Save-On Foods Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015

1.8

Grocery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Save-On Foods (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

My very first interview. Manager made me feel very welcome! Questions weren't too difficult, mainly on availability. Just be honest and try to answer every question truthfully. Make sure you show up 10 minutes early and wear somewhat dressy clothes. In order to get the job, not only do you have to fit the job, but the job has to fit you. The manager will see if you are a good fit for their team.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Save-On Foods?   1 Answer
    • Are you searching for a temporary or permanent position?   1 Answer
    • Describe a situation where you left a customer more than satisfied with your service.   1 Answer

Personal Shopper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Surrey, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Save-On Foods (Surrey, BC (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

It was really quick and easy! I applied on Tuesday and got a phone call interview on the Thursday. The lady was really nice and the questions were pretty basic, mainly asking about scenarios from my previous job experience. She then said she would have the hiring manager call me to set up an in person interview at the store. I had my in-store interview on Monday, so only 5 days after the phone one. The hiring manager was really nice and approachable, and there weren't any surprise questions. I got the phone call 2 days later that I was hired!

Interview Questions

• What qualities do you possess that would be good for the personal shopper role?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Save-On Foods in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted for a phone interview and the woman I had spoken with was very polite, it all went well, however I was told I would be contacted by the hiring manager over and over again and it didn't happen for a month, when was told I would be contacted within 4 days. Had to continuously follow up. When I finally sent my last email to them I finally got a phone call for a one on one interview, it went ok, about 45 minutes long and typical questions. She told me they were very school friendly but when I told her I was in school she was turned off by it and just seemed like she didn't want me to be in school.. she didn't want me to work the amount of hours I told her I was comfortable with and wanted more... When she told me that she is okay with however many I would need..... She told me to think about it and give her a call with a higher number of hours and I did that evening and she seemed weird and confused that I was even calling her... Just very strange.

Part Time Grocery Clerk Interview

Interview

i registered on line. About after 3 days, HR gave me a call, they ask me some common questions.it's very easy. HR is very friendly, don't be nervous. I think It's a great company.

General Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Save-On Foods (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in September 2014.

Interview

Phone interview and then within 2 days 1:1 interview. Very friendly and simple. best thing is that they train us. Interview was like I am talking to my friend. I didn't felt like I was being interviewed.

Negotiation

I didnt negotiate

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Save-On Foods.

Interview

Extensive phone interview from company hq, then a call from the store manager about a week later to set up an in-person interview. Very clear and straightforward, mainly situational & availability questions

Department Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Save-On Foods (Edmonton, AB (Canada)).

Interview

It didn't take too long. I applied online and also in store I dropped my resume. They had only one interview. And which was very easy pissy. There was nothing difficult as it was store job.

Grocery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sidney, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Save-On Foods (Sidney, BC (Canada)) in April 2014.

Interview

Very casual questions. Initial interview was over the phone with an independent firm.....very nice people.....The interview by the hiring manager was again casual and made you feel really comfortable.....Questions we're uniquely asked to see if you were down to earth and true customer service material. All in all a good experience.

General Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Victoria, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Save-On Foods (Victoria, BC (Canada)) in January 2014.

Interview

Got a call the next morning I applied. Dress formally, the process went really fast. relatively easy! The manager was really nice and the questions were asked about previous work experience etc

Produce Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Save-On Foods.

Interview

I applied online. 3 days later, someone called me and interviewed me on the phone. It was totally like a typical interview, but on the phone. The person who i talked to was impressed by what i show her, so she told me to wait for a manager to call me and to fix an interview face to face. A day later, a grumpy manager called me and told me the day of the interview. The interview was typical. Tell me your strenghts,your past experience, why do you want to work at save on foods,etc.The manager was very rude tho, i guess it wasnt a good day for him.

Interview Questions

• I know that you can do your best and that you have all these strenghts, but tell me how i can know without hiring you that you can do the job?   Answer Question