Sava Senior Care

Updated Jan 27, 2015
Updated Jan 27, 2015

2.4

Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Sava Senior Care.

Interviewed with 2 other applicants. Interview was about 30 min. Questions were based on personal decision making based on different scenarios. Basically just provide honest answers to what you would do when presented with different difficult situations. I was confident with my interview, but I found out that the person that got the position was referred and highly recommended by another therapist there.

Interview Questions
    • What admirable qualities did I have as a therapist that separated me from other COTAs to make me the best choice to be for the position?   View Answer

Cook Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sava Senior Care.

Paper Application at the time, i was asked minimal questions because i knew someone who worked there. Very clique, but this has changed over the years. Took a couple months to get a call back. Since Housekeeping and Kitchen departments have been bought out and run by an outside agency

Interview Questions
    • Do you have a problem wearing a certain color uniform   View Answer
    There really wasn't any negotiation, i was asked if the amount was good, i accepted because i was in high school and anything sounded great

Physical Therapist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sava Senior Care.

They tried to low ball me with hourly rate from the beginning but talked up the benefits, which I was unable to afford. No one seemed too care if the job would be a good fit for me or the building.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have a problem supervising multiple assistants?   Answer Question
    Confusing

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sava Senior Care.

The process was very brief with a standard interview with the DON, an on the spot offer, urine test and started work 2 days later. There is a nursing shortage in the rural areas which makes the process shorter.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were the standard ones that all companies ask now. More based on why the applicant is interested in the position/company and not on specific skills/knowledge.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. The salary was not negotiable and the staff had not received a raise for several years when I started.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Sava Senior Care in September 2014.

Three interviews- First interview with the Hiring Manager and VP, Second interview was with other department manager and last interview was with the Hiring Manager to see if I understood the position and also to ask final questions.

Offer was rescinded during negotiation. I asked for $10,000 more which I thought they would meet me in the middle), if the waiting period on 401k matching could be waive and for an additional 5 vacation days.

They did not try to negotiate or tell me that it was none negotiable. They just rescinded the job offer. This tells you alot about the company

Area Marketing Liaison Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sava Senior Care.

Several interviews, in person and over the phone. Testing for personality fit for the role. No communication between interviews so it was a bit of a waiting game. If you do well you get the next interview without much time to prepare.

Interview Questions
    • They are very subtle about asking you to try to get direct referrals from individuals who cannot legally give direct referrals but they want to know what you will do to try to get them to direct refer to you anyway.   View Answer

Unethical business practices.

Therapist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sava Senior Care.

Interviewed then was contacted by a recruiter for the position. Negotiations began at that time. Once the terms were agreed upon, including a sign-on bonus, my start date was set.

Interview Questions
    • I have been with this company for over 3 years. I do not recall the questions.   Answer Question
    The negotiator and I talked and whatever specifications I requested, she took to management and would come back with a counter offer. We eventually came to an agreement.

Resident Assistant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sava Senior Care.

Interviewed by big scary woman with broken english, asked a lot of basic questions CNAs should know, normal interview questions. Drug test was part of interview. Hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    9.50/hourly. I was a new CNA, and didn't argue with pay, but if it were now, I would have asked for far more. Eventually got fair pay when I switched to pool. Averaging 13-16/hourly.

Senior Human Resources Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Sava Senior Care in May 2014.

I applied online and after one month I received a call from the recruiter. She was unfocused, distracted and I could easily determine that the person was working from home. The questions were general and basic. Nothing was really focused on my resume/talents. Two days later, the hiring manager called me. This person was banging pots and pans, could not "remember" the questions and was totally distracted. The entire interview lasted a whopping 19 minutes. I would expect a higher level of professionalism from the hiring manager and the recruiter. If this is any indication of the organization, I would not consider Sava Senior Care as an employer of choice.

The recruiter called two days later to state that they were moving forward with other candidates. Thank you!

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult - just difficult for the hiring manager to remember. Geez!   Answer Question

ADON Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sava Senior Care in May 2014.

Corporate recruiter conducted phone interview. Regional nurse interview locally. I should've had a clue when she spent much of the interview texting. Third interview locally with the administrator.