Save-On Foods

Updated Oct 29, 2014
Updated Oct 29, 2014

1.6

Part Time Grocery Clerk Interview

i registered on line. About after 3 days, HR gave me a call, they ask me some common questions.it's very easy. HR is very friendly, don't be nervous. I think It's a great company.

General Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Save-On Foods in September 2014.

Phone interview and then within 2 days 1:1 interview. Very friendly and simple. best thing is that they train us. Interview was like I am talking to my friend. I didn't felt like I was being interviewed.

I didnt negotiate

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Save-On Foods.

Extensive phone interview from company hq, then a call from the store manager about a week later to set up an in-person interview. Very clear and straightforward, mainly situational & availability questions

Department Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Save-On Foods.

It didn't take too long. I applied online and also in store I dropped my resume. They had only one interview. And which was very easy pissy. There was nothing difficult as it was store job.

Grocery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sidney, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sidney, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Save-On Foods in April 2014.

Very casual questions. Initial interview was over the phone with an independent firm.....very nice people.....The interview by the hiring manager was again casual and made you feel really comfortable.....Questions we're uniquely asked to see if you were down to earth and true customer service material. All in all a good experience.

Produce Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Save-On Foods.

I applied online. 3 days later, someone called me and interviewed me on the phone. It was totally like a typical interview, but on the phone. The person who i talked to was impressed by what i show her, so she told me to wait for a manager to call me and to fix an interview face to face. A day later, a grumpy manager called me and told me the day of the interview.

The interview was typical. Tell me your strenghts,your past experience, why do you want to work at save on foods,etc.The manager was very rude tho, i guess it wasnt a good day for him.

Interview Questions
    • I know that you can do your best and that you have all these strenghts, but tell me how i can know without hiring you that you can do the job?   Answer Question

General Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranbrook, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranbrook, BC (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Save-On Foods in November 2013.

They brought me in and talked to me one on one for an hour. Very general question: Why do you want to work here? What do you think of the city? Received a call the same day asking for references. 10 mins later they hired me.

Bag Boy Interview

1 interview in person

unable to negotiate

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prince George, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prince George, BC (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Save-On Foods in April 2012.

interview process was great. she was very polite and friendly. really made me want to work there.

Interview Questions
    • what do you know about save on foods and its affiliates   Answer Question

Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Save-On Foods in January 2012.

Routine interview, asks about prior experience, prior problem solving situations. Met up with the general manager at an office, discussed prior job learning experiences, pros/cons of prior competitor pharmacy, etc.

No negotiation at all.