Save-A-Lot Food Stores Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2015

2.5

Management Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores.

Interview

Three interview process, phone, then two person to person. The phone interview was more intensive with questions and experience. Person to person interviews were informal. Just a getting to know you type. If you can promote yourself, well then, you have a great chance to get the offer.

Interview Questions

• They were off the cuff, no formal interview process.   1 Answer

Store Clerk Interview

Interview

The interview was fairly easy and was not hard at all. I asked them when can I start and the manager said after my background check results come back. I would recommend this job to anybody

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Stock Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores (Jackson, MS) in March 2015.

Interview

I did a walk in and was told to apply online and was told to call back once I completed the application. Completed the application called back and was given a phone interview, and then was asked to come in for face to face interview and then was told they had to do a background check which I passed and started work the next day

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores.

Interview

I applied online for the position of ASM. A few days later I received a phone call from a recruiter wanting to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview went well along with the assessment I did afterwards. The only obstacle was my salary range. I lowered it to the bare minimum I'd work for any company for! I was then scheduled for a store tour/interview. The store was in bad shape and wasn't conditioned at all. I spoke with the store manager. He asked very few questions and most of them were very basic. I had far more challenging questions than he did. After walking and talking with the SM, I felt far more qualified for his position than he did. The recruiter called me the following day to inform that they would not go any further with me. And that the feedback was that my skills were not what they were looking for. But in my opinion I just wasn't a good fit. I would've outshined and overshadowed a manager like himself.

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

over all it was a process. submitted an apllication, two days later a recruiter called with a ton of questions. called back a week later with a store tour to go on to see what its like. like two weeks later had an interview with two people. two weeks later human resources called with an offer. talked to another person went to get drug tested. a week later was ofiicially hired. overall it took like six weeks.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores in January 2015.

Interview

I made my resume public on a major job site and was contacted by a recruiter. I was asked to go fill out the online application, which I did after a little research. I was set up for a phone interview with the recruiter within a few days. There was nothing extraordinary about the phone interview.

The next step is an online test. This is one of the most difficult online tests I have come across mainly revolving around general business skills (scheduling, profit margins, etc.). I was sure I tanked it. They call you to let you know if you pass it then you are set up for a store tour.

The tour consists of walking around with a store manager telling you some basic expectations and you are free to ask questions. This is as much a physical job as mental so I'm sure they want to get a look at you as well.

Then is the sit down interview with a pair of DM's. Again nothing extraordinary, basically work history questions. I had done my research on the company so it went very smoothly. I did not walk out of there very confident that I landed the job at all but I got the phone call the next morning.

My best advice going into these interviews is to show your knowledge of the company and grocery business. Then when answering the work history questions use examples of your willingness to do anything. You are interviewing for a hands on job more then a manager position so let that show.

Interview Questions

• No difficult interview questions but the online test was extremely difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pay rate was discussed during the interview process. The offer came in higher then the amount we talked about so I accepted it.

Store Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores (Memphis, TN) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online at indeed.com and 2 days after that received a phone call to come in for an interview. Interview was very laid back. I was told that I'd receive a phone call for my drug test.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about bending the rules for a good cause?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

Basic questions. If you have basic management skills you will be fine. Phone interview with recruiter. Next was face to face with district manager. Then a phone call with another district manager. Process was quick after that.

Negotiation

Simple negatiation

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores (Indianapolis, IN) in September 2014.

Interview

I don't really remember the interview process all that much, it felt a bit rushed. I think in total they asked me maybe 5 questions, all of which were very vague. I realize that none of the questions that they asked me mattered, because I was gonna get minimum wage no matter how long I've worked previously.

Interview Questions

• What work Experience did I have.   1 Answer

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

I filled out an application online for the new store opening up on 6801 frankford ave phila pa sometime in May or June of 2013, by July 2013 I had received a phone call for a interview. Interview lasted 45mins &was only for 1day. Had to do drug testing same day at interview at different location. If you passed drug test they call. I passed they called a few weeks after initial interview and they pay for training

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you ?   1 Answer
    • How would you handle dealing with a rude/angry customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotation. they bascially let the employees know the 1st work day that the pay rate is 7.75 for sale associates at save a lot