Save Mart Interview Questions

Updated Aug 6, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Save Mart (Riverside, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

First there's a group interview usually in the break room, and if you do well, you might be called back for second interview in the managers office. They just ask about your personal life relating to work availability.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about save mart?   1 Answer

Private Label Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Save Mart.

Interview

Very thorough and good. There are a lot of questions that directly relates to my job description. There are also numerous parts to the process that enabled them to pick the right candidate.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Save Mart.

Interview

You hand in you resume (at least when it was paper form), if they like it the Assistant Store Manager (ASM) will call you for an interview, and then a second interview with the ASM and Store Manager (SM), followed by HR approval and the SM will hand you a shirt and apron followed by dress code regulation. The SM will give you a training date and time of arrival on your final meeting.

Customer Solutions Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Save Mart (Modesto, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Phone interview, then person to person. Found out later they already knew who they were hiring, applications and interviews just a formality. They have to post the job and interview more than 1 person to conform to union rules. Overall experience was less than positive. Interviews seemed bored and uninterested. Basically hiring supervisor and HR Rep were the only 2 in the interview and were doing it for procedure meeting only.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Save Mart (Fresno, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

They call you and have you sit in the office, they ask you questions as to why you want to work there, then ask if you have any questions. You are later called and asked to come in for a drug test and once you pass they offer the job and tell you when you will start.

Meat Cutter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Save Mart (Modesto, CA).

Interview

Awesome!!!! Great questions, very professional and also comfortable feeling during interview process.. duration of interview was about 20 min. Plus a 10 min quiz afterwards to show your ability in understanding cost to sales and profit ratio..

Interview Questions

• the obvious one is always the most difficult to answer.... why do u feel that you should get this position ? And whers do u see yourself in the next 5 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation

None!!!!!!!!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Save Mart (Fremont, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

You have to show up in person to the store, ask for the manger, get an application and apply. Get 1 interview, 1 drug testing and background check. Then your orientation and training process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Just come prepared and stay calm

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Save Mart (Modesto, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

I was callled for pre-interview questions by HR and the hiring manager for a Project Manager postion (I have over 20 years of PM, SOX and Green Belt). I was asked to come into the office the next day, but before I see them, I was asked to go to a different location to take a 'test'. This 'test' is about 2 hours long, on the computer and it one of those government overall accessment type of personality test, this one however, include a lot of fraction math. They do provide you with a calculator. I've taken these test at the county before and have passed all of them. I went to the corporate location for the interview, and the questions were basic enough for a PM position. Then when all was said and done, they said well we are looking at internal candiates as well. As soon as an employer says this, I as an outsider knows I'm not going to be considered and they can 'check off their EEOC list' and stay legal.

Interview Questions

• The one question that they didn't seem to like how I answered was 'how do you determine risk?' My answer was specific enough for project work and that was 'risk is determined by the project, and is determined by an undesriable outcome of the project if not implemented. I guess they might be looking for the dictionary verison of the work risk.   1 Answer

Bakery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sparks, NV

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Save Mart (Sparks, NV).

Interview

Dropped my application and resume off and was told they wouldnt be hiring anytime soon. 2 weeks later i was interviewing for a bagger position at 7.60 pr hour ,and was offered a baker clerk position instead at 11.00 an hour because i have 5+ years experience in food service I was making 15 at my last job I was forced to quit

Interview Questions

• I was not asked any difficult questoions exept if i could work any shift   Answer Question

Negotiation

there was none

Key Carrier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Save Mart.

Interview

just one interview with 2 people; 1 warm up question followed by 8 verbal questions and 2 written questions.