Save-A-Lot Food Stores

1.7

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chambersburg, PA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chambersburg, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores in August 2014.

The interview was beyond easy. They simply asked my availability and hired me on the spot. They didn't ask anything about what I did outside of work, or anything that could be relevant.

Interview Questions
Just told me I could have the job and scheduled me 3 days on the spot.

Other Interview Reviews for Save-A-Lot Food Stores

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campbellsville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campbellsville, KY

I applied in-person – interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores in September 2013.

Applied in person. Couple days later was interviewed. Couple days after that was called in for a drug test. Couple days after that was asked to start the job the next week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

The process took a dayinterviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores in April 2011.

I applied roughly a month before they called to set up an interview. When I walked in the very friendly cashier took me to their back room, which was a mess. When the manager finally came in she didn't introduce herself or even attempt to shake my hand. I tried to start small talk but she wasn't in to it. She started firing interview questions, never giving me eye contact and any kind of feedback. After the questions I had to take a math test (know to to calculate percents in your head), and a personality test which was all about stealing. Once I finished all she said was you can leave now so I went on my way. She called 3 days later to offer me the position, which only paid minimum wage, and told me orientation started Wednesday at 9am. I have class at that time & couldn't make it. I asked to reschedule and she said guess you don't want the job and hung up on me.

Interview Questions

I couldn't make the orientation so the manager hung up on me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in York, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in York, PA

I applied online – interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores in October 2010.

was good but when they switch manager that is not good and the interview was good cause of the first manager was a very good person and the trainee was good with me when training

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairborn, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairborn, OH

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores in June 2010.

I had one interview and in about an hour, I got a phone call saying that I got the job. It was a very easy process.

Smile!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Casselberry, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Casselberry, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores in April 2009.

I found the job online. There was a number to call, and I took a personality test. The hiring manager called me the next day and set up the interview. The interview was fairly typical, and I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was in regards to what kind of hours I could work, because my schedule was varied at the time.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores in September 2008.

The interview was very easy, very low pressure. There were surprisingly few questions asked. The basics of the job were laid out in a very simple manner, a tour of the store given. There were none of the standardized questions that you get at some jobs.