Save-A-Lot Food Stores

Updated Oct 19, 2014
Updated Oct 19, 2014

2.6

Meat Cutter Interview

My interview was short. I basically answered questions about my previous jobs and what I wanted to achieve while working for Save A Lot.

Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores.

went through 4 differant process.Pretty easy

Regional Merchandise Manager Interview

I had been promoted internally but the process would still be similar to an outside hire. Initial phone interview with HR, then a panel interview. The panel interview would usually consist of 1-2 VP's, a representative from HR, and a director from another department.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me the first thing you would do if you were the president of the company   Answer Question
    Little salary negotiations

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores.

sucks, long drawn out, takes weeks to get in the position, not enough time for Management to put all the info in the computer and send out checks fir employment, 40 hours of repetitive CBT.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campbellsville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campbellsville, KY

I applied in-person – interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores in September 2013.

Applied in person. Couple days later was interviewed. Couple days after that was called in for a drug test. Couple days after that was asked to start the job the next week.

Store Clerk Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores.

it is about customer customer customer and some that is willing to make it our frist home

they will want you work ur tail off for them and they dont work with you

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores in August 2013.

Applied with resume online.. Got a call back from a recruiter at HR. 2 phone interviews, then you have to fill out an online application. Then take a test that took me 3 hours to complete. Phone interview with the DM. Now you get to the face to face interview. The district manager then made me fill out another application, by hand (add a good 45 minutes to navigate the 16 page application). When I finally got to interview, I was faced with a man who was so obviously dispassionate about the company he represented it angered me, an unemployed retail veteran with years of experience, which I felt this man was wasting not only my time, but the tank of gas it cost to get to the interview. His questions were vague; never even looked at the application I had just taken time to fill out. His reactions were brusk and really downright rude. I asked more questions than he bothered to. It was a very unsettling experience, which I felt was a waste of my time.
    I would like to say that I had better interaction with the HR recruiter, Porsha Finney. In speaking with her, it was her passion for her job that really had gotten me excited about working for SAL.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult or unexpected question I could come up with at the face to face with the district manager was to myself......Did I really want to work for a man so unhappy with his career. Where was his passion for his company?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores.

We are a single store so our interview process is not very lengthy. we usually review applications and then after narrowing them down we do background checks and usually one interview is all we have and its more of a laid back, "tell us about yourself" kind of interview.

Interview Questions
    They put there offer on the table after thinking about I came back with a single counter offer and it was accepted.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores in May 2013.

I had a phone interview with a member of their human resources. After looking at their company reviews on line, I was a little skeptical about their company. One of the first things they brought up is the fact this is a hands on job and that as a manager you're not really a manager but a worker. It doesn't seem like a smart position to build a career.

Interview Questions

I didn't like the vibe I got from the company.

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores in April 2013.

started with a call from the recruiter, then HR, which arranged the face to face interview with HR person, store manager, DM, and Asst.Mgr..we did a good store walk and the DM and HR with myself sat down for standard interview...followed by a phone interview with 2 regionals about 2weeks latter...followed by a call that afternoon from DM welcoming me to company pending background/drug test..approx. month and half process

Interview Questions
    • none really..standard questions just rearranged to check your answers against what you said previously   Answer Question
    annual salary excellent, relocation package took a little negotiating but I was treated more than fair.