Save-A-Lot Food Stores

Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager
Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores in May 2014.

Interview Details – Lots of back and forth. Process took 6 weeks. Began with a call from a recruiter in Florida. She asks standard questions. If you have another job pending DO NOT mention it. Next take online assessment. And interview with DM if you do well. Then one more interview with regional mgr. Then HR will call to verify work history and etc.

Interview Question – Standard questions about talent development and mgr duties. If you have mgr experience you should do fine. They are relaxed during interview but don't let that fool you.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager
Cleveland, OH

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online, and got a phone call from an HR representative 4 days later. He pretty much went over my work history and the culture of save-a-lot. From there he scheduled a store tour a few days later at the training store in my area. He asked some general work related questions, and then took me on a tour of the store. A week later I was scheduled a face to face panel interview with 2 district managers. They asked work history questions, and why I wanted to leave my current employer, and were telling me they are looking for strong people for the perishable departments. I was then told I would recieve a phone call letting me know if I got the position.

Interview Question – How would you fix on hand issues not knowing are systems?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were very negotianable, I asked for a lower amount than I was making, and they exceeded what I was currently making.

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

Interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores

Interview Details – First there was a phone interview, secondly there is a interview with the regional manager and he interview you about your past experiences and get a feel for you, he sends you out for a drug test and they do a background check on you. if you are hire-able you go a training store.

Cashier/Stocker/Manager Interview

Cashier/Stocker/Manager
Spencer, IN

I interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores in July 2010.

Interview Details – This was my first job in high school. The interview process was quick and efficient.

Interview Question – Room for growth   Answer Question

Shift Supervisor Interview

Shift Supervisor

Interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores

Interview Details – It was a very easy going interview. I didn't feel stressed or pressured. That manager is now gone on to other things, so I'm not sure of the current interview process. But I felt comfortable in mine and I really liked the management staff at the time.

Interview Question – What is you're biggest goal/accomplishment and how will/did you meet it?   Answer Question

ARL Interview

ARL

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores.

Interview Details – Phone interview followed by personality/ability tests. Then a series of panel interviews

Interview Question – routine questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non negotiable contract

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores.

Interview Details – Strung along by an HR person, the initial process takes up to 2 months (including interview). You interview with whatever DM is in the interview rotation. Each DM is different and the majority have no formal (or informal) interview training. Judging by the quality of ASM's we get, and my own experience, I would be surprised if a candidate experienced a tough interview process.

Interview Question – Standard boiler-plate. Know your numbers, have a few stories / experiences, typical stuff. Keep it simple. No one will be impressed with how smart you are and if you show off too much you might noe be deemed a good fit.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I faxed a copy of my previous paycheck and they matched it. Simple.

Meat Cutter Interview

Meat Cutter

Interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores

Interview Details – My interview was short. I basically answered questions about my previous jobs and what I wanted to achieve while working for Save A Lot.

Interview Question – What I wanted to do with my life.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores.

Interview Details – went through 4 differant process.Pretty easy

Interview Question – They give you different scenarios   Answer Question

Regional Merchandise Manager Interview

Regional Merchandise Manager

Interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores

Interview Details – I had been promoted internally but the process would still be similar to an outside hire. Initial phone interview with HR, then a panel interview. The panel interview would usually consist of 1-2 VP's, a representative from HR, and a director from another department.

Interview Question – Tell me the first thing you would do if you were the president of the company   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Little salary negotiations

Interviews for Top Jobs at Save-A-Lot Food Stores

Worked for Save-A-Lot Food Stores? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Save-A-Lot Food Stores interview questions and advice. All 50 interview reviews posted anonymously by Save-A-Lot Food Stores employees and interview candidates.