Savannah River Nuclear Solutions Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2015

2.2

Tritium Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Savannah River Nuclear Solutions (Columbia, SC) in March 2015.

Interview

A very easy, laid back phone interview. Asked basic questions about how much I knew about what the site does. They mainly wanted to judge how much research you had done and how interested you were in the company.

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aiken, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Savannah River Nuclear Solutions (Aiken, SC) in February 2015.

Interview

Got email from hiring manager saying they would call me for interview. Months passed until they finally called and scheduled. Paid for trip and stay. Spent one day interviewing with everyone from the group all the way up to SRNL manager. Relatively easy and laid back atmosphere. No hard interview questions like "how would you describe the color yellow to a blind person?"or silly things like that. Left having the feeling I was already hired. Got a call two days after with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Nothing special, felt more like they were trying to figure out my personality and interests instead of how capable I was.   1 Answer

Associate Eng Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Savannah River Nuclear Solutions.

Interview

Received phone call after applying (months later) for on-site interview. Travel was arranged for me. Dinner the night before interview with an engineer then interview the next morning, including tour of Site. Received an offer about a month or so later. Overall, great experience. Only negative is the amount of time it takes for anything to get done.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult. They want to see if you're a person they want to work with on a daily basis, not how many formulas you remembered from school.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate. Offer was fair, and I'm not sure if there is much negotiation allowed with these positions.

Intern Interview

Interview

I submitted application through online portal. This included a resume, cover letter, transcript, and other background information. I was then contacted for a phone interview from my application. They awarded me the position one day after the phone interview.

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aiken, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Savannah River Nuclear Solutions (Aiken, SC) in July 2014.

Interview

Received call after 8 months of submitting online application. 30 minute phone interview. One week after phone interview received email about on-site interview. Airfare, car rental and 1 day hotel paid by SRNS. Was taken out to dinner the night before interview by senior engineer. Day of interview met with host and drove around site for about 45 minutes to get the know the area. The interview consisted of a 3 person panel (only engineers, no HR rep) and took about 45 minutes. Final step is lunch at the facility. After not hearing anything after 3 weeks, called and left voice mail. Within an hour of the call, received generic email saying "Thank you but no thank you".

Computer Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aiken, SC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Savannah River Nuclear Solutions (Aiken, SC).

Interview

Worked at the Savannah River Site as a subcontractor prior to 1988 which lead to full time job position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was difficult decision to leave WJBF Channel 6 for this job but medical insurance benefits were no cost with this company.

Post-Bacc Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aiken, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Savannah River Nuclear Solutions (Aiken, SC).

Interview

Met with the head of the department and my internship mentor. Was asked several questions that were really about my personality and interest in the field.

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aiken, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Savannah River Nuclear Solutions (Aiken, SC) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied online, a week later I received a phone interview that lasted about 45 min. Another week later I received a call from HR to set up an in person interview two weeks later. Had a tour, sit down interview and lunch with an executive engineer.

Interview Questions

• Tell us something about yourself?   1 Answer

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aiken, SC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Savannah River Nuclear Solutions (Aiken, SC).

Interview

Submitted to application via email 2nd contact was telephone interview 3rd contact was interview on site (they flew me down) Job offer was "Take it or Leave it" -- no negotiations (Government site does not allow it)

Negotiation

No negotiations... HR only allows "Take it or Leave it" offers

Summer Intern - Structural Mechanics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aiken, SC

Application

I interviewed at Savannah River Nuclear Solutions (Aiken, SC) in May 2012.

Interview

I had applied for this job online and I got a phone call within a few weeks. Most of the interview consisted of discussing what the company does. The interviewer was very friendly and easy going. He asked me about my experience in ANSYS/ ABAQUS. We also talked about my hobbies, school course work etc.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were totally unexpected or very difficult. It was a pretty laid back interview.   Answer Question