Savannah River Nuclear Solutions Interview Questions

2.3

Associate Eng Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Savannah River Nuclear Solutions.

Received phone call after applying (months later) for on-site interview. Travel was arranged for me. Dinner the night before interview with an engineer then interview the next morning, including tour of Site. Received an offer about a month or so later. Overall, great experience. Only negative is the amount of time it takes for anything to get done.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult. They want to see if you're a person they want to work with on a daily basis, not how many formulas you remembered from school.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate. Offer was fair, and I'm not sure if there is much negotiation allowed with these positions.

Intern Interview

I submitted application through online portal. This included a resume, cover letter, transcript, and other background information. I was then contacted for a phone interview from my application. They awarded me the position one day after the phone interview.

Anonymous Employee in Aiken, SC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Savannah River Nuclear Solutions in July 2014.

Received call after 8 months of submitting online application. 30 minute phone interview. One week after phone interview received email about on-site interview. Airfare, car rental and 1 day hotel paid by SRNS. Was taken out to dinner the night before interview by senior engineer. Day of interview met with host and drove around site for about 45 minutes to get the know the area. The interview consisted of a 3 person panel (only engineers, no HR rep) and took about 45 minutes. Final step is lunch at the facility.

After not hearing anything after 3 weeks, called and left voice mail. Within an hour of the call, received generic email saying "Thank you but no thank you".

Computer Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aiken, SC

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Savannah River Nuclear Solutions.

Worked at the Savannah River Site as a subcontractor prior to 1988 which lead to full time job position.

Interview Questions
    It was difficult decision to leave WJBF Channel 6 for this job but medical insurance benefits were no cost with this company.

Post-Bacc Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aiken, SC

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Savannah River Nuclear Solutions.

Met with the head of the department and my internship mentor. Was asked several questions that were really about my personality and interest in the field.

Anonymous Employee in Aiken, SC

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Savannah River Nuclear Solutions in September 2013.

Applied online, a week later I received a phone interview that lasted about 45 min. Another week later I received a call from HR to set up an in person interview two weeks later. Had a tour, sit down interview and lunch with an executive engineer.

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aiken, SC

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Savannah River Nuclear Solutions.

Submitted to application via email
    2nd contact was telephone interview
    3rd contact was interview on site (they flew me down)
    Job offer was "Take it or Leave it" -- no negotiations (Government site does not allow it)

No negotiations... HR only allows "Take it or Leave it" offers

Summer Intern - Structural Mechanics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aiken, SC

interviewed at Savannah River Nuclear Solutions in May 2012.

I had applied for this job online and I got a phone call within a few weeks. Most of the interview consisted of discussing what the company does. The interviewer was very friendly and easy going. He asked me about my experience in ANSYS/ ABAQUS. We also talked about my hobbies, school course work etc.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were totally unexpected or very difficult. It was a pretty laid back interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aiken, SC

The process took a dayinterviewed at Savannah River Nuclear Solutions in August 2010.

After I completed my application I was contacted by Human Resources to come to Augusta, GA for an onsite interview. When I arrived I was greeted by a fellow engineer who showed me around the city and took me to my hotel. The next morning the fellow engineer picked me up from the hotel and took me to the site for a general tour. After the tour and meeting a few people I might be working with I went to my group interview. Basic Interview questions were asked including skills and competencies. After that I had lunch with the fellow engineer and the engineering director for the company. After that the fellow engineer took me to look at possible housing and then back to the airport.

Interview Questions
    • What was your favorite course in college and why? What was you worst course in college and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aiken, SC

The process took a dayinterviewed at Savannah River Nuclear Solutions in March 2010.

I had an initial phone interview which I feel was the primary selection process for me. I was offered an on site interview. The interview felt like I already had the job. The spent a lot of time telling me about the pros and cons of the job. I was toured around site by a 'New Hire' and had a number of informal interviews with various employees. I had one formal panel interview although it was very relaxed. My escort was sitting next to me and provided me with immediate feedback after the panel interview. It was way easier and less stressful than I would have ever imagined.

Interview Questions
    I asked if the salary was negotiable and the HR representative said "No".