Savannah College of Art and Design Interview Questions

Updated Apr 8, 2015

2.4

Research Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Savannah College of Art and Design.

Interview

Ridiculous. Slowest process ever over months. 4 interviews, lunch interview and an offer. I wanted to negotiate parts of my contract, and suddenly had the offer rejected by an HR rep I had never met with or spoken to during the entire process. No explanation or reasoning. What a joke. Completely unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you organize a work load that seems unmanageable   Answer Question

Librarian Interview

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Savannah College of Art and Design (Savannah, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

Everything went pretty smoothly until they asked me to negotiate salary. I must have come across as too bold or too inexperienced with this. They said they were willing to have me think about it for 24-48 hours and get back to them. Early this morning, before I made my decision, I got an email from them saying that they had decided "not to proceed further with your candidacy." Based on the reviews that I got from workers in this school, I am not surprised about their dismissive attitude. It sounds like they did me a favor in the long run as I wouldn't want to work for this exploitative company.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Savannah College of Art and Design.

Interview

I applied on line with a resume and cover letter. I was contacted by HR for a group interview.I was called in for an interview with 4 employees. They were very nice. We discussed what the position entails and what my daily job functions would be. Overall it was a great interview and I would recommend anyone to apply.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know my back ground and what I had experience in.   Answer Question

Institutional Advancement Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Savannah College of Art and Design.

Interview

1. Phone call from Executive Director of Institutional Advancement. 2. HR call 3. ED of IA call + Dir of Operations via Skype 4. Skype with HR 5. Job offered via phone

Negotiation

Horrible and took forever! Relocation offering(s) are a joke.

Interview

Just simple process. Question 1: Tell me about yourself.Question 2: What is your strength? Question 3: What is your weakness? Question 4: Why do you think you can qualify this job? The lady was very friendly and I feel no pressure at all. And after interview, she even showed me around and showed the kitchen to me and gave me a bottle of water.

Professor, Graphic Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Savannah College of Art and Design (Savannah, GA).

Interview

Easy to get a job at SCAD. They have a terrible time keeping professors, so they are always hiring. They will low-ball you at first, stick to your guns and they will give you what you ask. You will not get more than a 2% pay raise.. so make sure your initial salary is good.

Interview Questions

• None- they want to make sure your a team player and they really do need you more than you need them.

Also look into getting your own insurance. I promise it is better than what SCAD has. Since they are self insured, all claims go through the presidents office… right next to the HR department.. take what you will from that.

Answer Question

Admission Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Savannah College of Art and Design (Atlanta, GA) in January 2014.

Interview

After I applied online, I was asked to a phone interview. It was 20-30 minutes long and very positive--the HR person was very friendly and also answered my questions very openly. I was then asked for an in-person interview, which involved the admissions director and the same HR person. The questions were pretty easy in that they were the typical interview questions, so if you are prepared for those, you should be fine. Then, I was asked for another in person interview with another HR person and the VP of admissions. I had to do a presentation, and the interview was a bit more awkward than the other two--sometimes repetitive, unclear questions were asked, and I wasn't sure exactly what they were asking or how to respond. Still, the people were very friendly, and made sure to emphasize aspects of the job that would not be ideal for some people.

Interview Questions

Another offer. I was also hesitant due to the repeated emphasis on poor work-life balance. I don't mind working extra hours, but I personally don't want to have to do it every week when I'm not getting paid hourly.

English Language Tutor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Savannah College of Art and Design (Savannah, GA) in September 2013.

Interview

I just sent in a resumé and was asked to interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a student with absolutely no English skills whatsoever?   Answer Question

6-Month Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Savannah College of Art and Design.

Interview

I found this position through the college website. I got an e-mail from them offering to meet with me for an interview. I told them that I was interested and went in for an interview. It was quite interesting because the guy came out and asked me to fill out a four page personality test. He told me there are no wrong answers, so I just took my time and tried to fill it out to the best of my abilities. It was quiet while I was doing this, so it felt a little bit awkward. There were two people for the interview, and they seemed pretty relaxed and very kind. After I finished they just asked me to talk a little about myself, my strengths and weaknesses, some examples of how I solved some difficult problems, and whether I had any questions about the school or position. Overall, it wasn't a bad interview and the interviewers were very kind and attentive. I haven't heard back from them, but I don't think I really made an impression on them. It's difficult to make an impression on them in 30 minutes. I think it's important to show that you're adaptable in a fast paced environment and you're creative.

Professor of Animation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Savannah College of Art and Design (Savannah, GA).

Interview

I was a graduating student with my MFA. My interview process was not that elaborate, since I was considered an internal candidate.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to stay and work here at the Savannah College of Art and Design.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. There was an established starting salary in 2001 of 36,000.