Save the Children

Updated Feb 5, 2015
Updated Feb 5, 2015

2.8

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Save the Children in June 2011.

First round of Telephonic Interview, if get shortlisted you would be called in for a 1:1 Interview round. Final round of Interview would be conducted to finalize the salary part. After all the discussions you would be asked to submit your previous employment documents and references if all is clear you will be contact to confirm the Date Of Joining.

Documentation Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)
    Anonymous Employee in Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Save the Children in March 2012.

2 interviews i have gave.

Desktop Support Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Save the Children in March 2008.

The first interview was a brief interview with H.R. for screening purposes. The second interview was a few days later with the IT manager and a couple folks from the team. I was asked the usual desktop support questions and it went very well. I was invited back for a third interview witht the IT director a few days after that. This interview consisted more of the "where do you see yourself in 5 years" type questions. This also went very well. Here is my gripe... I was never notified. I waited two weeks or so and finally emailed the IT manager. He replied that they found someone that better fit the position. OK, great, but don't leave people hanging like that. Very annoying because it's not easy getting to these interviews (mid day mind you so I have to take time from work) and they don't have the courtesy to call or even email you? After 3 interviews?

Interview Questions
    • Provide an example where you were not able to solve a problem and what did you do about it?   View Answer

Communications Interview

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Save the Children in August 2009.

It was a phone interview followed by a one on one. It was very competitive and I think most candidates were hugely overqualified for the position.

Program Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Save the Children in March 2010.

After first being contacted for an interview, and finally going in for an interview, the hiring manager never contacted me to let me know that they had chosen another candidate. Save the Children is a very reputable organization, however this was not a good example of professionalism from one of their employees.

Interview Questions
    • How do you thrive in a fast-paced, ever changing environment?   View Answer

Foold Security and Livelihoods Community Mobilization Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Save the Children in September 2010.

Save the Children conducted test to short list the candidates for interviews. After that shortlisted candidates were called for interviews. A panel of six persons including HR, Program, Child Protection conducted interviews.

Interview Questions
    • When the child rights ordnance passed in Pakistan   View Answer
    I only negotiated on salary............and posting place

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Save the Children in March 2013.

There were two telephone interviews. The first was an initial screening with the department assistant. The second was with the hiring manager. Both were straightforward. I was asked to describe my relevant experience and how I could contribute to the team. I prepared by reading relevant Save the Children publications.

Interview Questions
    • What advice can you offer us for improving our organization?   View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nairobi (Kenya)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nairobi (Kenya)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Save the Children.

Hiring starts by advertisement then after deadline of application takes two weeks for selection, one is then invited for an interview which is basically a written assessment then if successful you are then invited for an interview which is an oral interview where there will be a panel of 3-5 mostly 3 people,a department guy who will be basically your supervisor, a hr guy and one person from the administration department or support service personnel.If you are successful you will be send an email notifying you that your referee are being contacted and they will be sent forms to fill about your conduct and how well they know you such stuff.Each process takes two weeks,the written interview will be technical questions that will measure how well you are in your are of specialty. The oral interview will consist of the general part of the interview and technical part restrictively. Caution some people have both interviews at the same day depending on the urgency of the position/recruitment so come prepared for any of the two cases.All the best contract for internship is 3 months and will be extended by a month or max 2 months.

Interview Questions
    • 5 Policies that you would put in place to ensure safeguarding of cash and cash equivalents   View Answer
    The salary negotiation was during the second interview where i quoted four times the standard pay for kenyan national interns which is ksh 15,000 since i had seen that UK interns earn usd 1200 as stipend but that was just for protocol the salary is standard that you will know when receiveing contract form after you have passed the inerview

Health Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Save the Children.

I received a call from the DC office to schedule an interview for two different positions on two different days. I was interviewed by two people. It was an interesting interview.

Interview Questions
    • The question were directly related to the position. Like, what would you do in this type of situation, or what would your methods or procedure be.   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Save the Children.

I was contacted 1 week after applying. From the email to the meeting, the interviewer seemed to just want to get the interview out of the way. The interviewer seemed preoccupied and disorganized; asked a few questions; and it was over in 10 minutes. I walked out of there feeling they already made their decision. Complete waste of time.