Save-A-Lot Food Stores

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Management Trainee Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, KY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, KY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Save-A-Lot Food Stores in November 2010.

The initial communication occurred at our college career fair. I met the representative and decided to find out more about the program. I was scheduled a one-on-one interview for the next day on the spot. The one-on-one interview was about 30-45 minutes and consisted of general questions - why I wanted the job, why i would be a good fit, what I knew about the company, how I fit into the company culture, etc. I was then called and scheduled for a very short phone interview which was similar questions by a differenct person. Finally I was offered an interview at their corporate office. They flew me from Lexington to St. Louis where I had about a half of a day of interviews with several different people in everything from one-on-one to group settings. The process felt extremely drawn out. They continually stated how the felt their company was viewed by customers, however, I felt it was viewed in a very dfferent way. I wasn't sure if they were just trying to make us believe it or if they actually believed it themselves.

Interview Questions
  • What makes you unique/fit into our company culture?   Answer Question
  • Why do you think you are a better fit then the next person I will interview?   Answer Question