and didn't argue with pay, but if it were now, I would have asked for far more. Eventually got fair pay when I switched to pool. Averaging 13-16/hourly.

Senior Human Resources Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Sava Senior Care in May 2014.

I applied online and after one month I received a call from the recruiter. She was unfocused, distracted and I could easily determine that the person was working from home. The questions were general and basic. Nothing was really focused on my resume/talents. Two days later, the hiring manager called me. This person was banging pots and pans, could not "remember" the questions and was totally distracted. The entire interview lasted a whopping 19 minutes. I would expect a higher level of professionalism from the hiring manager and the recruiter. If this is any indication of the organization, I would not consider Sava Senior Care as an employer of choice.

The recruiter called two days later to state that they were moving forward with other candidates. Thank you!

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult - just difficult for the hiring manager to remember. Geez!   Answer Question

ADON Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sava Senior Care in May 2014.

Corporate recruiter conducted phone interview. Regional nurse interview locally. I should've had a clue when she spent much of the interview texting. Third interview locally with the administrator.

Admissions Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sava Senior Care.

Very long process. But the process works. They are able to find the best fit for the company.

Admissions Director Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sava Senior Care in March 2014.

The interview process went very quickly. Once you take their personality test, the interview process progressing quickly. After meeting the Area Director for a face to face interview, three days later, I had a phone interview with the Regional Director. The next day, I had a 15 minute phone interview with the V.P. of Sales. I have worked with Fortune 100 companies, and this interview process was very professional. Sava Senior Care relies heavily on the personality test to weed out many of the candidates.

Interview Questions
    • During a phone interview, "Be straight up and honest, what concern is weighing heavily on you regarding the position?"   Answer Question
    Still working this out....

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sava Senior Care in March 2014.

I applied online and sent I also sent in a resume with application. It took about one week for an interview to be scheduled. I Interviewed and took a drug test and did CBC all the same day. Took about 3 days for interviewer to call me back to see if I am still interested for the position.

Interview Questions
    • Can you handle being in charge of older CNA's by yourself? Do you mind working weekends?   Answer Question
    There's no negotiation for new nurses fresh out of school.