Save the Children International

Updated Dec 18, 2014
Updated Dec 18, 2014

3.1

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Save the Children International.

This was done over the phone as the panel was spread out over multiple locations. There were no surprises here, it seemed very informal / conversational. It was not a highly formal, structured process as it is at other NGOs.

You will have to stay within the states salary range unless there is a VERY good reason. Even then, I wouldn't have high expectations. All positions should have a salary range. You will only get on the high end if you have significant experience or have worked for the organisaiton before.

Community Mobilization Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Juba (Ethiopia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Juba (Ethiopia)

I applied online. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Save the Children International in March 2014.

I was interviewed on phone for the oral interview, and the written was on line. after the interview it took a little bit long for the result to come like about a month after the interview. I was hired and seconded to another organization. I introduced myself to that organization and later to the hired manager and the senior HR.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handled a dispute between you and your line manager?   View Answer
    • How would handle an insecurity situation?   View Answer
    Salary pay.

Senior Finance Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Save the Children International in February 2014.

I applied directly. Interview went well, pleasant interviewer. Unfortunately, HR did not respond my emails requesting feedback. When a month later, I managed to speak with a HR Manager he still had no feedback, just 'you did not make it to the second stage'. What is even worse is that they said I would be best suited for a junior role, which is rather insulting. I doubt I will ever apply again to work for Save the Children.

Interview Questions
    • What are the challenges that finance face in an international charity?   Answer Question

Technical Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dörtyol, Hatay (Turkey)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dörtyol, Hatay (Turkey)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Save the Children International.

Moved very quickly. Submitted application online, received email request for interview. Panel interview, followed by short-listing interview. Following the short-listing, HR promptly followed up with an offer packet. I think since it is a large international organization, HR is relatively straight forward. They know what they can offer salary wise based on their salary scale (which is in the handbook) and what benefits they offer to international staff.

Interview Questions
    • Relatively standard questions pertaining to the technical area of the position   Answer Question
    Negotiation was rather straight forward - SCI has salary scales and are fairly forthright about what they can offer.

Team Leader Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sindhi (Pakistan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sindhi (Pakistan)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Save the Children International in May 2012.

Interview was about a Kabirwala based position Team Leader Supply Chain.
    Responsible for maintaining a team of more than 200 persons, one of the biggest warehouses of Pakistan and it is a key position to achieve marketing and sales goals.
    It is the most important position to make availability of products to end users at its best using distributors and other logistical services.

Promotion at current employer

Communications Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)

The process took a weekinterviewed at Save the Children International in March 2012.

There was test. After 3 days from the test, they called me for an interview.

I was offered within 2 days of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • What is your biggest acheivement in communications field so far?   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Save the Children International in February 2012.

2 interviews. One with HR, one with high level staff. Standard type questions. First interview about your employment history, and basic skills. The 2nd interview about interpersonal skills and with your line Manager.

Interview Questions
    • Working in difficult situations and how you work as a team.   Answer Question
    No opportunity for negotiation

Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sanaa (Yemen)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sanaa (Yemen)

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Save the Children International in November 2011.

The hiring process on the whole was pretty familiar to me and was comprehensive, as I was already working with Save the Children International.

Officer - ICT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dhaka (Bangladesh)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dhaka (Bangladesh)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Save the Children International in October 2011.

they give ad, i applied, the selected me for interview and give interview and selected

it was fixed

Human Resources Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Save the Children International in September 2010.

After due date of Job advertisement, HR call in all the CV which has been received against the position. then CVs are send to hiring manager. He then send 5 to 6 short listed cv. HR then call them for interview

Interview Questions
    • Could be any question, when your mind decided that for a moment “let me see what he will answer now” :D   View Answer