Save Mart Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2014

2.6

Meat Cutter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Save Mart.

Awesome!!!! Great questions, very professional and also comfortable feeling during interview process.. duration of interview was about 20 min. Plus a 10 min quiz afterwards to show your ability in understanding cost to sales and profit ratio..

Interview Questions
    • the obvious one is always the most difficult to answer.... why do u feel that you should get this position ? And whers do u see yourself in the next 5 years?   Answer Question
    None!!!!!!!!

Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Save Mart in October 2013.

You have to show up in person to the store, ask for the manger, get an application and apply. Get 1 interview, 1 drug testing and background check. Then your orientation and training process.

Interview Questions
    Just come prepared and stay calm

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Modesto, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Save Mart in October 2013.

I was callled for pre-interview questions by HR and the hiring manager for a Project Manager postion (I have over 20 years of PM, SOX and Green Belt). I was asked to come into the office the next day, but before I see them, I was asked to go to a different location to take a 'test'. This 'test' is about 2 hours long, on the computer and it one of those government overall accessment type of personality test, this one however, include a lot of fraction math. They do provide you with a calculator. I've taken these test at the county before and have passed all of them. I went to the corporate location for the interview, and the questions were basic enough for a PM position. Then when all was said and done, they said well we are looking at internal candiates as well. As soon as an employer says this, I as an outsider knows I'm not going to be considered and they can 'check off their EEOC list' and stay legal.

Interview Questions
    • The one question that they didn't seem to like how I answered was 'how do you determine risk?' My answer was specific enough for project work and that was 'risk is determined by the project, and is determined by an undesriable outcome of the project if not implemented. I guess they might be looking for the dictionary verison of the work risk.   Answer Question

Bakery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sparks, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sparks, NV

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Save Mart.

Dropped my application and resume off and was told they wouldnt be hiring anytime soon. 2 weeks later i was interviewing for a bagger position at 7.60 pr hour ,and was offered a baker clerk position instead at 11.00 an hour because i have 5+ years experience in food service I was making 15 at my last job I was forced to quit

Interview Questions
    • I was not asked any difficult questoions exept if i could work any shift   Answer Question
    there was none

Key Carrier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Save Mart.

just one interview with 2 people; 1 warm up question followed by 8 verbal questions and 2 written questions.

Technology Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westport, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westport, CT

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Save Mart in May 2008.

This is my first post and the interview was a while back. I just have a general complaint about the interview process in general and this is a good example of it. I was asked to interview for the position. Of course the salary is not posted and you're not supposed to ask, right. I take the time to go through three interviews with various different people. I was offered the job but the pay (revealed to me after the last interview) was not nearly what I had expected. Since the job required more hours my salary worked out to be less per hour. Anyway, they didn't want to negotiate and I just felt like I wasted a lot of time and aggravation.

Another interview gripe... I had another three interviews at another company and after the last interview, which I thought went very well, I never heard from them. I had to contact them to see what the decision was. Just thought that was rude. I stood on my head to make it to these interviews and to not even notify me that I didn't get the position. They also never mentioned the salary.

So I guess my points are
    1. Post the salary range for the postion
    2. Have the courtesy to notify the candidate if they didn't get the position.

Anyway, thanks for listening.

Interview Questions
    • When a user is at a hotel and can't connect to a web site, he's being redirected, what do you do.   View Answer

Customer Service Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Save Mart.

I submitted an application online at savemart.com. The application consisted of several questions such as "Do you enjoy working with other people? Yes/No"
    A day or two later, I called the employer asking if he had recieved my application.
    He replied that he had, and scheduled an interview for the following day.
    The questions were straightforward and simple. "Why do you want to work here?" "Do you have any similar experience?", etc.
    I was drug-tested immediately following the interview. It was a simple mouth-swab test and it took place in his office.
    I began working a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • "Do you have any experience relating to the job you have applied for?"
      (I had never had a job before.)
        Answer Question

Head Clerk Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Save Mart in November 2009.

Interview Questions
    • They gave me a list of items and asked how I would merchandise them on a shelf.   View Answer