Savers

Average Difficulty
28 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Production

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Savers.

Interview Details – there was 2 interveiws. i was asked same question twice in a row i thought that was weird after i just answered it they asked the same thing again. very basic questions not hard at all. just questions that describe you like "a time when you..." questions.

Dublin, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Savers in September 2013.

Interview Details – It was an open interview. The job was posted on Craigslist. The interview was short and easy. The interview process was basically a waste of time because they will hire anyone, including bank robbers and drug dealers who are dealing in the parking lot or in the community donation center.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Sales Associate/Cashier

I applied online and interviewed at Savers.

Interview Details – applied online and was interviewed probably a month later as they were in the process of opening a new store. Interviewed by 2 friendly managers (they gave out candy!) and had a good/easy conversation with them.

Interview Question – what does savers do, what are they known for?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – min wage...take forever to adv.

Team Member Interview

Team Member
Bountiful, UT

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Savers in May 2014.

Interview Details – I filled out an application online, and they called me to schedule an interview. I was hired fairly quickly as they were desperate to hire people that didn't feel the positions that they'd applied for.
The interview was just a number of questions, and they wrote down your answer in front of you.

Interview Question – Everything was fairly straight-forward and easy to understand.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Make sure you assert what hours and days you will and will not be able to work, and they'll definitely consider it.

Arcadia, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Savers in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and heard nothing back. Weeks later I noticed a missed call on my phone with no message left so I researched the number and found out it was Savers. I called the store and asked to speak with HR and was connected with the store manager. I asked to check on the status of my application. He reviewed it with me and asked me to come in that day for an interview.

When I arrived the manager wasn't available so I interviewed with a supervisor. Interview lasted about 15 minutes with questions such as why do you want to work here, what would you do if you noticed one of your coworkers stealing, what experience do you posses that you can bring to savers, tell me a time you had to deal with a difficult guest and what did you do. After the interview was over she asked me to come back tomorrow for another interview with the store manager. The following day with the store manager I was asked pretty much the same questions, he went over where I'd be working, what I'd be doing and told he still had others to interview and he'd let me know within a few days. A few hours after the interview I received a phone call offering me a job, which I took because I needed one

Production

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Savers.

Interview Details – Hired on the spot. I was willing to work weekends.

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Savers in April 2014.

Interview Details – The interview was a 3 part process. To begin, a Store Manager gave me a tour of the store beginning with the stockroom and explained all the different stations from receiving the donations to pulling the non-sellable and baling it for donation. The manager then educated me on the product rotation system that they utilize to ensure that no merchandise older than 4 weeks stays out on the sales floor. The second part was the interview process with another Store Manager who was asking me all the traditional questions and really made it a point to say the word "specific" a lot. After the manager's portion of the interview process I then asked some of my prepared questions. After asking a couple, I discovered that they were not interviewing and hiring for a Store Manager position but it was a job fair type of atmosphere and that they were just looking to "build their bench". If I was offered a position and accepted it would be a Production Manager or Front End Manager position and that if I was to be hired in as a Store Manager the company would take that rate of pay and put it into an hourly rate and pay me that way until an actual Store Manager position opened and then I would be transitioned to a salaried rate. I then was asked to stay for a second interview and this was performed by yet another Store Manager. While I was there I never met or encountered anyone for the company higher than a Store Manager which I found very intriguing. Usually you have someone higher in pay grade interviewing for a Store Manager position, not someone of the same rank. Again, this Store Manager asked me the same identical questions that the other Store Manager asked me and this one was still obsessed and overused the word, specific. The Store Managers in the interviews acted like the company was something that was really difficult for a lot of people to comprehend because it is a "thrift-store environment". It's very simple, the donations come in, you separate them, process them, price them and then you take them to the sales floor. It's identical in almost every sense of the word with just about any type of other big box retailer with a large volume of softlines (clothing). I really wish I could have met a District Manager so I could have got their understanding of what is expected of their store management teams. I told the last interviewing Store Manager of the reviews I read about Savers on Glassdoor.com and he was somewhat taken back and really did not know about the type of reviews the company was getting and their approval ratings of 2.2 stars and a 27% Willing to Recommend rating for employees to recommend Savers as a place to work. He assured me that the company is aware that the management needs to be better and that they need to change the culture.

Interview Question – The questions were elementary and scripted. The Store Managers never really varied or tried to own the interviews. They seemed to be very adamant on following the prepared interview forms.   Answer Question

Sales Clerk/Cashier Interview

Sales Clerk/Cashier
Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Savers in January 2013.

Interview Details – They asked about my previous jobs what I liked about it and didn't like, they asked how I benefited the company and anything i did to increase efficiency, they asked why I quit, and asked how long I planned on staying

Interview Question – What was the hardest thing you had to do at your last job   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – you could negotiate income but they don't give you much leeway at all

Manager In Training Interview

Manager In Training

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Savers.

Interview Details – My first interview was with HR manager and second interview with district manager.

Production

I applied online and interviewed at Savers.

Interview Details – The interview process was very low-key. I initially was contacted via email by a recruiter who asked some follow-up questions and then proceeded to set up an interview time. The interview was very easy going. The manager told me about the company and the typical work day, looked over my resume and asked questions about my work history, and offered me the job on the spot.

Interview Question – Most of the questions were very straightforward and easy to answer... Tell me about yourself. Why do you want to work here? Questions about my education. The question that stood out the most was "Tell me one thing about yourself that no one else who is applying can do." or something very similar to that.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Savers

Worked for Savers? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Savers interview questions and advice. All 28 interview reviews posted anonymously by Savers employees and interview candidates.