Savannah College of Art and Design

Updated Nov 3, 2014
Updated Nov 3, 2014

2.4

Clc Visual Developer Interview

Just simple process. Question 1: Tell me about yourself.Question 2: What is your strength? Question 3: What is your weakness? Question 4: Why do you think you can qualify this job? The lady was very friendly and I feel no pressure at all. And after interview, she even showed me around and showed the kitchen to me and gave me a bottle of water.

Professor, Graphic Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Savannah College of Art and Design.

Easy to get a job at SCAD. They have a terrible time keeping professors, so they are always hiring. They will low-ball you at first, stick to your guns and they will give you what you ask. You will not get more than a 2% pay raise.. so make sure your initial salary is good.

Interview Questions
    • None- they want to make sure your a team player and they really do need you more than you need them.

Also look into getting your own insurance. I promise it is better than what SCAD has. Since they are self insured, all claims go through the presidents office… right next to the HR department.. take what you will from that.
        Answer Question

Admission Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Savannah College of Art and Design in January 2014.

After I applied online, I was asked to a phone interview. It was 20-30 minutes long and very positive--the HR person was very friendly and also answered my questions very openly. I was then asked for an in-person interview, which involved the admissions director and the same HR person. The questions were pretty easy in that they were the typical interview questions, so if you are prepared for those, you should be fine. Then, I was asked for another in person interview with another HR person and the VP of admissions. I had to do a presentation, and the interview was a bit more awkward than the other two--sometimes repetitive, unclear questions were asked, and I wasn't sure exactly what they were asking or how to respond. Still, the people were very friendly, and made sure to emphasize aspects of the job that would not be ideal for some people.

Interview Questions

Another offer. I was also hesitant due to the repeated emphasis on poor work-life balance. I don't mind working extra hours, but I personally don't want to have to do it every week when I'm not getting paid hourly.

English Language Tutor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Savannah College of Art and Design in September 2013.

I just sent in a resumé and was asked to interview.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a student with absolutely no English skills whatsoever?   Answer Question

6-Month Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Savannah College of Art and Design.

I found this position through the college website. I got an e-mail from them offering to meet with me for an interview. I told them that I was interested and went in for an interview. It was quite interesting because the guy came out and asked me to fill out a four page personality test. He told me there are no wrong answers, so I just took my time and tried to fill it out to the best of my abilities. It was quiet while I was doing this, so it felt a little bit awkward. There were two people for the interview, and they seemed pretty relaxed and very kind. After I finished they just asked me to talk a little about myself, my strengths and weaknesses, some examples of how I solved some difficult problems, and whether I had any questions about the school or position. Overall, it wasn't a bad interview and the interviewers were very kind and attentive. I haven't heard back from them, but I don't think I really made an impression on them. It's difficult to make an impression on them in 30 minutes. I think it's important to show that you're adaptable in a fast paced environment and you're creative.

Professor of Animation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

I was a graduating student with my MFA. My interview process was not that elaborate, since I was considered an internal candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to stay and work here at the Savannah College of Art and Design.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. There was an established starting salary in 2001 of 36,000.

Resident Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Savannah College of Art and Design in February 2013.

The process starts through the colleges online hiring website, where the applicant is required to provide a resume and then to follow up by signing up for an interview. (Note: The position of Resident Assistant is only hired for in February and March, there are exceptions to the rule like applying for a position in the summer after working for either the Summer Seminars Assistant Position or the Rising Stars Assistant position) On the day of the interview you are required to bring a printed version of your resume and a cover letter. They recommend bring a program or bulletin board guide and a series of question but they don't really care. You will be interviewed by two people one current staff member in the Resident Assistant position and then by a Full time Savannah College of Art and Design employee. The second part of the process happens one or two weeks later and its called Group Process and its purpose is to see how you work in a team environment and to test how your disposition as a leader.

Interview Questions
    • The question don't matter, the answers do. Target your answer towards creating community, encouraging self improvement, promoting cultural diversity and your previous leadership roles. as long as you have a couple anecdotes for these target areas you are good. As for Group Process I have been an interviewer in the past and what really mattered that you could talk casually and clearly, it also helps that you don't say anything anti-semitic, sexist, racist, or discriminatory in any other facility because you may as well just throw away your chances of getting a job right there.   Answer Question
    None, there is no bargaining, they will pay you minimum wage.

Resident Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Savannah College of Art and Design in March 2012.

The process was very simple and easy going.

Interview Questions
    • It was a rather simple interview. The questions were very answerable and none of them really caught me off guard.   Answer Question
    N/A

Model Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Savannah College of Art and Design in January 2012.

Three or four people were involved in the interview, all from HR I think. They basically asked about my previous experience, my availability, and my reasons for wanting to model. There was never a request for a photo or anything before they met me and they didn't need references. I think they basically wanted to make sure I wasn't a gross pervert and that I would show up on time--what else do you really need to ask an artists' model?

Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Savannah College of Art and Design in November 2011.

Quick process. Great communication flow. Clear and forthcoming. Panel interview which includes another prof in the dept, the chair, the dean, the recruiter and the head of HR.

Interview Questions
    • How will you reach students that seem to be in trouble.   Answer Question
    Not much room for negotiation. Very strict on their parameters, however, did offer some flexibility within those.