Save-A-Lot Food Stores

Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager
Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores in January 2011.

Interview Details – Fairly lengthy interview process of about 2 months with a phone interview, regional interview, and DM panel interview. They did stay in touch regarding the interview process and expectations for the next steps in the process. The compensation offered for the position can vary quite a bit and future increases are substantially limited.

Interview Question – What techniques do you utilize to motivate your team?   Answer Question

Team Lead Interview

Team Lead
Jacksonville, FL

I applied online and interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores.

Interview Details – sucks, long drawn out, takes weeks to get in the position, not enough time for Management to put all the info in the computer and send out checks fir employment, 40 hours of repetitive CBT.

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Campbellsville, KY

I applied in-person - interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores in September 2013.

Interview Details – Applied in person. Couple days later was interviewed. Couple days after that was called in for a drug test. Couple days after that was asked to start the job the next week.

Interview Question – Where do you see your self in the future?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

I applied through other source - interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores in May 2010.

Interview Details – Fairly thorough process. Several interviews with district managers, store managers, personnel and sometimes regional manager. Standard drug and background check. Online testing both for job knowledge and emotional issues. Overall not a bad process. It was helpful to go through the process knowing that they had a training program in place if you did make it to the position. Be aware that even though they are a good company to work for they are not as good at following up on the bonuses that seem to be promised in the interview process.

Interview Question – They ask you for your faults as well as strengths. The usuual questions about honesty.   Answer Question

Store Clerk Interview

Store Clerk

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores.

Interview Details – it is about customer customer customer and some that is willing to make it our frist home

Negotiation Details – they will want you work ur tail off for them and they dont work with you

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Savannah, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores in August 2013.

Interview Details – Applied with resume online.. Got a call back from a recruiter at HR. 2 phone interviews, then you have to fill out an online application. Then take a test that took me 3 hours to complete. Phone interview with the DM. Now you get to the face to face interview. The district manager then made me fill out another application, by hand (add a good 45 minutes to navigate the 16 page application). When I finally got to interview, I was faced with a man who was so obviously dispassionate about the company he represented it angered me, an unemployed retail veteran with years of experience, which I felt this man was wasting not only my time, but the tank of gas it cost to get to the interview. His questions were vague; never even looked at the application I had just taken time to fill out. His reactions were brusk and really downright rude. I asked more questions than he bothered to. It was a very unsettling experience, which I felt was a waste of my time.
I would like to say that I had better interaction with the HR recruiter, Porsha Finney. In speaking with her, it was her passion for her job that really had gotten me excited about working for SAL.

Interview Question – The most difficult or unexpected question I could come up with at the face to face with the district manager was to myself......Did I really want to work for a man so unhappy with his career. Where was his passion for his company?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores in February 2011.

Interview Details – Was some what of a long hiring process with online assessment tests and phone interview and then finally a face to face interview.

Stocker Interview

Stocker
Fort Myers, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores in January 2012.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume (their to cheap to hand out apps) due to my experience I got a call back a week later

Interview Question – They asked me how it would be transitioning from a large store to a smaller one   View Answer

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores.

Interview Details – We are a single store so our interview process is not very lengthy. we usually review applications and then after narrowing them down we do background checks and usually one interview is all we have and its more of a laid back, "tell us about yourself" kind of interview.

Interview Question – What is your biggest flaw, that you see in yourself?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They put there offer on the table after thinking about I came back with a single counter offer and it was accepted.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager
Nashville, TN

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores in May 2013.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview with a member of their human resources. After looking at their company reviews on line, I was a little skeptical about their company. One of the first things they brought up is the fact this is a hands on job and that as a manager you're not really a manager but a worker. It doesn't seem like a smart position to build a career.

Interview Question – Tell me about your managerial style.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I didn't like the vibe I got from the company.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Save-A-Lot Food Stores