Save-A-Lot Food Stores

Getting the Interview

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Campbellsville, KY

I applied in-person - interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores in September 2013.

Interview Details – Applied in person. Couple days later was interviewed. Couple days after that was called in for a drug test. Couple days after that was asked to start the job the next week.

Interview Question – Where do you see your self in the future?   Answer Question

Fairborn, OH

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores in June 2010.

Interview Details – I had one interview and in about an hour, I got a phone call saying that I got the job. It was a very easy process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Smile!

Columbus, OH

The process took a day - interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores in April 2011.

Interview Details – I applied roughly a month before they called to set up an interview. When I walked in the very friendly cashier took me to their back room, which was a mess. When the manager finally came in she didn't introduce herself or even attempt to shake my hand. I tried to start small talk but she wasn't in to it. She started firing interview questions, never giving me eye contact and any kind of feedback. After the questions I had to take a math test (know to to calculate percents in your head), and a personality test which was all about stealing. Once I finished all she said was you can leave now so I went on my way. She called 3 days later to offer me the position, which only paid minimum wage, and told me orientation started Wednesday at 9am. I have class at that time & couldn't make it. I asked to reschedule and she said guess you don't want the job and hung up on me.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – I couldn't make the orientation so the manager hung up on me.

Very Easy Interview

Casselberry, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores in April 2009.

Interview Details – I found the job online. There was a number to call, and I took a personality test. The hiring manager called me the next day and set up the interview. The interview was fairly typical, and I was hired on the spot.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was in regards to what kind of hours I could work, because my schedule was varied at the time.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Cashier Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores in September 2008.

Interview Details – The interview was very easy, very low pressure. There were surprisingly few questions asked. The basics of the job were laid out in a very simple manner, a tour of the store given. There were none of the standardized questions that you get at some jobs.

Interview Question – Can you perform simple math in your head?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Save-A-Lot Food Stores

Worked for Save-A-Lot Food Stores? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Save-A-Lot Food Stores Cashier interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Save-A-Lot Food Stores employees and interview candidates.