Save-A-Lot Food Stores Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Mar 17, 2015

1.6

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores (Indianapolis, IN) in September 2014.

Interview

I don't really remember the interview process all that much, it felt a bit rushed. I think in total they asked me maybe 5 questions, all of which were very vague. I realize that none of the questions that they asked me mattered, because I was gonna get minimum wage no matter how long I've worked previously.

Interview Questions

• What work Experience did I have.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Save-A-Lot Food Stores

Anonymous Employee in Chambersburg, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores (Chambersburg, PA) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview was beyond easy. They simply asked my availability and hired me on the spot. They didn't ask anything about what I did outside of work, or anything that could be relevant.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Just told me I could have the job and scheduled me 3 days on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Campbellsville, KY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores (Campbellsville, KY) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied in person. Couple days later was interviewed. Couple days after that was called in for a drug test. Couple days after that was asked to start the job the next week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores (Columbus, OH) in April 2011.

Interview

I applied roughly a month before they called to set up an interview. When I walked in the very friendly cashier took me to their back room, which was a mess. When the manager finally came in she didn't introduce herself or even attempt to shake my hand. I tried to start small talk but she wasn't in to it. She started firing interview questions, never giving me eye contact and any kind of feedback. After the questions I had to take a math test (know to to calculate percents in your head), and a personality test which was all about stealing. Once I finished all she said was you can leave now so I went on my way. She called 3 days later to offer me the position, which only paid minimum wage, and told me orientation started Wednesday at 9am. I have class at that time & couldn't make it. I asked to reschedule and she said guess you don't want the job and hung up on me.

Interview Questions

I couldn't make the orientation so the manager hung up on me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in York, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores (York, PA) in October 2010.

Interview

was good but when they switch manager that is not good and the interview was good cause of the first manager was a very good person and the trainee was good with me when training

Anonymous Employee in Fairborn, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores (Fairborn, OH) in June 2010.

Interview

I had one interview and in about an hour, I got a phone call saying that I got the job. It was a very easy process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Smile!

Anonymous Employee in Casselberry, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores (Casselberry, FL) in April 2009.

Interview

I found the job online. There was a number to call, and I took a personality test. The hiring manager called me the next day and set up the interview. The interview was fairly typical, and I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was in regards to what kind of hours I could work, because my schedule was varied at the time.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores in September 2008.

Interview

The interview was very easy, very low pressure. There were surprisingly few questions asked. The basics of the job were laid out in a very simple manner, a tour of the store given. There were none of the standardized questions that you get at some jobs.