Save the Children Interview Questions

Updated Jun 6, 2015

2.9

Director Position Interview

Interview

The HR Recruiter had a 30 minute conversation with me and flat out said that I was going to be having an interview with the hiring manager. I did my due diligence and spent a ton of time preparing. She never bothered to return another email or phone call. Completely unprofessional. She showed zero integrity.

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Save the Children.

Interview

I was contacted 1 week after applying. From the email to the meeting, the interviewer seemed to just want to get the interview out of the way. The interviewer seemed preoccupied and disorganized; asked a few questions; and it was over in 10 minutes. I walked out of there feeling they already made their decision. Complete waste of time.

Health Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Save the Children.

Interview

I received a call from the DC office to schedule an interview for two different positions on two different days. I was interviewed by two people. It was an interesting interview.

Interview Questions

• The question were directly related to the position. Like, what would you do in this type of situation, or what would your methods or procedure be.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Save the Children in November 2014.

Interview

Brief phone screen by HR, then brief phone interview with manager (I was not located near offices). They didn't ask very difficult questions, they just wanted me to tell them about myself, and they wanted tell me about the position. The process from the time I applied to the time I got hired took maybe 1.5 months.

Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Save the Children.

Interview

Initial communications were clear via email and phone. The process can be longer as people travel within the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Save the Children (Washington, DC) in March 2013.

Interview

There were two telephone interviews. The first was an initial screening with the department assistant. The second was with the hiring manager. Both were straightforward. I was asked to describe my relevant experience and how I could contribute to the team. I prepared by reading relevant Save the Children publications.

Interview Questions

• What advice can you offer us for improving our organization?   1 Answer

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Save the Children (Washington, DC).

Interview

The phone interview was set up via e-mail by and HR person how confirmed that she would initiate the call. Questions were general and then relied on the the position description.

The in person (1:1) interview was set up by one of the project team members.

The 1:1 interview was strange and somewhat unprofessional. The Interviewer was pleasant but seemed unprepared and inexperienced. For example, the interviewer had not previously reviewed my resume and left me in the interview room to get a drink. There were few questions about my work experience or technical skills. Interviewer asked personal questions and spoke more if his/her own experience and then basically insulted everyone who didn't work in her specific field.

Interview Questions

• Have you spoken to your family about this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Save the Children (Washington, DC) in October 2011.

Interview

Applied online with application and writing sample. They also asked to perform a background check, and also provided me with the results. Met with Program Coordinator, then Director for final interview. They did read the writing sample and asked about its contents during the interview.

Program Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Save the Children (Washington, DC) in March 2010.

Interview

After first being contacted for an interview, and finally going in for an interview, the hiring manager never contacted me to let me know that they had chosen another candidate. Save the Children is a very reputable organization, however this was not a good example of professionalism from one of their employees.

Interview Questions

• How do you thrive in a fast-paced, ever changing environment?   1 Answer

Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rangoon (Burma)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Save the Children (Rangoon (Burma)).

Interview

Interview information by phone. The first panel interview by panel of hiring managers and the second one by senoir management . The first and the second interviews were 2 weeks apart.The interview language was English even though for local position.

Interview Questions

• General questions such as experineces . Behavioural questions and case senerios.   Answer Question