Save the Children International

8 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Finance Officer Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Save the Children International in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied directly. Interview went well, pleasant interviewer. Unfortunately, HR did not respond my emails requesting feedback. When a month later, I managed to speak with a HR Manager he still had no feedback, just 'you did not make it to the second stage'. What is even worse is that they said I would be best suited for a junior role, which is rather insulting. I doubt I will ever apply again to work for Save the Children.

Interview Question – What are the challenges that finance face in an international charity?   Answer Question

Technical Advisor Interview

Technical Advisor
Dörtyol, Hatay (Turkey)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Save the Children International.

Interview Details – Moved very quickly. Submitted application online, received email request for interview. Panel interview, followed by short-listing interview. Following the short-listing, HR promptly followed up with an offer packet. I think since it is a large international organization, HR is relatively straight forward. They know what they can offer salary wise based on their salary scale (which is in the handbook) and what benefits they offer to international staff.

Interview Question – Relatively standard questions pertaining to the technical area of the position   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was rather straight forward - SCI has salary scales and are fairly forthright about what they can offer.

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Human Resources Assistant

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Save the Children International in September 2010.

Interview Details – After due date of Job advertisement, HR call in all the CV which has been received against the position. then CVs are send to hiring manager. He then send 5 to 6 short listed cv. HR then call them for interview

Interview Question – Could be any question, when your mind decided that for a moment “let me see what he will answer now” :D   View Answer

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Human Resources Coordinator
Mīrpur Khās (Pakistan)

I interviewed at Save the Children International in March 2010.

Interview Details – Application
Screening
Shortlisting
Interview
Test
Reference Check
Office Call

Interview Question – What is child Protection?   View Answer

Communications Manager Interview

Communications Manager
Sanaa (Yemen)

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Save the Children International in November 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring process on the whole was pretty familiar to me and was comprehensive, as I was already working with Save the Children International.

Team Leader Supply Chain Interview

Sindhi (Pakistan)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Save the Children International in May 2012.

Interview Details – Interview was about a Kabirwala based position Team Leader Supply Chain.
Responsible for maintaining a team of more than 200 persons, one of the biggest warehouses of Pakistan and it is a key position to achieve marketing and sales goals.
It is the most important position to make availability of products to end users at its best using distributors and other logistical services.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Promotion at current employer

Communications Coordinator Interview

Communications Coordinator
Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Save the Children International in March 2012.

Interview Details – There was test. After 3 days from the test, they called me for an interview.

I was offered within 2 days of the interview.

Interview Question – What is your biggest acheivement in communications field so far?   View Answer

Officer - ICT Interview

Dhaka (Bangladesh)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Save the Children International in October 2011.

Interview Details – they give ad, i applied, the selected me for interview and give interview and selected

Interview Question – what is team playing?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – it was fixed

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Save the Children International? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Save the Children International interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Save the Children International employees and interview candidates.